EQ EMU questions

Dealings

Reaction score
Been talking to a friend and he mentioned EMU

Have a few questions

1)Im not clear on the CANT or prefer not to use MQ while playing
a)it seems like there are compiles for it so assuming its same as reg servers, u shouldnt but people can and do (im guessing u can get banned even if making your own server?)

b) are there MQ friendly servers or is it hit or miss and chance a ban for EMU entirely, was reading info on some servers and some had on their site that they allowed use of MQ (so its up to server or EQEMU, confused on that)

c)I get the impression u cant ask some of these questions especially there (ban I think they say for even asking), but saw this thread and hoped that wasnt the case if asked here :D

d)I saw the answer to setting up your own server and playing on it on one machine(was yes), sadly im ignorant in this regard, they mentioned getting a fresh install of windows (Im running vista home), are people partitioning and setting up linux, or 2003+ server OSs on same system?

e)not 100 clear and im reading as much as I can, they want people not to bot (play more than 1 toon per person) but there is info on Bot servers (2 diff meanings of words?), I dont like to solo and even on live servers i normally play a few toons (same machine), is EMU meant for people to go grp and or play soloing classes then, If you had your own server is that still the case, would suck to be the one and only toon there (non soloing class :p)

f) I much rather ask for help here, trust some of u guys :p. than go there, if anyone is very proficient and has time patience to answer some basic stuff Id appreciate it, depending on how in depth maybe consider it a consuling job w appropiate compensation, (im trying to save money by not running several accts so a large charge for this would defeat the purpose)

appreciate the time u took to read this (i know its longish) and if you have any helpful insight I thank you in advance

Last edited:
k, sum of all your questions. MQ2 is not allowed in most of EQ in general what we do is considered "illegal" in the sense we modify game data to give us a unfair advantage. (even though eqemu is technically illegal too thats why i just don't care about using it on any server on eqemu). Use at your comfort level.

with that said, some servers do allow mq2 (i know project eq has a compile that they allow and simi-support) but if your banned from a server like p99 your not banned from project eq or any other server since they are separate (unless a gm from one server bans you on another -.- i know a few servers i've seen that a few times). only reason you'd be banned from eqemu in total is if you become a pain in the ass to someone on eqemu on one of the big servers (IE start using GMKick or GMBan on GMs (i got banned from all of eqemu a few years back because i had a NoBan and NoKick plugin that quickly got nerfed after i was banned lol -.- sucked... but i was a real asshole with it so go figures...).

for your hosting question, i run windows eqemu binarys, on a windows 7 (64x) os emued with vmware (since i run eq on that anyways) and i run linux redhat (yes i know i need to upgrade damet >.<) so just plain ol' windows vista should work fine since it works fine on win7 64x and win xp 32x.

please post if you have anymore questions... i'll try to answer as soon as possible

some servers do allow mq2

I noticed that after scrolling thru diff servers, they vary in what they allow

I dont care to play regular EQ w out MQ2 (dont think most of people here do) I can and have, but nowadays just wait for a compile

Since it sounds like you had some experience (bad or good over at emu servers) maybe you can suggest which servers to stay away from which to check out

1) which one is the most MQ2 friendly to be honest the biggest thing that comes to mind is warp or zone (if a tree falls in an empty forest and then warps to a different location.....) one of my biggest pet peeves about regular EQ is spending 10 min+ trying to get to an area especially alone (no campfire). In some cases they make it sound like its not needed anyways since u can go to the zone u want to go to anyways.

2)Im unclear on the botting thing (you can play 1 toon per person), yet the servers that do allow MQ talk about macros like afcleric etc. Im completely ignorant to the in game bots (sounds like mercs?). I would hate to be like servers here where you load 1 toon in and hit your lfg button to be pissed off for 2 hrs trying to solo meaningless content, so are there servers that allow you to play a box crew: tank healer slower dps or do they give you what u need :D

3)I see the info about diff clients titanium sod and UF, but I think the most content I see is SoD, is there no UF content atm for anyone?

4)I rather not play on a server that is primarily hunting in west freeport, Id like to see higher end content (whats available) but its not gonna work if Id have to raid like on reg servers (4+5 days a week for 5 hrs a nite)I want to see stuff not grind out raids (id do that on live servers if i was had that much time again)

5)I keep hearing God status , GM commands , summoning items, I would love to see stuff that I never saw in game: artifacts, stuff that no longer drops

6) what about nerfs to classes, shakerpage, harmonious arrow, 2 of the most recent ones those nerfs part of EMU?

ok, i'm assuming you've never played on eqemu with the questions your having... eqemu bans all assosiation of mq2, meaning they hate it so no server is allowed to put mq2 in their title, and i don't know who allows what since i run a server and i have every hack disabled for mq2. (since my server doesn't allow it)

as for the rest of the questions, it varys from server to server. you'll need to read their manual and learn the difference between non-ligit, ligit, custom, classic, ect... you can not summon items, god status, or anything like that in eqemu (if anyone did have any of this, i'm pretty sure they would keep it to them selfs like i do with some of my major hacks)

no server is allowed to put mq2 in their title

i ended up reading websites of some of the servers and they are pretty clear on MQ2 (this is what we DO support, etc) hence my confusion on whose making the calls , EMU in general or the servers. They seem to pick and choose plugins they are comfortable with, and though its not on their title it is clear on their web sites.

also I ended up finding a link to something called MQ2EMU, again further confusing me, since on the one hand EMU says no way, then some servers say yes x plugins are allowed and here is a link to some more

Im hoping im not running around in circles wondering about it, here its cut and dry no u arent supposed to, use at your own risk, and here is the compile, stupid hacking=quicker banning, but lets be serious some of us have been playing and using MQ for a while, and sheet im asking this within an MQ site

I would hate to try out EMU and get banned for using stuff ive taken for granted here.

I have my eye on about 3 servers that have informative websites that seem like would be fun to play at, to get my feet wet, and dont have some weird hard on about MQ, have also been looking into experimenting trying out making my own private server (think this is my goal) my own little instanced version of EQ

Also the reason i ask stuff especially here is cause while I understand training some raid (and fucking umpty ammount of people) should get u banned from anywhere, targetting a mob in some remote unpopulated zone or an instance and get banned for it are not the same thing for me. I rather save me and someone else the hassle and not even go there.

k, i use all sorts of active hacks (like the ones we provide here) on most servers i play on, i do end up with bans alot but some times i impress the head GM and end up with a GM possition since i have coding skills that they've never seen before, IE i have a forcezone that gets around the detection since the "kick" packet doesn't do a back up detection and i send the zone packet as if i was ligit zoning (attempting to make this method also for chain zoning but since every server is different it probably won't work except on fully ligit reg servers) but any who, if you do use active hacks, just keep it under the radar. even a simple hack like noencumber can get you banned (if you have 2000000 plat you shouldn't be able to walk >.<)

For what it's worth, I know plenty of people that run full groups on the emu servers. You just have to be careful. The only server I know of that is super active about tracking down and banning MQ2 users is P99 server. The others seem more like Live servers, where if you just Cheat Smarter, you'll be fine.

One of the popular server talks about how u can solo (for the fun of it) anything in game up to raid content, get to see raids that arent even done anymore for the most part on reg servers

things I am curious about is are these servers still able to for example headshot, harmo arrow, think i asked about shakerpage, if so it would appear they have earthshakers, with that said what items are still attainable, sods, what about relic items, thats kinda what id hope to see, in essence stuff you cant see or do anymore even on live servers. pair of dagger augs that were shown around here come to mind

Over the yrs we all have seen nerfs to all classes, chanter charm (1/100th of the dmg and 1/100th of the hp <exageration but u know what i mean>)
Its so intriguing to be able to play w out some of the retarded changes to game (personal opinion)

even a simple hack like noencumber can get you banned (if you have 2000000 plat you shouldn't be able to walk >.<)

not sure when it went live but coins no longer encumber u at all (guess emu some changes go in your favor others against?)