Deleveling and AAXP

CapriiRecords

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know that certain activated AA's no longer work if you go above your current level in AA level purchases.

Example - Cyromancy for Wizards - if you purchase through level 85, then delevel to level 80, Cryomancy will no longer work, and give you a message saying you're not a high enough level.

My question - Does anyone know if this also effects critcial aas? Such as destructive fury, and critical affliction? I recently took a wizard down from 80 to level 75, and in about 30 spell casts, have not gotten a single crit aa proc. I found this odd, especially considering wizards have an innate chance to crit, albeit very small, before any AA expenditures.

Yes, you completely nuke every AA in that line if you delevel below the highest level you have in it.

Let's say you have a passive AA like Weapon Affinity or something, and the highest level you purchased it for requires you to be 81+.

If you drop down to 80, every single Weapon Affinity you bought is deactivated until you ding 81 again.

I'm not sure why this is particularly relevant anymore, though. All skills cap at 2 levels above your current level, so even on PvP there should be no reason to lose more than 2 levels.

The only variation from that would be my Familiar line - I purchased through level 80, and it still works at level 75.

If you test this out and find something different definitely post here, but it's pretty common knowledge on Zek (my play server) that you never de-level AAs because you'll end up with this problem. Zek isn't full of the brightest players, but you can bet that if there was any way to exploit de-leveling an AA, they'd have figured it out and taken advantage of it.

If you test this out and find something different definitely post here, but it's pretty common knowledge on Zek (my play server) that you never de-level AAs because you'll end up with this problem. Zek isn't full of the brightest players, but you can bet that if there was any way to exploit de-leveling an AA, they'd have figured it out and taken advantage of it.

Thought this was common knowledge. If you level buy some AAs then die and lose the level, you go back to 0AAs spent into that set AA line until you re level back to the max level needed for the AA line you have purchased.

Yea, I fall into a dumb player category then. I had never considered it - until I decided to move my 80 wizard to Zek and take him down to 75. Poor choices. WTB New Wizard.

Actually pretty odd - Cyromancy level 78 doesn't work, and Spell Casting Fury Mastery/Destructive Fury level 80 kills all my crits. Improved Familiar level 80 works, Volatile Mana Blaze level 78 works, Ro's Familiar level 79 works. I dunno, random ones seem to still work.

passive AAs dont work all those you listed are active.

Cryomancy is active - but yea that's the only active one that's not working.

Just go back to 80 -- wizzies are beasts in PvP right now and it won't be hard for you to get enough gear to be competitive. Stuns and insta nukes make wizzies the only class besides bards and chanties who can knock out mercs quick.

Also, if you're looking for people to roll with on Zek, send me a PM and I'll give you some folks' char names to send tells to.

Have an 80 monk I was thinking of moving over too, that's why I thought 75 for the wizard. I'll shoot you a PM with char names when I finalize what I'm playing.

I am down to do some pvp on zek. I have a few extra chars i would not mind transfering 85 monk nice raid weps. 81 sk raid geared from sof ? that i can think of both have insane amount of aa

Both would get along just fine. The best PvP is at 85, though you'd have to pick sides between two very annoying, loudmouthed guilds that constantly fight each other. One is clearly the better choice, but neither is great.

And Caprii I'm not currently playing so you don't have to disclose your char names to me, but I can give a list of names of guys who pvp on twinks/outside of serious guilds and who know their shit well enough they could teach you a few tricks if you're new to PvP or just coming back and a little rusty.

Last edited:
I was on the Zeks for the last 8 or 9 years - but I quit playing maybe a year ago and am just now looking to come back for PvP. No clue if I'm rusty - but pretty much the whole Hate and PDM crew I used to play with are long gone, so I need people.