Couple unrelated questions

huntn4it

Reaction score
1. How do I send a command to my healer through EQBC to target my pet (since its name changes every time)? I know for me it's just /bct HealerName //tar MyName, but if I want to have a macro for it to target my pet I have to change it every time I summon a new pet (I really don't want to spend 10 bucks or whatever it is to get the station cash pet name change thing).

2. Is forcefeed considered an active hack - ie: high risk? I'd like to use stat food but I always forget to consume the cheap stuff, so my statfood all gets chewed up. Any pointers on this?

Thanks for your help as always,

Hunt

1. How do I send a command to my healer through EQBC to target my pet (since its name changes every time)? I know for me it's just /bct HealerName //tar MyName, but if I want to have a macro for it to target my pet I have to change it every time I summon a new pet (I really don't want to spend 10 bucks or whatever it is to get the station cash pet name change thing).

2. Is forcefeed considered an active hack - ie: high risk? I'd like to use stat food but I always forget to consume the cheap stuff, so my statfood all gets chewed up. Any pointers on this?

Hunt

1. Really not sure of an easy solution for this. Maybe something like /target id ${Spawn[pet PCNAMEHERE].ID} Change PCNAMEHERE to the characters name. Not ingame to test this.

or

/tar id ${Group.Member[1].Pet.ID}

2. No it's not an active hack, you'll be fine using it.

Its not an ideal solution, but get a potion of companion amnesia (or whatever it is) in the marketplace and assign your pet a name. Then code your macro to heal that name

If it is always your pet, just hotkey:

/bct clrname //tar id ${Me.Pet.ID}

Hunt

Do what I do. You can force-feed ordinary food or drink without using MQ. Create a hot button for the stat food and then assign its hot key as a second key assignment for a key you use a lot, like one of the movement keys. Every time you move, if you're getting hungry or thirsty, you'll consume ordinary food and preserve your stat food.

If it is always your pet, just hotkey:

/bct clrname //tar id ${Me.Pet.ID}

Would he not use to use the noparse part?

If he sends that to a cleric or shaman its going to not target the guy pet that sent the bct. Instead the person getting the command would check for his own pet?

he said to heal his own pet, not another group members.

command to my healer through EQBC to target my pet

sounds like he plays that 1 toon and boxes rest.

Yea but when his cleric issues the command it would be still /tar id ${Me.Pet.ID}
not the ID of the pet. Maybe I have it back words since I don't currently use EQBC.

Yea but when his cleric issues the command it would be still /tar id ${Me.Pet.ID}
not the ID of the pet. Maybe I have it back words since I don't currently use EQBC.

Whenever you use a TLO, they are immediately evaluated before being passed to the command. Unless you use /noparse first.

In the case of EQBC, you have another option. If you use /bct and would like to have the TLO parsed remotely use the following
/bct Soandso //echo My name is $\{Me.Name}.
Note the backslash following the dollar sign, and also note that it only works with /bct, not /bca or /bcaa.

Whenever you use a TLO, they are immediately evaluated before being passed to the command. Unless you use /noparse first.

In the case of EQBC, you have another option. If you use /bct and would like to have the TLO parsed remotely use the following
/bct Soandso //echo My name is $\{Me.Name}.
Note the backslash following the dollar sign, and also note that it only works with /bct, not /bca or /bcaa.

Thanks sir, I couldnt remember what way it went with the $\