EQNext

I'm a little worried. If they do a good job, I'll be hopelessly involved. Anyone heard any dates? I heard it will be able to run on almost any system.

I think EQ1 was special because the developers really had no idea what they were doing, and had no idea what worked and what didn't. The players also had no idea what they were doing and pretty much shaped the game.

It was like a perfect mass of dysfunction.

Now everyone just tries to clones WoW, and we get junk.

I'm a little worried. If they do a good job, I'll be hopelessly involved. Anyone heard any dates? I heard it will be able to run on almost any system.

Yeah it will be able to run on any system because the graphics are absolutely horrid. It uses cell shading and the in game screenshots I've seen so far are simply appalling.

It reminds me of paper animation, if you've never seen that basically it looks like each character is a piece of paper and the background is a piece of paper and you just move the paper pieces around to create movement.

So it's EQNext, the Next Flop?

Check.

I knew there was a reason I never tried EQ2...

Admittedly, I never tried WoW either, so yea.

EQ2 blows imo. I like WoW pretty good and EQ as well.

Reminds me of Final Fantasy 9, the screenshots I've seen anyway

FF9 was bitchin !

Seriously tho if it's EQ + Graphics i'll see the rest of you in internet addiction rehab.

I haven't read it first hand, but I heard they were starting anew. I did read that they were trying to "stay true" to eq1. And that the graphics would be scalable. Do you have links to screenshots? I've only seen concept art.

I can't imagine they would reuse the EQ1 engine. But, maybe it works and all the junk they added makes it dysfunctional. I dunno, I just hope they start over.

I bet they'll release the movie and the game close together. The movie had better not be lame. I want something Shannara/LotR style.

Well, I'm not a fan of the cartoony stuff like WoW, but I think I like these graphics. I'll have to see some characters to be sure.

I looked around and all I saw was that those are supposedly screenshots. No one wanted to verify.

Well, I'm not a fan of the cartoony stuff like WoW, but I think I like these graphics. I'll have to see some characters to be sure.

I looked around and all I saw was that those are supposedly screenshots. No one wanted to verify.

One place I read about them said that the developers at E3 when it was announced said they were screenshots. That is where I'm basing it from. Of course that could still be misinformation but who knows.

Either way the game wont be out for at least a year at best, probably 2 years so I'm sure we will learn plenty more before it comes out :)

The way SOE is going with games currently it will suck. They are trying to make it so you spend more money with them to buy perks like you can on facebook style games.

I am all for RMT but to invest so much time into the gimics instead of actual game play is dissapointing to me.

I can't argue either way atm, I've adopted a pretty neutral wait and see then froth at the mouth policy.

The way SOE is going with games currently it will suck. They are trying to make it so you spend more money with them to buy perks like you can on facebook style games.

I am all for RMT but to invest so much time into the gimics instead of actual game play is dissapointing to me.

I was thinking it would be four or five years, but JJ is probably right. I keep trying to have faith that Sony will put time and effort into a game to make money that way, instead of just finding ways to make money.

If this fails, my only other shot and being stuck on an MMO is the bioware star wars game.

Warhammer 40k online, personally the one i'm waiting for as i dont hold much faith in a sony built EQ again

These are in game screenshots not concept art, as hard as that is to believe

http://www.joystiq.com/screenshots/everquest-next-0#/0

That second picture definitely looks like concept art. Doesn't look computer generated at all, it looks drawn.

And if the graphics in the first picture are what it is going to be like throughout the whole game, they're limiting the game to a very few people who have a PC that can tolerate that. There is way too much detail, lighting, etc for a "normal" computer to handle that, imo.