Question EoK t2 vs 1 and wurmslayer raid drop

derekthom

Lifetimer
Reaction score
How hard are t2 named vs t1? Have warrior in a full set of visible t1 minus bp, with a merc healer... would he be able to tank any named in t2?

Last edited:
the wurmslayer upgrade is a rare drop in raids no ones going to be selling those for awhile if ever =P

That weapon even worth getting? Its 40 delay....?

Even as knight that seems like a very long delay at 4 sec delay between rounds?

ok thanks barney, didnt realise it was a rare drop, ill scratch that question then

That weapon even worth getting? Its 40 delay....?

Even as knight that seems like a very long delay at 4 sec delay between rounds?

Its all about the effect thats on 100% of the time. I almost never even get hit now with my SK using this.

Ya Wurmslayer's effect is simply godly. If you are tanking, there is zero reason to be using anything else....It is a flat 1750 blocked off of any hits you take. No other single item is this powerful for its effect as change.

Higher delay weapons for a tank is better for tanking. So long as they can keep agro, I'm not really looking for the warrior to do DPS. But it's 302dmg 40delay, which is actually right in line with damage ratio of the more standard 1 handers a tank may use. Parse it out, I'd bet wurmslayer DPS is very comparable to any group 1 hander a warrior can use and with the 40dly , you'll get less riposte damage and less damage from damage shields.

I use it on my warrior and love it, but my SK is running with the TDS ultra-rare weapon and the delay on it is just too good to swap to the wurmslayer. I get that the effect is powerful, but I also like my group tank (SK) to push some damage output in order to shorten fights.

Id suggest running some parses and checking it Sum. I know my warrior dual wielding the Wurmslayer and fear piercer is pushing sustained 70k+ range and need to run a parse with Wurmslayer/shield

Wurm+bridge keepers memory best group tank items in game,warrior sustained for me ranges from 80-90k but that's with bard overhaste.

You simply can't beat wurmslayer with rune proc for tank weapon.

Wurmslayer is not a rune proc per se, it goes to the song window and is a pseudo worn effect meaning it is ALWAYS on.

Wurmslayer is not a rune proc per se, it goes to the song window and is a pseudo worn effect meaning it is ALWAYS on.

I think he meant with the rune proc aug from TDS.

Whats the rune proc aug called?: confused:

Energizing Attachment

Caverns of Endless Song

Cha`nya Athendi for 680 Piece of Eight

Energizing Attachment - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

this aug intrigues me, thanks for the link, i will definitely look into picking this one up, right now i just have the one from the level 100 vendor in karana... as a side note i know that rune used to be a very serious aggro proc, is that still the case? seems to be quite lacking in current content when the new warrior weapons are proccing at a minimum 8000 hate

What do you guys think of the group version of the Wurmslayer compared to the Warrior EoK rare 1hs Bloodlaced Blade?

Honed Wurmslayer :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM

vs

Bloodlaced Blade :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM

Scratching my head at it as it looks like the EoK warrior rare is only slightly better for DPS, however even the group version of the wurmslayer is much better for tanking. I'd be losing 32ac and a constant -1750dmg on all hits to gain slightly better DPS, 1000ish hitpoints and admittedly a really solid single target agro. Not mention the tank will be swinging faster because of lower delay, so taking more riposte and damage shield damage while only doing slightly better DPS because of a much lower dmg rating.

Thinking DB got the Bloodlaced Blade wrong, it should be much better than it is as I am better off using an easy to get Wurmslayer. Or am I missing something?

Looking at the Pali/SK 1has Skybreaker :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM , I could actually see that being worth using over the Wurmslayer.

Wurmslayer is better aslong as the effect is worm.

Yes the Wurmslayer gives a perm buff when equiped, in the song window.

Wurmslayer's guard

protects you from 100% of incoming melee damage up to 1750 per hit.
slot 14 mitigate melee damage by 100%