EQ EMU Possiblilitys with Value Editers/PE's?

lightenuf

Reaction score
Ok i was talking with a friend about this and i was testing till server went down due to power problems but anyway i would like to know what are the possibilities of value changeling and packet sending is their ways i can maybe hit faster, harder or maybe stronger DS? or maybe slow their regan to a point of a DOT?:confused: im no master at PE but im a decent value editor so i wanna know what are possibility considering theirs no game hack protection just server controll's alot

Also i would like to know how i go about makeing DOCRACKS

I'm going to start out by suggesting spelling and grammar check. When it hurts me to read a post, I'm less likely to respond helpfully.

theirs no game hack protection just server controll's alot

The server controls ARE hack protection.

As for docracks, you should just have to update the INI with correct values and offsets for EMU. There will probably be some on live that don't work on EMU, and some on EMU that we don't have for live.

My guess is, if you're asking how possible packet hacks are for EMU, you do not have the necessary skills to create them. From what I know, it would be easier to learn on EMU because of the protection on packets on live, but still not something you could just jump right into.

Ok i got this i helped made but i was wondering how i would go about doing other things like this that are extremely helpful

[click]
Description="Click any item no matter what level"
DefaultSetting=on
address0=412572
normal0="7E"
crack0="EB"
address1=4125D7
normal1="75"
crack1="EB"
address2=41259E
normal2="75"
crack2="EB"

Use a tool like IDA Pro to view the eqgame.exe, and find whatever docracks you want.

my first response was "what the fuck", but then I decided not to respond at all..

If you want to write docracks, you need to learn how to read and manipulate code with the x86 assembly language. There are plenty of resources out there.

If you want to update docracks, you need to know how to read assembly to find the proper position in different versions of the same program (eqgame.exe)

IDA is a very useful tool for reverse-engineering / disassembling. I have a licensed copy (shame on you people for pirating such a great piece of software) and always have a copy up with the latest eqgame.exe

It shows you the assembly code for the program in a very clear and readable way that lets you perform analysis and such. Each instruction has an address. People like to call these addresses "offsets".

Docracks are simply just parameters to find and replace segments of code at specific addresses. I could (and have) write a small program using a docrack. The difficulty is knowing how to assemble your own instructions.

well how about i go about doing "docracks" and what are limitations to it

also possible to improve damage shield?

From the questions you are asking, it is obvious to me that you lack the technical knowledge to find docracks or even come close to writing code for packet hacks. There isn't a "Search for crack" button anywhere for you to find. If you want to hack the game, you're going to need to learn some basics, and work your way through it.

Docracks change client side code. You cannot change server-side data with docracks, except where the only check on the serverside change is a clientside check.

The limitations are whatever is controlled entirely by the client for your EMU.

As for the packet stuff... EQEmu is open source, shouldn't be hard at all to figure out what to send to the server. In case you have trouble with that, feel free to take the online training course:

http://www.rofl.name/roflcopter/

kukmuk

Whats best hack that can assist me for faster killing or stronger gameplay

Try using MQ2Learning.

Honestly, there is no uber insta-win hack. MQ2 enhances gameplay. It wasn't written to remove every challenge from the game.

Especially on the EMU, support is limited. If you want new hacks, you're going to have to find them yourself. The only way that's going to happen is if you learn from the ground up. You're not going to just wake up one morning and magically create some leet insta-win hack.

Docracks are a much easier way to start than packet hacks. For docracks, I'd recommend you start with some basic knowledge of offsets. Then, look through the live eqgame.exe with the live docrack INI, to get a feel for how they work. From there, you could start looking for similar cracks in the EMU client.

Since the source for EMU is freely available for download, other more active hacks would be much easier, but still out of your reach with your current programming skills.