DoCrackWnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackerBacker

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is this ever going to be fixed in the compiles? Don't tell me to paste the xml's etc i've done that and that don't fix it, it worked up until the last couple compiles or so , so the problem is in the compile itself, i haven't changed anything in my ui's, this has been asked a few times, why is it not being fixed?

If i can get all the source codes used in the compiles, i can compile it, and see about fixing this, or try using these files and see if that fixes it in your compiles, this needs to be done by fry or whoever does the compiles here

http://www.redguides.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43
http://www.redguides.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70

43 is the docrackzip, that is what needs compiling
70 is the files that go into your ui folder

go into a dos prompt and type "cd \{mq2path}"
now type mkplugin docrack. you'll see a spew of lines and the new plugin name will be mq2docrack.
paste what is in the .zip file into this folder (yes to replacing items)
After this is done, you can build it. and close down the solution
Extract the MQUI_DoCrackWnd.zip to your ui folder (make sure its not the default folder or the equi.xml will be overwritten)

I edited my ui files, copied the xmls etc and the docrackwindow still does not show for me, even when I am using the new compile. It's not you.

hackersacker said:
Is this ever going to be fixed in the compiles? Don't tell me to paste the xml's etc i've done that and that don't fix it, it worked up until the last couple compiles or so , so the problem is in the compile itself, i haven't changed anything in my ui's, this has been asked a few times, why is it not being fixed?

It's not fixed because we can't find the problem. I have been unable to duplicate the problem here. I deleted all my UI's, repatched so I have the latest DEFAULT UI. Downloaded the latest compile, unzipped it. Ran MQ2. Loaded EQ, and the DoCrack window worked just fine. At one point, I managed to make it come up with that problem, but copying the XML file to the DEFAULT folder fixed that problem.

We dedicate alot of our time and effort trying to keep everything working, and now with all the GPL and DMCA issues that have been floating around, it's taking up even more of our time. The first reply after the new compile was posted said that the DoCrack window worked. Intermittent problems like that are very hard to find. The new compile does have alot of changes to the way it's coded, and that's mainly due to the GPL requirements.

hackersacker said:
If i can get all the source codes used in the compiles, i can compile it, and see about fixing this.

If you downloaded the lastest compile, you should have seen the link RIGHT below it contains the complete source code. If you fix it, I would hope you would be willing to share your findings with others who might have this problem.
[ame="http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2932"]Latest Compile with Source[/ame]

Psycotic said:
It's not fixed because we can't find the problem. I have been unable to duplicate the problem here. I deleted all my UI's, repatched so I have the latest DEFAULT UI. Downloaded the latest compile, unzipped it. Ran MQ2. Loaded EQ, and the DoCrack window worked just fine. At one point, I managed to make it come up with that problem, but copying the XML file to the DEFAULT folder fixed that problem.

We dedicate alot of our time and effort trying to keep everything working, and now with all the GPL and DMCA issues that have been floating around, it's taking up even more of our time. The first reply after the new compile was posted said that the DoCrack window worked. Intermittent problems like that are very hard to find. The new compile does have alot of changes to the way it's coded, and that's mainly due to the GPL requirements.

If you downloaded the lastest compile, you should have seen the link RIGHT below it contains the complete source code. If you fix it, I would hope you would be willing to share your findings with others who might have this problem.
Latest Compile with Source

if i fix it i will post here for all who need

Psycotic said:

Latest Compile with Source

Works fine for me, but I use a mixed combination of UI's including MQ2Krust. The major thing I do though to fix that annoying message about UI's is I make a CLEAN UI DIR. Copy DEFAULT into it, then move over the parts I like from MQ2Krust, and the other ones, then /loadskin each time to test it. Slowly I find that certain ones have been updated or are out of date that I use, so I just replace them with default. My UI has survived! I will post a picture later.
But I have docrackwnd working fine, and have since day one.

It trully is a UI problem more than any thing. It works, but you need to fix your UI's.

for those having a problem, after checking the code in the source, and not seeing anything particularly wrong i tried this and it worked for me.

type /docrackwnd off
then type /docrackwnd on

that solved my problem and i'm guessing it will do the same for others as long as you have the xml's etc in the right folders

docrackwnd is the bane of the devil. I'd love to try and work out a way to get something similar to the UI window without having to do all that EQ UI file editing.

We've never been able to work out a solultion that would make everyone happy though.

Fry.

That off then back on worked for me, now its working great, thanks much.

I modifed mine a long time ago, to use MQ's functions to handle the xml, instead of any kind of manual EQUI.xml/MQUI.xml edits. I also found it annoying that most people use a version that does not remember the window state, or does not show the proper crack status at first load (for any cracks with DefaultSetting="on").

Here is the .xml file, place it in your uifiles\default folder (you don't need it in any of your custom UI folders, just the default... and no, Sony is not scanning for extra files to see what they are, if in doubt run a filemon/close MQ/run EQ to test):

MQUI_DoCrackWnd.xml

Code:
<?xml version = "1.0"?> 
<XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage"> 
   <Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/> 

<Listbox item = "DC_CrackList"> 
      <ScreenID>DC_CrackList</ScreenID> 
      <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> 
      <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> 
      <TopAnchorOffset>2</TopAnchorOffset> 
      <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> 
      <RightAnchorOffset>2</RightAnchorOffset> 
      <BottomAnchorOffset>24</BottomAnchorOffset> 
      <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> 
      <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> 
      <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop> 
      <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> 

<DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate> 
      <TooltipReference>Crack List</TooltipReference> 
      <TextColor> 
            <R>255</R> 
            <G>255</G> 
            <B>255</B> 
      </TextColor> 
      <Columns> 
         <Width>150</Width> 
      </Columns> 
      <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> 
      <Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll> 
   </Listbox> 

<Button item = "DC_LoadButton"> 
      <ScreenID>DC_LoadButton</ScreenID> 
      <Font>1</Font> 
      <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> 
      <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> 
      <TopAnchorOffset>24</TopAnchorOffset> 
      <LeftAnchorOffset>2</LeftAnchorOffset> 
      <RightAnchorOffset>2</RightAnchorOffset> 
      <BottomAnchorOffset>2</BottomAnchorOffset> 
      <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> 
      <TopAnchorToBottom>false</TopAnchorToBottom> 
      <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> 
      <TopAnchorToTop>false</TopAnchorToTop> 
      <BottomAnchorToBottom>true</BottomAnchorToBottom> 
      <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft> 
      <RightAnchorToRight>false</RightAnchorToRight> 
      <LeftAnchorToRight>false</LeftAnchorToRight> 

<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> 
      <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> 
      <Text>Load INI</Text> 
      <TextColor> 
         <R>10</R> 
         <G>255</G> 
         <B>10</B> 
      </TextColor> 
      <ButtonDrawTemplate> 
         <Normal>A_BtnNormal</Normal> 
         <Pressed>A_BtnPressed</Pressed> 
         <Flyby>A_BtnFlyby</Flyby> 
         <Disabled>A_BtnDisabled</Disabled> 
         <PressedFlyby>A_BtnPressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> 
      </ButtonDrawTemplate> 
   </Button> 

<Screen item = "DoCrackWnd"> 
      <RelativePosition>false</RelativePosition> 
      <Location> 
         <X>280</X> 
         <Y>280</Y> 
      </Location> 
      <Size> 
         <CX>280</CX> 
         <CY>130</CY> 
      </Size> 
      <Text>MQ2DoCrack</Text> 
      <Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll> 
      <Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll> 
      <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> 
      <DrawTemplate>WDT_Def</DrawTemplate> 
      <Style_Titlebar>true</Style_Titlebar> 
      <Style_Closebox>true</Style_Closebox> 
      <Style_Minimizebox>true</Style_Minimizebox> 
      <Style_Border>true</Style_Border> 
      <Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable> 
      <Pieces>DC_CrackList</Pieces> 
      <Pieces>DC_LoadButton</Pieces> 
   </Screen> 

</XML>

1) If you're in game, make sure the plugin is unloaded (/plugin mq2docrack unload)
2) Copy the attached .dll to your MQ2 directory
3) Copy/paste the coded .xml to MQUI_DoCrackWnd.xml in your uifiles\default directory, or download the one attached and copy it there.
4) In game, load the plugin (/plugin mq2docrack)
5) Reload your skin.
6) If the window is not showing, use /docrackwnd (state will be remembered between sessions).

If you're not in game at the time, just copy the files over, and load plugin in game or edit your macroquest.ini and add it before running.

If anyone wants the source let me know, no problem at all.

Attachments

• MQ2DoCrack.dll
    220 KB · Views: 8
  • MQUI_DoCrackWnd.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I figured out my problem and fixed it. I'll post my copy of the docrackwnd.xml along with my post here. And as a word of advice hackersacker, your post sounded a bit offensive and hateful due to not being patient. Instead of telling everyone not to suggest something that normally fixes the problem, you should just let them suggest it, try it, and if it doesn't work, then post a reply telling them that it didn't work and another solution would be found. Below you'll fine the copy of the docrackwnd that I'm using, copy and paste that into both your custom UI file as well as your default UI file. If that doesn't fix it then it is your UI that is messed up. Also make sure you edit your equi.xml file and add the line
<Include>MQ_Docrackwnd.xml</include> at the bottom of the list of included things. Don't try to add it to the equi.xml in your default UI folder, won't matter as EQ will repatch that one. Just add it to the one in your custom UI folder.

Attachments

• MQUI_DoCrackWnd.xml
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.