Farming runes in MPG

Mouse

Reaction score
I six box and needed to get all my OoW spells for all six of my toons so I started farming MPG and got pretty efficient at it. The MPG named I will list all drop the 5 different types of runes. Once I had all my glowing runes, I started selling loot rights to the glowing runes and CoH'd people to the corpses. Between the sabotage mission (pre-nerf) and this I'm a platinum multi-millionaire.

I use Autobot for all my characters in the MQ2 VIP section. Two of the named camps I have as warp points put you in aggro vicinity of a wanderer. You must be able to either Mezz it ASAP or get snap aggro and have your group up and running in a second. I also use MQ2EQBC to coordinate warping with all my toons. Before I move into a camp with a wanderer I'll bring up the map, target it, and then use:

/bc /Varset MATarget ${Target.ID}

This will tell all your bots what the target is so they'll jump on it immediately after warp if you're using Autobot.

The rules:

1) Set up camp at Bluespark (Projection of the Mind). You can go afk here without danger of roamers and it's far off the beaten path that hardly noone will bother you or care if you go afk at this camp.

2) Before you warp to any spot, look at your map and see if there are any players nearby. If they are close to a named camp, skip it.

3) If someone calls camp check, only claim Bluespark. This is your home base and people don't care about it. 80% of the people that go to MPG are looking for Blind Hunter / Taskfiend Caikap or 6-way (Odi/Ghio). Most people don't know MPG beyond those two camps and how to get to RSS.

Hotkey #1 - Bluespark
/warp loc 417 -1025 -307
/bca //warp loc 417 -1025 -307

Hotkey #2 - Neuromancer
/warp loc -4850 -1706 -307
/bca //warp loc -4850 -1706 -307

Hotkey #3 - Cadivor
/warp loc -1993 -3173 -307
/bca //warp loc -1993 -3173 -307

Hotkey #4 - Leisov
/warp loc -3484 1441 -307
/bca //warp loc -3484 1441 -307

Hotkey #5 - Odi
/warp loc -1549 -608 -307
/bca //warp loc -1549 -608 -307

Camp 1 - Diodite Bluespark
The warp loc is a safe spot. When you're afk space your characters out a bit so it doesn't look like they're all warped on the same loc. Bluespark is always a warrior, pretty straight up fight.

Camp 2 - Neuromancer Vionne
Warp loc is a safe spot. Sometimes people camp Neuromancer so always check the map to look for existing camps before warping. She's an enchanter and will launch a typical temp OoW mini-pet.

Camp 3 - Cadivor Fonidan
Face NE before you warp so you won't have to spin around from a wall. This is NOT a safe spot. You are in a corner where a wanderer paths by so you may have immediate aggro, plan accordingly. You only have to kill 1 wanderer and then can pull the named/placeholder. Another warrior, nothing special.

Camp 4 - Hunter Leisov
Face North before you warp to face the named/placeholder. This is NOT a safe spot. You are in a side passage with one wanderer that goes from north to south so you may have immediate aggro, plan accordingly. Once the wanderer is killed you can pull the named to the north. He's a rogue, nothing special.

Camp 5 - Odiumate Isienne
This is a safe spot. There's one wanderer to pull from the south before you can pull odi. Be aware, this is the camp usually referred to as "6-way" or "crossroads". I only pull this camp when I'm absolutely sure it's open, I play in the mornings so it's usually open until the afternoon. The first 4 camps are my primary rotation, this is a bonus only if it's open.

There are other named camps in MPG but the rest usually have 2 other mobs in the room with them and require a FD break/pet pull/mezzing capability. These are the easiest camps to just rotate between and still have 5-10 minutes to get some housework done, watch TV, etc. These are all on 15 minute timers. My group consists of a SK, Enc, Clr, Bard, Mage, and Beastlord.

Looks like a bit of work has been put into this.

Giving you a free week for the moment until others have time to comment.

Projection of Body has 3 named that spawn in a pretty small area. This is where Hunter Leisov can be found as he is the north most named with Cleaver to the SE and Commander to the SW.

Only people that appear down here are those heading for trials typically. You have to go through an Epic 2.0 mob and a couple of see invis so MOST don't even wander that way. Very good Rune drop rate as I managed to fully out fit 24 toons with all their L66-L70 spells at this camp with SEVERAL AA and plenty of plat from selling the Banged up magnet armor pieces.

Also close is a signet mob. there is the V tunnels where Hunter is. at that point there is a hallway..... if you are about 40% down that hallway or so towards that first tunnel turn off you are SAFE as long as your toons don't wander too much to the east. I say this because there is a roamer (huge mob forgot name) that spawns like right on the corner had sometimes runs through the wall at you.... shift north a bit till you are sure you are not gonna aggro him roaming but not too far as 2 lightning guys stand guard of said tunnel. With enough DPS you can EASILY clear all 3 PH's just in time to start the cycle over again.

6-way when I would claim it was always GHIO/ODI/ENCHANTER

Sometimes Bluespark/GHIO was considered a camp.

BH/TF is another common noob camp

Then you have the necro camp

There is also another camp with like 3 names to the SE trial area (been awhile so forgot name and all) but also drops here is Bloodvial whatever charm... sells well and is a nice charm.

I really do like the idea of using MQ2EQBC for warping your bot team around. Could be a very handy idea for some macro.

Moving post from Submit Information for Free Access Forum to EverQuest Guides Forum.

I think we've decided its useful information, we just need to work out how much subscription time its worth now.

Eq box chat just acts as a throughput to send macro commands to your characters. Autobot makes very good use of this and any command that you can /type out will work.

Your Six box crew is almost exactly like mine .. SK, Enc, Clr, Wiz, Mage, and Beastlord... so instead of bard I have Wiz. I can switch out my enchanter with my bard or my Wiz with my Druid. I made my own macro's for each of my characters and my SK is my main screen, I use Hotkeys in group to do everything, /gsay Attack this Mob, Tash this , Buff up now, Pets up , CH Now, Mezz this mob ... its pretty effective for me... and my Favorite button is .. Nuke This Now ... Wiz, Mage, Ench all nuke at the same time... But, I am in need of alot more runes for all toons ... gonna try this .. I been mainly sticking to Hunter.

I have a button that says... Come to me now... and they all warp to me.. and when they are done fighting with a mob they /stick to my cleric and then face my SK as if watching him... pretty cool ...

Nice write up though

I have been 5 boxing MPG for a few days now PAL, CLR, ENCH, RNG, MAG. Pretty relaxing might i add and a break from the norm. Most of the time my group is better then the usual Pick Up group.

I have been using the mage and chanter bot macro's which makes it easy. If i could only find an autobot ranger mac that would snare and autofire or assist and /stick. Not quite sure i trust running a clericbot macro yet.

I run all of my toons on Autobot, if you need any help getting it set up just ask.

i assume autobot is similar to the macro's here.....

1. need to get my casters to sit between casts???
2. need help with ranger macro...can't seem to get it to work right
3. since the ranger and cleric are on the same PC, i just HoT myself so i don't have to really mess with it. can you set the macro to do the same?

OK Honestly i tried eqbc for the first time today and i think i am in love.

This guide is the bomb in 5 hours using this strat i banked:

Glowing Runes: 4
Greater Runes:4
Muramite Runes: 7
Lesser Muramite Runes: 3
Minor Muramite Runes: 3

Duskwalker Cape: 7
Cord of the Dawning Mind: 2
Weblock Chain Leggings: 2
Bloodforge Hammer: 1
Shimmering Feran Hide Leggings: 6
Bloodrunner Belt: 3
Murkglider Skin Cloak: 1

AWESOME write up and thanks finished off runes for chanter and almost the ranger.

Mpg

I started 5 and 6 boxing in here about 3 week's ago
I have not tried autobot, will have to see how hard it is to setup

I pull with 70 mage all end game equiped, with malo line, send in pet, enchanter tash slow, cleric heals pet, necro sends in pet and does does group heals and mana spell druid snares and dots, group regens buffs etc
and have my husbands warrior in there to just plink with arows to get faction hits for doing Tier one armor, and leveling up.

I have all the toons with hot key assist pet attack hot key heals etc but its all semi automatic I have to hit all the buttons on 3 pc's with wineq 2 toons on each machine

I do about 5 camps blue blind I refuse to do Task becuse every time all I ever get is that damn soul imbued ring or what ever and nothing else
I will do tactics camp and split with necro tag with mage pet necro and 6way

I have gotten all the 69 and 70 runes I want for my enchanter, all of my 70's for my druid, 69's for my necro and most of my 70's for cleric still need 2 more for group conv.

I use druid's group AA shared camo and have socials all set up with warp waypoints.

I get alot of PH's but can normly in an afternoon get a few 69 and 70 runes for my group

Have not thought about selling rights for 69 / 70 runes when I finish hmm how would that work do an ooc? or general channel? what would I charge? could be some good money maker there how do you get the money grin

will have to look at auto bot and see how hard it is to setup with pets being tanks etc instead of gorup members

Ash

I usually just send a message to the general irc channel. I sold Glowings for 40k and Greater for 25k. Your server prices may differ. Many people on the channel would say what a lowlife I was for selling no drop items but I always had 3-5 tells asking to buy. I never had to advertise more then once per drop.

Ok now I'm really jealous!!! I'm currently trying to farm runes for my char but unfornately I don't box :(

EQBC and Autobot work together or are they replacements for eacother? If so where would we get these? Since i dont see EQBC plugin in the recent compile?

PS. sorry for the bump, just thought this guide is really useful :)