Double SC Friday... wonder if Walmart bonus doubles?

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I used to keep some Walmart bonus cards around---unscratched---for deals like this but Sony hasn't done a Double SC promo in a LONG time. They used to double the Walmart card's 500 extra SC bonus so you'd get 4000 SC for $15, nearly triple! Guess I have to hit a Walmart on the Craziest Shopping Day of the Year and test it out!

Being in a Walmart on Black Friday elbow-to-elbow with armies of sweaty moms pushing carts full of crap with swarms of kids hanging around them... Holiday Joy! :eek:

Muhahahahaha...

I just found 8 unscratched cards in the bottom of my Everquest "drawer"! Man, I can't believe I forgot about them. But back then they did a Triple SC promo every so often and I was just waiting on the next one and it's been a long time...

Does Walmart even sell the 1500+500 cards anymore? Last I checked it was just the 1500 SC cards, when I went by my local Walmart. I was under the impression SOE stopped making those exclusive extra +500 added cards.

Walmart.com still lists them with the 500SC bonus and it shows 3 Walmart stores with the cards in stock within 5 miles of my domicile.

So the short answer is Y!

This was always the best way to get those BIG BIG BAGS at a non-extortionist price! Pile up the SC during the SC promo and hunker down waiting till the next BIG BAG promo.

Walmart.com still lists them with the 500SC bonus and it shows 3 Walmart stores with the cards in stock within 5 miles of my domicile.

So the short answer is Y!

Where are you seeing them on walmart.com with 500SC bonus? I only see the standard 1500SC cards. Nevermind, i see, the store only cards are with 500 bonus, not the email delivery ones. Thanks Siege.

Last edited:
If you don't need the SC for anything real soon, keep in mind they run the $5 off GameStop cards very often, about once every 4-5 months, which is a better deal.

GameStop:
$5 off = 150 SC/ $1 spent

Walmart:
$15.00 per 2000 SC=133 SC/ $1 spent

I bought a couple cards at Walmart recently.
They were marked 1500 with no bonus.
When I cashed them in last week, "DOH!", they claimed as 1500+500.
I can't guarantee that hasn't changed but it still worked a week ago even though the cards were not marked as such.

Having said that though all my local Walmarts have pulled the cards from the shelves about 2 months ago. I had to drive to another part of the state for something else and stopped at Walmart and bought a couple while I was there.
I haven't a clue why no Walmart within 50 miles sells them anymore.

In my experience Walmart can be terrible about keeping these in stock---incredible when you consider it's a $15 sale, a tiny item easy to stock and it can't be stolen since it has to be activated at the register.

Re Gamestop, in my experience they're even worse. The last time they offered the $5 off deal I hit all 4 Gamestops within 10mi of my home and not only were they out of stock the clerks were clueless about their existence.

Walmart clerks are clueless too, of course. I always bring an expired card with me since one picture is worth a million words especially with these guys. Then I just point and grunt, and they grunt and point at an aisle and communication is complete! :rolleyes:

Seeing how Walmart is considered the "greatest" retailer on Earth, as a businessman, I marvel at the ineptitude of some of their employees and the incompetence of how they handle keeping an item like this in stock. I've also had their website tell me certain stores had "x" in stock and when I get there, they're not only sold out but the clerk says they haven't had them in weeks. What's the point of purporting to maintain RT inventory status on a website and then have it not work at all?

To confirm when my local Walmart was opening on Black Friday I went to their Facebook page. Boy, you do have to give Walmart a certain amount of credit for enabling reviews on Facebook. The customer reviews of this store are BRUTAL, particularly about customer service and returns. Of course, anyone making a return at Walmart is going to be aggravated. I think working that desk is punishment duty for clerks who have committed a rules violation.

Long story made short: I absolutely DETEST shopping at Walmart and the only reason I go there ever is to buy SC cards. If Gamestop did stock them locally I'd never have to cross a Walmart threshold ever again. Oh joy!

Last edited:
Visited 4 Walmarts, got 1 card.

One of the 4 Walmarts had ANY cards and all but 1 they had in stock did NOT offer the 500SC bonus.

The other 3 Walmarts didn't even have a rack barcode label for this product. Which means they don't carry it, or at least didn't at this time. Predictably, not one clerk, and I checked with several, even recognized the used card I brought in with me for visul reference.

Not a good sign for the future!

Anyone else find a supply of Station cards at Walmart which included the 500SC bonus?

I did buy a second card without the stated bonus to test what bt54 said above. When I entered the code I just got the 3000 SC, which is double without any bonus.

Last edited:
the new SOE Wal-Mart cards don't say +500 SC on them but when you go to claim them they still are

There are 7 Walmarts within a 15 mile radius of me and 20 within a 30 mile radius( I haven't been to all of them, but I was curious so I just googled it.)
I have however visited the 7 Yesterday( my wife has no license so I have to drive to every freaking Sale location on Black Friday and Thursday(SUCKS).

I had my eyes open for the old cards at every Walmart... NOTHING..

They have a Landmark card that has the little bonus box, but its for an item and i think it was some currency( nothing that can be used in EQ.

They do have Everquest/EQ2/ PS cards, but they were a different one with black and red and no bonus.. I think the bonus card is gone forever...

The last time I was on WM.com though, and it was within the last 2 months... For the sake of curiosity I tried to see if I could order the cards....
They had them in stock at all the stores around me , but could only buy them in stores.

Now i don't see them on the site

They do have Everquest/EQ2/ PS cards, but they were a different one with black and red and no bonus.. I think the bonus card is gone forever...

Now i don't see them on the site

I just purchased and claimed 2 yesterday and each gave me 4k SC even tho they don't say there is a +500SC on it they still are. I didn't think so at first until a few months ago when I saw the new ones and bought it just to check and they still are for sure

I got 5 cards yesterday. None said anything about the bonus but I got it on all 5. It's still there just the cards are now printed differently.

Damn, wish I had known this. I passed on 8 cards.

The one I did use which only gave me 3000, I don't know what the deal was with that. It doesn't say anything about 500SC bonus, nor does it say Walmart or even Gamestop. I know I bought it in a Walmart. Weird...

Oh well, DOUBLE SC is over so have to wait till next time and that might be a long while.

Damn, wish I had known this. I passed on 8 cards.

The one I did use which only gave me 3000, I don't know what the deal was with that. It doesn't say anything about 500SC bonus, nor does it say Walmart or even Gamestop. I know I bought it in a Walmart. Weird...

Oh well, DOUBLE SC is over so have to wait till next time and that might be a long while.

I wouldn't worry about it to much. Besides, the Gamestop at $10 is a better deal.

Also you have to factor in all that gas and time running around searching for cards at different Walmarts/Gamestop.

Also, wtf do you guys buy with SC anyways. I only buy server transfer tokens, merc slot unlocks, and craftsman potions. Besides that there is nothing in marketplace worth buying for me.

I had quite a few cards lying around from 2 years ago, finally claimed some of them, kept holding out for triple SC weekend, but the last double was over a year ago, so triple seems unlikely anytime soon.

I buy anything I think is cool for my alt guilds palatial guild hall. and players studio robes and house items

and also buy hero's forge for most of the boxes and heroic character tokens for each account incase I ever get bored and want to make a new toon

Big bags when available (can never have too many

Craftsman potions (I have toons maxed in all tradeskills, can make real good plat with the right crafts)

Expedient delivery vouchers (love 'em, cuz I'm lazy and they provide INSTANT gratification lol)

Mercenary slots

Character slots

Perfected augmentation distiller (altho can buy these with loyalty tokens too, and that's a currency that there's almost nothing to buy for, outside of bags of plat)

Heroic characters, altho I got enough toons of my own so this is only if I ever feel like fooling around with a new toon, prolly on a new server

Potion of companion's amnesia (helps a lot when you have multiple pets and mercs to be able to give them names that tie them to their summoner)

The above I've bought from time to time. There are also guild hall décor items, XP pots (for the day I run out of my supply of Dusty pots) LON packs, housing items, ornaments for when you want a change of appearance, and more.

None of it is essential, except perhaps for me big bags and delivery vouchers but they're useful and fun and when you buy them at less than half-price, yeah it's worth the cost of gas to find them. LOL I write off my time as "leisure" since, yeah, if I factored in my working rate, then I'd be an idiot to drive around to Walmarts just to save a few bucks.