FriendsList.mac

Reaction score
Ever since SOE changed how and where your friends list is stored 3+ years ago (it is now stored server side), I have been meaning to get around to throwing this together.

It is a nightmare to merge/manage friends lists across multiple toons the way SOE has it now.
This handy dandy utility is designed to allow you export/list/import your friends list between characters.

Syntax:
/macro friendslist PARAM0 PARAM1

Where Param0 is one of three functions: List, Export, Import.
And Param1 is the name of the toon who's friends you wish to import.

Examples:
/macro friendslist list ---> Lists all your current configured friends.
/macro friendslist export ---> Exports your friends list of current toon to the Friendslist.ini file.
/macro friendslist import [ToonName] ---> Imports and adds names from [ToonName]'s exported list into your friends list.
Note: (You MUST have done an EXPORT on [ToonName] prior to attempting and import of his friends list on another toon !!!)

So... say I have 50 friends configured on MyRogue1 toon. I just logon to that toon, and run an export to create his friends list.
Now I logon to my newly created toon MyMage1, and run "/macro FriendsList import MyRogue1" to add any friend from that list into MyMage1's friend list.

It knows if a name already exists and will not attempt to add/duplicate any existing friends.

I am defaulting to a maximum of 50 friends in the master array.
If you have more than 50 friends to export/import ... then change the value for ArrayMax in the macro within the USER CONFIGURABLE VALUES area.

This utility makes it a breeze to merge your friends lists across accounts... and sync them.

--- UPDATE ---
Found an issue in EQ itself when attempting to import a friendslist on a NEW toon that has NO existing friends configured.
You must add 1 single entry to friends manually.... one time... after that... this utility will be able to handle all other imports.
Its an issue with EQ itself.