Empire of Kunark rares....

Sad to say I wouldnt even call it rares. These so called rares are dropping like crazy and the market is flooded with it

haven't seen 1 drop yet...so yeah rare is what i'll call em lol

Ditto with what Crippie said. Have re-maxxed 6 toons and haven't seen a single one thus far in multiple zones/camps used.

Sad to say I wouldnt even call it rares. These so called rares are dropping like crazy and the market is flooded with it

I would not count on the first month of expansion release to be an indication of how rare these will be.

Plus, I have been killing a crap ton of mobs and only got that one drop.

idk look at the marketplace here and that other site you dont see many of them.

Haven't seen a single one yet. But I've only been playing in expansion last 2 days too. The drop rate is ~1/100,000 in case anyone was wondering. And that is if you get lucky on RNG.

there should be 18 chances to roll the drop table in 100000 rolls. The drop table has so many items on it that any particular item then only has a 1-2% chance of dropping (if the 18/100000 roll hits SOMETHING is going to drop from the table)

someone explained these
clear.png

Last edited:
I guess i'm getting lucky. i'm pulling out 2 or 3 a day

Haven't seen a single one yet. But I've only been playing in expansion last 2 days too. The drop rate is ~1/100,000 in case anyone was wondering. And that is if you get lucky on RNG.

there should be 18 chances to roll the drop table in 100000 rolls. The drop table has so many items on it that any particular item then only has a 1-2% chance of dropping (if the 18/100000 roll hits SOMETHING is going to drop from the table)

someone explained these
clear.png

Wouldn't it be 18/100000 not 1/100000 drop rate ? There is an old post of them saying around 1/5000 for TDS/COTF rares and the Ancient cloak was what 1/1000 ?

Maybe im reading what ngreth is saying wrong. Out of 100,000 rolls(kills) you have 18 chances to roll for that table so wouldn't that be 1 in every 5555 rolls(kills) ?

I guess i'm getting lucky. i'm pulling out 2 or 3 a day

I think you're having an extraordinary run of luck, then. I've been killing since the expansion went live and have pulled two of the +35 purity augs and that's it.

someone explained these
clear.png

Wouldn't it be 18/100000 not 1/100000 drop rate ? There is an old post of them saying around 1/5000 for TDS/COTF rares and the Ancient cloak was what 1/1000 ?

Maybe im reading what ngreth is saying wrong. Out of 100,000 rolls(kills) you have 18 chances to roll for that table so wouldn't that be 1 in every 5555 rolls(kills) ?

For some reason, I was thinking he meant there is a drop table, we'll call it drop Table 4 (the last drop table to get checked), and that Table gets checked 18 out of 100,000 times.

Once the check for the Table 4 drop is true, there is still a a chance the rare item from that table will have a 1-2% chance of dropping because there are so many item son that Table.

He's so vague its hard to tell, but that's how I read it.

By the way if you want to figure out which Table certain items are you can check by actually bending down and looting them and see which loot slot they drop in.

I am 100% sure, Scale Ore and Stone of Tranquility are on the same tables as rares, at least that was the case for CotF ones.

someone explained these
clear.png

For some reason, I was thinking he meant there is a drop table, we'll call it drop Table 4 (the last drop table to get checked), and that Table gets checked 18 out of 100,000 times.

Once the check for the Table 4 drop is true, there is still a a chance the rare item from that table will have a 1-2% chance of dropping because there are so many item son that Table.

He's so vague its hard to tell, but that's how I read it.

By the way if you want to figure out which Table certain items are you can check by actually bending down and looting them and see which loot slot they drop in.

I am 100% sure, Scale Ore and Stone of Tranquility are on the same tables as rares, at least that was the case for CotF ones.

Im not sure they're on the same table. I get WAY too many stone of tranquility's maybe 4-5 a day and scale ores for them to be if it was only 18/100,000 for them.

yeah not stone of tranquility...got literally hundreds of those,

Last edited:
ive pulled a monk bst weapon so far a charm and a neck from t1 trash

So far only 2 rares if you don't count the 35% aug as a rare (seems pretty common actually, have one in every slot on my warrior now). Haven't really played as much as usual and still just gearing up all toons before I look into setting up my army to farm rares.

Still no idea if this can drop in an HA/instance??? I got both of mine in Chardok while camping nameds, but would love to know if any of you have had one drop or heard of one dropping in an HA/instance?

I've looted two so far, and both were in T1 zones off trash mobs. I was doing a lot of AFK killing to PL AA's, so the fact that I've only seen two is telling. I was pulling in one or two every few days in CoTF... not so much in EoK.

i have looted 20 so far this expac but on a dry run for last 3 day's but since launch i have looted 100 of the purity augs

Last edited:
honestly i've geared up a few characters already with rares. Sold about 30 of them between servers.

If you are only got a few since expansion you either are not pulling enough or your slow killing your mobs. I'm pulling trains of mobs (12's) every 2 min for 14+ hours a day and i'm getting atleast 3 rares a day

honestly i've geared up a few characters already with rares. Sold about 30 of them between servers.

If you are only got a few since expansion you either are not pulling enough or your slow killing your mobs. I'm pulling trains of mobs (12's) every 2 min for 14+ hours a day and i'm getting atleast 3 rares a day

dont believe that for one second. The kind of dps you would need to kill 360 mobs an hour let alone the respawn rate to do it. There is nothing in EOK that respawns that fast in one spot without moving or pulling from a long distance which would lower your kill rate. Not to mention even at 360 an hr you wouldn't see 3 a day even at 24 hrs a day i guarantee you're not seeing 3 a day just because you got 3 in one day doesn't mean you're getting it every day.