Crimson Editor Syntax Files - MMOBUGS

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
Crimson Editor is one of many free text editors that can make your life easier when writing or editing macros. I use it and like it. The syntax files that are on the main mq2 site are lacking all the MMOBugs TLO/members and have some other missing stuff. I updated a lot of the syntax files for what i use personally, but it is missing some that I dont regularly use.

Link to free download:
Download Emerald Editor from SourceForge.net

Then you can add in the .key and .spc files into the /spec/ directory.

I alternate between MAC and MAC2 views. They each highlight everything identically except variables. MAC highlights variables as a whole, while MAC2 only highlights the TLO/Members of the variables. It makes it easy to see if you have a valid TLO member or not. Again, the list is based off my personal use, so I am missing some TLO/Members and UI windows. Feel free to post lists of commonly used window names or TLO/members. Everything is Case Sensitive. MerchantWnd is not the same as merchantwnd. I put the actual case sensitive names of things in.

.key and .spc are invalid file types for uploading, so I threw them in a .zip

EDIT: Tossed a pic up of what it looks like.

Attachments

• MAC.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 48
  • CE.jpg
    CE.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Very nice, Pete. Just got it all set up. This will definitely make things a bit easier.

Sweet, thanks for sharing these with us Pete. I love Crimson Editor, and had modified the MQ2.com files a bit to include a few things that I found missing. I'm sure your files are much more inclusive, so I'll definitely give them a shot.

Does Crimson Editor have a function list? Don't see one in your screenshot but don't know if you have it disabled or not. I've been using Ultra Edit for a while myself, but it's got some quirks about it that are annoying. Wouldn't mind trying out a different editor but the function list is one thing I wouldn't want to give up. Makes navigating large macros a lot easier.

No dev, its a pure text editor. There may be a plugin for function lists, I have no idea. It doesnt have all the IDE/intellisense stuff you are going to find in some other apps. I only code macros and sometimes look at mq2 .cpp/.h, so i've never need a function list for my purposes. But i have VS2010 when i want to actually do c++ since I need to compile it anyway and intellisense is super effective!

I've been using cloud9 and my github repo for my macros recently. I like that editor and it supports ssh'ing to a directory. It is pretty easy to add highlighting to a language in it.

For local, it looks like Crimson Editor plugin has better syntax highlighting than the Notepad++ settings. Thanks Pete.

Thanks ! I've been using notepad++ but I'll definitely give this a whirl this week. It'd be nice to more easily see when you've screwed up.

Im sure notepad++ can do everything crimson can. Crimson just happens to be the one I use, so i posted my personal .key and .spc files. It's probably not any better than the other ones out, I was just providing the syntax files in case someone else uses it. I'm certain you can create all the custom highlighting in the other text editors. I just tried Crimson as my first editor, liked it, and used it instead of trying the others. For all I know, I am missing out on a much better one!

Pretty sure there was a custom syntax file for notepad++ over on macroquest2.com as well.

Though, it would probaably need some updates just like Pete has done with this one.

Im sure notepad++ can do everything crimson can. Crimson just happens to be the one I use, so i posted my personal .key and .spc files. It's probably not any better than the other ones out, I was just providing the syntax files in case someone else uses it. I'm certain you can create all the custom highlighting in the other text editors. I just tried Crimson as my first editor, liked it, and used it instead of trying the others. For all I know, I am missing out on a much better one!

It may be better. Notepad++ is pretty awesome. The point is, you did the work already and it's up to date :) Thanks. Downloading it now

Notepad++, and Crimson updated files?

Necro Posting like a boss. So I've been coding with NP++ and found it quite hard on my eyes. So I went to the user defined languages and setup my own that seems to be doing pretty good. I did spot the one on macroquests2.com but It gave me a headache tbh. I prefer darker settings.

This is my user defined languages file. Which I found at C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++

Might notice I have Pull.mac and Pull1.mac up...that's because I never edit my working code. I always make a copy and break that one :)

Attachments

• userDefineLang.xml
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Programming.bmp
    5.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited: