DoCrack question

einsteins

Reaction score
Hi all

after a year I am still a rookie non boxing user...

In DoCrack I set up the option that I want and I then click save as default so the same configuration loads each time...that work perfect accept for "Prevent Speed". Everytime I log into the game DoCrack loads with the "Prevent Speed" ON even though I save the configuration with it off.

Is it supposed to do that?
Is there a way to get it to NOT load "Prevent Speed" at startup?

Thanks
eins

go into your server_charname.ini file in the MQ folder and add in [MQ2DoCrack_AutoLoad], if it isn't already there and then type PreventSpeed=off

Example
Code:
[MQ2DoCrack_AutoLoad]
EvadeAttack=on
EvadeAttackMoFo=on
HideRun=on

I'm actually not sure if =off is a command but it seems like it would make sense that it is.

Last edited:
go into your server_charname.ini file in the MQ folder and add in [MQ2DoCrack_AutoLoad], if it isn't already there and then type PreventSpeed=off

Example
Code:
[MQ2DoCrack_AutoLoad]
EvadeAttack=on
EvadeAttackMoFo=on
HideRun=on

I'm actually not sure if =off is a command but it seems like it would make sense that it is.

In the ini it only seems to list the ones that should be on, non say off.
I put in PreventSpeed=off, but it didnt stop PreventSpeed from loading as a default.
I had tried that before....didnt work then, that why I wondered if it was coded to load every start up.

Anyone else?

Thanks
eins

In the ini it only seems to list the ones that should be on, non say off.
I put in PreventSpeed=off, but it didnt stop PreventSpeed from loading as a default.
I had tried that before....didnt work then, that why I wondered if it was coded to load every start up.

Anyone else?

Thanks
eins
Are you using MQ2VladUtil? If you are, check your MQ2VladUtil.ini file, there are a list of docracks it turns on for you.

htw

Thanks htw

I do have Vlad on my plugin list...I went through the entire INI and cant find any docrack reference that addresses Prevent speed. I used the find function in notepad to search out each docrack in the ini. I also searched for "prevent" and "speed" with no luck.

It seems to load docrack but I dont see where it gives any specifics on which docrack funtions are loaded.

eins

Thanks htw

I do have Vlad on my plugin list...I went through the entire INI and cant find any docrack reference that addresses Prevent speed. I used the find function in notepad to search out each docrack in the ini. I also searched for "prevent" and "speed" with no luck.

It seems to load docrack but I dont see where it gives any specifics on which docrack funtions are loaded.

eins
If it is loading via that, it would be via MQ2VladUtil.ini, in the [Cracks] section.

htw

Code:
[Cracks]
ClickCasting
OpenInventory
OpenBags
ShowSpells
ShowSpells2
Talk2Self
TalkNoGrp
UseAssist
UseHotkeys
SwapWhileCasting
Languages
TalkNoFlwshp
NoMountModels
exchange

That is cop/pasted from the Vlad .ini

Weird

eins

That that leaves MQ2WickedSpeed, which is maintaining your speed between "zones", and modifies the address in memory.

A similar thing can happen with other docracks/plugins, and their docrack status (such as zonelock).

htw

so Wickedspeed is turning on PreventSpeed in DoCrack when it loads?

so Wickedspeed is turning on PreventSpeed in DoCrack when it loads?
They do the same thing, i.e., lock your speed. The plugin allows you to change that value also, where the docrack just locks whatever your current run speed happens to be. If you're using MQ2WickedSpeed, it is normal to see PreventSpeed docrack already on.

htw

OK...Cool

its not that big of a deal to turn it off...in my quest to learn more I wanted to see if I could make it default to off, but its no reall biggie at all.

Thanks for your help htw!