Question Crash over and over

SondraMarie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Eq crashes after login screen over and over with currant MQ2 patch

Crashes

I believe that is a known issue, and they are still working on getting MQ2 up and running correctly.

That seems to be what is being discussed in chat right now. It is also what happened to me this morning, so I am just taking it as a symptom of not yet being release ready. Tha autologin seems to be especially buggy if you are using that.

That being said, when I get a chance to test, I will check if it will load with no plugins to see if a clean insertion is even possible currently.

Yeah Def something going on with loading it. thanks for reply hoping they work it out fairly fast as don't want to not be able to jam on my last day off

Yeah Def something going on with loading it. thanks for reply hoping they work it out fairly fast as don't want to not be able to jam on my last day off

A normal patch will cause things to shift a round and grow or shrink depending on the code changes. Large chunks of code stay the same and are "easily" recognized by the reverse engineering tools.

DB updated their tool chain and changed compiler options. This in turn changed how the bits in memory are laid out. So the folks reverse engineering the memory layout had to re-find/verify by hand what the changes are.

eqMule and SwiftMuse ( and others ) have been working on getting MQ running since test was patched a week ago.

Given the scope of the changes its pretty amazing they have us back in the game at all.

Wow massive changes.. I cant load it at all with or without plugins. If load eq with it running toon will crash if load eq then MQ2 toon crashes.. lol

I have 1 pc windows 7 and works no problem both my other 2 pcs are win10 and crash as character loads into game, no cracks loaded at all.

more changes

New client just pushed to EQ1 live servers.

Still same result only now no crash just tells me client out of date.. I also run windows 10 on all 3 pcs

Yeah hes prolly sleeping atm hell work on it some more tonite im sure i honestly dont see a good working copy till bout 2 days from now if not three

massive amounts of changing so who knows all we can do is play /gems and wait!

All our tools we use to automate updates are broken from this patch. Dewey2461 summed it up nicely. As Trump would say, it's a mess.

To top it all off, it looks like they put out a new eqgame.exe for live.

I don't believe this weekend is going to be a great weekend for MQ2.

Guess its time for a new hobby.. thanks for the info Fry and folks

ive alwyas liked solitaire, if that is something u might find entertaining

still crashing

i just re patched MQ2 and im still crashing on loging into the game

Give them another day to get stuff worked out. They have most of the core stuff working in the base compile.

As Trump would say, it's a mess.

Gross.

Yeah, pity Hillary or Bernie didnt win, then we all could sit on our asses and play games all day while the rest of the world passes us by and more generations do not learn the value of hard work and the dollar...