Empire of Kunark rares....

Its not hard =)

Pull large train, DPS kills it. around 5 mobs bard goes out to find more. Most of the time the bard is manual for pulls because of the large quantity.

I agree respawn is a pain which is why the long distance pulling and pretty much pulling when it is not prime time. Zone is pretty much empty with maybe 1 or 2 groups there.

on 3 servers I have 3 exp groups scattered within the zone to get coverage

i only run 1 group on 1 server too so that explains a lot of the deal

I'm running two groups and pretty much have a zone to myself, although it's a T2 zone. Been staying very conservative on pulls to avoid any possibility of a wipe, because occasionally when my puller tags a mob, he runs in the wrong direction and pulls a train or dies, so I recorded paths to minimize the train size or the chance of the puller dying. No doubt my kill rate is slow compared to many here, even with two groups and I haven't started 24/7 camping till recently when I was actually able to start a pickzone and feel comfortable with it. But about 2 or 3 days now of 24/7 killing at @22 mobs per 18min and zero rares. Lots of the 35% purity and stat augs though.

I've geared up 7 toons in mostly T1 some T2 gear and don't even know how many thousands of aa's and I haven't seen 1 rare LOL

Its not hard =)

Pull large train, DPS kills it. around 5 mobs bard goes out to find more. Most of the time the bard is manual for pulls because of the large quantity.

I agree respawn is a pain which is why the long distance pulling and pretty much pulling when it is not prime time. Zone is pretty much empty with maybe 1 or 2 groups there.

on 3 servers I have 3 exp groups scattered within the zone to get coverage

If its multiple groups sure 360 mobs an hr is easy but even if you do manage that kill rate the drop rate doesnt add up there is no possible way you're getting 3 + a day consistently. You would of gotten 100 + rare drops at that rate.

Anyone get a rare in a pickzone? Been killing 24hrs a day for 5 days or so and pretty sure I am over 9000 mobs killed and nada. I realize 9000 or any amount doesn't mean I will see a rare, but just trying to confirm that they do actually drop in pickzones.

Ive had 4 drop. 1 in Draga, 1 in Korsha Lab, 1 in scorched and the last one in Chardok. All dropped while camping named.

I've gotten 3 35 purity augs and one Skyripper. I could see the spider holding it when I pulled it and was like WTF is that. Sold it for 5m pp 5 minutes later.

Ok. I know I'm a bit slow sometimes but what is a pickzone?

I'm sure this has been fixed now, because of the restrictions they seem to have added as to what drops a chase item.

But when the CotF expansion was current, there was level 50ish npc you could kill every 10-15 mins, easy to do by planting a mage pet next to it and going afk until server came down.

Another one was there was a HA that spawned some type of objects over and over, all you had to do was kill them with a level 75 standing next to where they spawned. It was the HA where the objects floated down the river, can't remember the name of the top of my head.

A 3rd one, was a HA a where you clicked a plant, and it spawned like 15ish gnats or worms with very low hp. You just had to keep re-getting the instance, the plants where at zone in to the instance so wasn't much of a run around, just get the task over and over (this is the one I used to level to 105 in one day when TDS released).

Last edited: