Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead

Yoda007

Lifetimer
Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary when the tragedy occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

Goodbye Steve...

Didn't take long...

Attachments

• pic19954.jpg
    pic19954.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 52
  • irwino.jpg
    irwino.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 47
I always expected him to get..well, eaten by a croc. I feel bad for his family...

Its truly terrible that this happened, its going to be even worse for the stingrays now, seeing that one of them killed a well loved guy.

got this message on msn

if u haven t heard already, Steve Irwin( Crocadile Hunter) died today on the 4th of September, on the Barrier Reef, near Cairns As a sign of respect for the Australian cultural icon, please place a turtle ( tu ) at the start of ur name, and forward this msg on to other ppl

Sad Goodbye

With all the crazy and dangerous things he has done with deadly preditors and venomus snakes it is ironic that he died this way.
Its a sad loss to our generation and thoose to come.

Ok, ok, ok...

The man made a living taunting lethal and deadly creatures. In the end, he truly did get the karma of natures' revenge. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't some sort of taunting that he was doing to the stingrays because he was out there making a movie about TAUNTING STINGRAYS! People go to the bahamas all the time on their 500 dollar Holiday Cruise and go swim with the stingrays. I even have done it. They are tame and docile creatures and I even saw someone step on one, they're not predators like sharks. The fact of the matter is look at the entire reason he was out there. Why would there be a camera crew if it was just a family outing? THINK PEOPLE! There's no reason to be this dull. And sure, he stood for a lot of good things like conservation of wildlife. But, just because you stand for wildlife conservation rights doesn't mean you need to go act like an idiot. Stingrays pop people in the foot, not in the chest. The man was screwing with one.

It was obvious that eventually, his risks would catch up to him. He handled deadly animals on a daily basis. Of course he was handling the stingray. He was an experienced animal handler. Personally, I consider "taunting" intentionally trying to aggravate them and cause them distress. Filming a documentary and handling them is slightly different than "making a movie about TAUNTING STINGRAYS!" This was his JOB! He wasn't out on a 500 dollar cruise to swim with the stingrays.

He was a good man who stood for a good cause. Be brought alot of information in the form of entertainment to alot of people around the world. He had a wife and two kids. Show a little fucking respect.

hear...

Someone hacked his site and put

"STEVE IS DEAD LOL! LOL! LOL!"

TurkReno said:
he was out there making a movie about TAUNTING STINGRAYS!

No fool, stop listening to the media and start listening to the facts. He was making a movie which his daughter, Bindi starred in. It was a DOCUMENTRY like many of his other films.

TurkReno said:
Why would there be a camera crew if it was just a family outing? THINK PEOPLE!

It wasnt a family outing you tard, his family was in another State on an outing while he was filming for the documentry.

Steve never tormented or stirred animals, he was completley the oppisite. I have met the guy in person and visited his park on many occasions.

As a foolish Australian, I see Steve as one of the most near to perfect people alive. He truly had an incredible passion for animal conservation and centered his entire life around it. He also bought up as much undeveloped land as he could afford. Never did anything to it, just had it sit there so that no on else could come along and mess it up. Anyone who can be that driven for something outside of themselves is someone I can admire.

The way he acts in his documentaries is actually the way he was in real life; it's no act for the camera. The way he went out was sad but it’s made him an aussie legend that we'll never forget. His short life did actually show us that one person can really impact the world for the better.

I went down to the Australia zoo on Wednesday and laid some flowers down for him at his makeshift memorial. It was crazy to see how many people he touched and took the time to come says goodbye. The worst thing about this whole thing is what his children are now having to go through. You really only truly know what a person meant to you after you lose them.

(BTW Please try and stay away from flaming and personal attack guys, this thread is this close to being locked)

South Park Tribute:
http://www.youtube.com/v/kjC-RDnUZfE

Fry.

Last edited:
The only stupid thing he ever did was take his baby daughter into that croc pen.

Steve was a good enviromentalist - he gave us the facts, he educated us and he entertained without having that snooty global doom and gloom eco-terroist attitude that turns so many people off.

This was no little stingray that'd you see at Disney, it was a huge bull stringray.

It was 200+lbs and got LUCKY.... if it wasn't for the fact the ray managed to stick him in the heart he would most likely still be with us today.

Human stingray deaths number like 7-13 total..... he had better chances at winning the lottery.

Very sad indeed and I will miss new episodes but enjoy even more the reruns.