RoF2 MQ2 Emu

crickety

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I know I posted the other day about getting a working version of mq2 for RoF2 the client currently downloadable from steam. I would still like to see this happen after doing some reading on eqemu site, it seems a lot of the servers have enabled this client.

The people on the project have stated that the RoF and RoF2 clients are a heck of a lot less memory intensive that UF and before versions.

I would say that any client earlier than RoF2 now is not really possible to get. I have done some searching on the web and every link that I came across to download earlier clients(UF, HoT, RoF) except for titanium stalled out.

Can you please look at the amount of people that are using the earlier clients, and way that with the ability to get them. Which is low... I would say very low... and if it is viable to keep the versions for those earlier of mq2, I would think you could trim one, two, maybe upwards to 3 to 4 of these versions... but that is just my thinking...

Plus! People who aren't using RoF+ are crazy... click from bags, bigger bags, not having to use augment birdbaths, amogst other benefits... I would encourage them to upgrade as soon as possible, negating coverage for the earlier versions (except for Titanium, see reasoning below) would point people into the right direction of upgrading sooner than later...

Titanium plus RoF+ plus clients (maybe UF also) are really all that should be covered, as they are the most valid versions to be covered. It would be silly for someone not to upgrade to RoF+ unless they are only using a titanium client only server...

Thanks for reading! :cool:

I can, but you might be under a wrong impression.

E.g., for Titanium, SOF, SOD, I have very few clients, but it doesn't matter - there is zero maintenance involved with those clients, because if someone can get them, all good - if not, it doesn't matter.

In general, the same goes for UF and ROF, but there "might" be a problem report or crash report on those, compared to earlier versions that that's almost never going to be the case.

Either way, it would only mean some kind of plugin fix, very simple, not like some entire adventure.

Doing ROF2 (or any other version) means doing the entire loader support, server support, patch support, and fix support, for that version, as none of that is in place when the client comes out.

It's really annoying how the EMU people seem to think that newer client vs live is better - it's not! Get something stable and keep with it, I mean JHC, if Tit, or SOF, SOD... whatever, works good, who gives a shit? Not like EMU is "exhausting" content on UF and earlier, so who cares?

Plenty of torrents out there for the other ones, as opposed to doing "steam" which is going to keep changing, please, quit being stupid!

At any rate, I may still push one for that client, but it's not going to happen only because of "steam". Sorry.

htw

I can, but you might be under a wrong impression.

E.g., for Titanium, SOF, SOD, I have very few clients, but it doesn't matter - there is zero maintenance involved with those clients, because if someone can get them, all good - if not, it doesn't matter.

In general, the same goes for UF and ROF, but there "might" be a problem report or crash report on those, compared to earlier versions that that's almost never going to be the case.

Either way, it would only mean some kind of plugin fix, very simple, not like some entire adventure.

Doing ROF2 (or any other version) means doing the entire loader support, server support, patch support, and fix support, for that version, as none of that is in place when the client comes out.

It's really annoying how the EMU people seem to think that newer client vs live is better - it's not! Get something stable and keep with it, I mean JHC, if Tit, or SOF, SOD... whatever, works good, who gives a shit? Not like EMU is "exhausting" content on UF and earlier, so who cares?

Plenty of torrents out there for the other ones, as opposed to doing "steam" which is going to keep changing, please, quit being stupid!

At any rate, I may still push one for that client, but it's not going to happen only because of "steam". Sorry.

htw

Okay, maybe you did not read my entire post... I am not pushing for this just because of "Steam". As for torrents out there, I spent a few hours out there last night looking for a torrent download that actually worked for something other than titanium... no such luck. That maybe because I am not willing to pay to join a torrent site, so I am just finding the "free" downloads...

There is another site that builds mq2 for emu and over almost 35% of the people are now using the his RoF2 client...

I already am using the UF version, I will keep using this until there is a version for RoF2...

Don't be an ass, I am just trying to state a case as to why I think it would be vaild... I am not being "stupid" as you say... You are also stating why it is not something that you are really all that crazy about doing. I see your view point... try seeing mine...

I am just asking you if your willing to do this or not..*shrug*

I could careless if you make a version for RoF2 or not... Well, maybe, this is not quite right... I do care, I would like it, but its not the end of the world if you don't.. I am fine playing with UF version that I have used so far, the next would just be a step up for me.

That is my bad, on re-reading what I wrote, sounded like I was calling YOU stupid - lol. Not the case, it was just an off the wall thought that what seems to happen is once someone gets it from steam, they keep letting it update. If you thought I was calling you names, I apologize, I assure you I wasn't.

Also, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I won't do this, I was just playing devil's advocate. I just wanted to be clear that with as little ROI as we get on it, my time is generally better used on other stuff. However, again, I am not saying I won't - I am sure I will, in fact, it's just a matter of how soon I can get it done.

Again, sorry man, I was speaking of general pop - since I know you use UF from us, hopefully you will see there's no way I meant you in that comment.

I'll keep you up to date on it - I already put the conditionals in loader, just need to deal with server, set myself up a test EQ (from steam release), and stuff like that. I'll review project list today see if it's not possible to squeeze it in earlier.

htw

Moved it up priorities, spent today completing it. It's in the download links. Let me know if any issues.

http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...ator-clients-download-links-instructions.html

Thanks for the apology, which wasn't really needed.

I probably read to far into things myself... gave you a little nudge via paypal for doing this so fast. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be a big headache for you. I do genuinely appreciate it, as I was hoping to move up to RoF client sooner or later... sooner it looks to be :)