February changes

They're not going to "run people off" EQ 2 years before EQNext goes live. That would be completely retarded. Anyone "forced" to quit EQ now is going to end up addicted to a non-Sony game long before EQNext appears and it will be all the harder to get those players back to Sony products.

What I like about these nerfs (and I do some swarm type XPing myself, altho not for profit) is that in theory at least they're NOT removing the ability to do some mass killing, just getting the quantity of mobs involved down to reasonable proportions.

The AA thingy is a whole 'nother proposition. Realistically players need a shitload of AAs to accomplish much in the game. It was a good move, I think most would agree, to implement bonus AAXP for low-AA toons, like they already did. I think they would have been better off just enhancing this feature, if they felt they needed to do more to care-bear assist new and returning players. Just giving away stacks of AA's is lame, especially as some people have noted, if the mix is pre-selected and the very fact that new toons will start out with a ton of AAs reduces the pace that they can earn more AAs. I agree it makes much more sense to level straight to 95 or 100 and then earn key AA's with the huge AAXP bonus than to be instantly advanced to 85/4000AAs (or whatever it will be), thereby acquiring lots of potential useless AAs and making it much harder to earn the good ones only available at 95-100.

Sometimes I think the devs just don't think it thru. Let's just hope they do pay attention to the 55 pages+ of feedback on their forums and actually make changes to the implementation as a result of the THOUGHTFUL feedback. Threats of quitting the game because a player can't earn plat providing PL services using mass killing techniques... that's not going to have any impact at all. They see that as a problem that hurts the game so the better strat is to render reasonable complaints such as mentioned here.

Last edited:
Siegetank,

While I mostly agree with you, I do get the AA thing from the perspective of the course they have chosen.

This is to help the solo rogue who is between 85-90 who cannot kill even a lt blue mob, and other like him. What good is having a vast AA increase if you cannot earn XP at all? Yes, he should probably group, but grouping is pretty much dead in any content not current, and a FtP player will not have CotF so no HAs. He has to go to an SoD, UF, or HoT zone to try and earn XP and the mobs in these zones will kick his ass without thinking twice about it. This change is for those types of players.

I know you didn't read the thread at SOE, which I don't blame you, but Tearsin makes a very good argument there about this. The majority of people complaining about it seem to fall into two camps. Sellers, who are going to lose customers, and vets who think everyone should walk in their shoes and not get handouts. Neither of these is considering the health of the game. Like it or hate it, I think the devs are thinking about that fact, not about history or profits or "turning people away" from the game they love and have built an entire year-long promotion around (seriously, wtf?).

Also, it looks like Smed has laid down the law to the teams. Truth will out and all that. Have we ever seen this level of disclosure from the devs about anything in this game?

Last edited:
Also, the devs mentioned lag in that thread.

Im curious if they took into consideration that the UCS being broke could be causing a massive spike on their system? Every time that shit goes up and down, I lag in game. So do others. This is happening on every server.

The UCS has been broke for going on two fucking months now. It going up and down cannot be a good thing when it comes to their server load. The shit spikes every time it goes up and down.

They're not going to "run people off" EQ 2 years before EQNext goes live. That would be completely retarded.

Maybe I should have said "slowly condition us to leave EQ1 for EQN" by letting EQ1 slowly deteriorate.

Lets face it, EQ1 has seen better days. The overall quality of the game is just complete shit from top to bottom.

Its honestly getting to a point in which anyone is retarded for paying any money at all to play EQ1. Even before the nerfs it was already on that road, but if these nerfs go live, it pretty much bolsters that sentiment.

yay

I like these changes, all of them. Pretty much everything they are doing is welcome in my book. I just hope the AAs granted are usable where I want to spend them.

What a JOKE !!!!!

soe has never been the " smartest cookie " this might make players mass exodus

The overall quality of the game is just complete shit from top to bottom.

I suspect you're exaggerating for effect but---jeeez---if you feel that way why you still around? It ain't THAT bad, especially "top to bottom." Any game with this width and breadth and age is going to have parts that don't please some people.

But Jeez Louise... LOL

The overall quality of the game is just complete shit from top to bottom.

I suspect you're exaggerating for effect but---jeeez---if you feel that way why you still around? It ain't THAT bad, especially "top to bottom." Any game with this width and breadth and age is going to have parts that don't please some people.

But Jeez Louise... LOL

If I was just playing to actually play the game then I think I would enjoy these changes. I'm not so narcissistic that I spend lots of time playing a game I completely detest.

Im curious if they took into consideration that the UCS being broke could be causing a massive spike on their system? Every time that shit goes up and down, I lag in game. So do others. This is happening on every server.

The UCS has been broke for going on two fucking months now. It going up and down cannot be a good thing when it comes to their server load. The shit spikes every time it goes up and down.

When the UCS goes down.. and ping pongs up and down... it is BECAUSE of the massive lag the server is experiencing.... not a contributing item towards it.

Every time I see the UCS start to drop and return and drop.. etc... I do a "/who all magician 97 100" ... wanna take a guess how many mages are in "evantil" at that exact moment.... lol

That is amusing... "Yeah, we decided to do this, after all this time, because it's really causing a problem with our servers"

Coincidentally, don't get plvled anymore, buy our level 85 characters with station cash..

bahaha.

QFT its so obvious what they are doing its painful.

When the UCS goes down.. and ping pongs up and down... it is BECAUSE of the massive lag the server is experiencing.... not a contributing item towards it.

Every time I see the UCS start to drop and return and drop.. etc... I do a "/who all magician 97 100" ... wanna take a guess how many mages are in "evantil" at that exact moment.... lol

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

Simple marketing in a market you have a monopoly on but you still want additional profits:
1. Make original option bad. (hinder ability to easily level)
2. Offer new option for more money. (new toons that are preleveled)

Simple marketing in a market you have a monopoly on but you still want additional profits:
1. Make original option bad. (hinder ability to easily level)
2. Offer new option for more money. (new toons that are preleveled)

Ding ding ding ding! Can't be too mad at them lol. They are just finally enforcing part of their EULA while trying to profit from the change. It's what a business does. /shrug Just sucks that legit people will be effected because it is a blanket effect.

Statement1: SoE does respond to enough crying/whinging/moaning, eventually.

Statement2: Outrage/Moaning/crying about an ability/aa/strategy/by a single class is always superseded by the outrage/crying/moaning of multiple classes (eg every non mage class) about an ability/aa/strategy and gathers more attention and eventually results in Statement 1.

Statement3: Causing non individual class based outrage/moaning/crying by all the other classes is directly proportional to the amount the ability impinges upon the game/fun of other classes.

Statement 4: The use of an ability/aa/strategy to gather such unwanted attention as per statement3 is directly related to the amount the ability/aa/strategy is utilised by the offending class.

Statement 5: So therefore when Statement 4 (total number of asshats spoiling game for other people) reaches critical point, it results in Statement 3 (Group Fun being affected) which when it reaches critical point and cannot be ignored as per Statement 2(Group Moaning>Class Moaning), results in Statement 1.

And usually statement 1 results in wide spectrum nerf bat being applied.

Ergo: The offending class Fucked themselves by their own actions.

Someone could probably could clean up the code... better than my logic :p

/if (${Group[Crying].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Crying].ID} && ${Group.Crying}>${Class.Crying} && !${Class.AA}>${Group.Fun} && !${Dev.NotAsleep}) /casting "Wide Spectrum Nerf Bat" gem3

Someone could probably could clean up the code... better than my logic :p

/if (${Group[Crying].Stacks} && !${Me.Buff[Crying].ID} && ${Group.Crying}>${Class.Crying} && !${Class.AA}>${Group.Fun} && !${Dev.NotAsleep}) /casting "Wide Spectrum Nerf Bat" gem3

That is some funny shit. You need to take a break from messing with MQ2Melee.

Explain in detail how you know this as fact?

Well, i did notice the UCS lags out when I do my spam PLing. And not so much when I am not doing it. Then again, I am doing it during prime time every day so maybe that isnt a good indicator.

It lags me out just sitting in the guild hall. Others report same thing.