EQEMU - Right Click Spell Mem

expmonk

Reaction score
The ability to right click an empty spell gem to mem spells through the list system has been broken on Project 1999 via spells_us update. Is there any way of getting this feature back via offset perhaps? I believe their server is checking for any alterations in the spell files so simply reverting to previous versions that supported it wont work.

Some sort of response to this would be really appreciated.

this block is something that i've never expirenced i'd suggest you look in your spells_us.txt file and see whats blocking it. as far as using mq2 to re-enable it... i wouldn't know where to start since thats more of a GUI thing and i suck at GUIs -.-

Ya, same reason I did not respond. I have no idea what you talking about. I log into project1999 & right-click mem fine, on any toon.

You have the proper files, the v5 zip from their site? And proper UI files?

What client do you use? They only officially support titanium client working on p1999.

htw

Ya, same reason I did not respond. I have no idea what you talking about. I log into project1999 & right-click mem fine, on any toon.

You have the proper files, the v5 zip from their site? And proper UI files?

What client do you use? They only officially support titanium client working on p1999.

htw

Yes. I have current files. The server no longer even allows you to log in without updated spell files. I am also using the titanium client with standard UI files. Are you loading in with MQ2 up when you try it? I am not using MQ2 on P99 to avoid any issues with being banned. Could that have something to do with why it works for you still?

This is fairly well-known on the server that they broke right click spell memming. At least my guild and RL friends that play here with me all experience the same thing.

I should also note that I refer to individual spell gems not allowing right-click memming. This is not the spell sets function, which still works.

i took another look at this, and trying to find what they did to stop the ability to right click but as you said it doesn't allow you to log on without the right spell file so not sure how to spoof it.... i'll be looking into this as far as i can...

i took another look at this, and trying to find what they did to stop the ability to right click but as you said it doesn't allow you to log on without the right spell file so not sure how to spoof it.... i'll be looking into this as far as i can...

Yeah. I tried using the previous spell files from before it stopped working which makes the server block you from getting in. I've also tried looking through the differences in the data in said files, and it's a bunch of nonsense to me. I've got no idea what any of the numbers mean. I did notice a pattern that every spell ended with a certain combination of identical numbers from the old version, which is taken out from the new version. Sadly, any modification to their new spell file will prevent you from getting on.

I should also note that this HAS GOT TO BE client side. I know this because I played on their beta-test server for the upcoming Kunark release. I never updated to the beta spell file and was still able to right-click mem on the beta server. This was before they were implementing the force of using the new spell files both on beta and on live-P99

they removed the menu categorization data from the spells. What that means is each spell has a menu associated with it.

by removing that data, the menu is empty. MQ2 can't add it back.

they removed the menu categorization data from the spells. What that means is each spell has a menu associated with it.

by removing that data, the menu is empty. MQ2 can't add it back.

Any conceivable way of bypassing the server check on the spell file to use the old data with the categorization intact?