Counter Bias & Shambot 4 - Suggestions needed

Maskoi

Reaction score
The Question is: How to integrate Healing Counterbias into Shambot 4.0?

How and when are you using it?
Should it be treated as an extra heal for bosses?
A regular slow option?
etc

Would like to hear how people are actually using this spell before I code it.

I just got Counter Bias Rk. II bought in baz. My shammy has max AA's in heals and spell duration

How Healing Counter Bias Rk. II works.

The spell has to be cast on the mob mana cost 1198

Its a 75% slow that lasts about 1.42 s Resist:Magic (-60)

100 % proc is a HoT that lasted 42 secs max aa and gear duration foci
Slow overwrote Turgur's Swarm AA and vice versa

Healed 1675 ish points for 7 ticks.
** Seems affected by Healing Boon AA.Lots of heals doubled **
** Over writes and blocks Listlessness/sloth proc HoT heal **
** Only 1 heal proc'd per spell as soon as it lands on mob. **
** Heals whatever mob is attacking when the slow lands **
** Takes up a slot in the Spell window not the song window **
Stacks with regular shammy HoT. Needs further testing to see if stacks with clerics proised heal.

The LIST
#1 the_great_one
Use as initial slow once tank has agro to make sure heal is on tank. Followed up by normal malo/slow/cripple routine*
* Notes this heal goes in spell window so stacks with with most regular HoT spells.

Last edited:
I use it once the mob is in camp and my tank has it, so usually 98-99%. the hot stacks with the halcon breeze hot also, or the cleric hot if that happens to be on the tank. If you want to use it to only specifically heal someone, then you may run into problems unless that person is the mob's target. Also, when I use this, its just to get a mob slowed, once I have that done, Ill malo and then use the aa slow so it lasts longer than the 90 seconds or so that counterbias lasts. Doing that allows me to have a HoT that helps mitigate some mob dps and gives me time to get a long lasting slow on a raid mob.

Last edited:
A little expensive mana wise if you are pulling at a fast pace and your shaman isn't uber raid geared on the mana. At 24k mana think this sell was using about 4% mana on my shammy not horrible but noticeable. Normal HoT is 843 mana vs Counterbias 1200 ish and heals as much as Halcyon Whisper not taking into account exceptional heals from Healing Boon.

This is very a good use and not one I had thought of yet since I just got the spell. Seemed to have a very low resist rate on it. I tested in zeka and valdeholm and had none. Slow with a 23 k heal going gives the shaman a lot breathing on INC specially if not primary healer. The thrash mobs in UF were hitting for 3 and 4 k. Going to put this at the top of the list.

Last edited:
The healing boon AA does affect it. If you look at the spell it's base heal is like 1500 with a crit healing boon of over 3k

The Question is: How to integrate Healing Counterbias into Shambot 4.0?

How and when are you using it?
Should it be treated as an extra heal for bosses?
A regular slow option?
etc

Would like to hear how people are actually using this spell before I code it.

I just got Counter Bias Rk. II bought in baz. My shammy has max AA's in heals and spell duration

How Healing Counter Bias Rk. II works.

The spell has to be cast on the mob mana cost 1198

Its a 75% slow that lasts about 1.42 s Resist:Magic (-60)

100 % proc is a HoT that lasted 42 secs max aa and gear duration foci
Slow overwrote Turgur's Swarm AA and vice versa

Healed 3294 points for 7 ticks 23,058 total.
** Seems unaffected by Healing Boon AA. No heals doubled **
** Over writes and blocks Listlessness/sloth proc HoT heal **
** Only 1 heal proc'd per spell as soon as it lands on mob. **
** Heals whatever mob is attacking when the slow lands **
** Takes up a slot in the Spell window not the song window **
Stacks with regular shammy HoT

Interesting because all of mine were double then guess it works really well with Healing boon lmao. Thanks will edit the post soom as mmobugs is working again lol

yea, i did forget to mention that this is over 3k a tick for me. as for expensive mana-wise, i usually just hit a mob with it then sit since the shammy's work is done after mobs are slowed. I dont mess with dots, nukes, or anything special other than slow and buff.

Interesting because all of mine were double then guess it works really well with Healing boon lmao. Thanks will edit the post soom as mmobugs is working again lol

Aye my shaman's healing boon isnt maxxed yet ( like 2 more ranks before it is) and he gets them A TON. On a paladin I have seen the heals crit for over 6k when he is running some things. It is quite nice, i will never use another slow besides counterbias.

It's very rare for me to have a mob last longer than duration of Healing Counter Bias Rk. II. Mana it's really much of an issue since I have Canni VIII and Spell Canni. It's rare for him to drop below 80% and that's with him dotting, nuking, panther, champ, HOT. I use AA the malos.

Just as a percaution, if Healing Counter Bias wears off, would the shaman reapply it? That goes for Malos and dots?

Also you didn't ask in this thread, but in the other one shambot one, someone asked about adding Splash of Runedust functionality. The targeting works the exact same way as the warrior's Rally Cry that HTW added to MQ2Melee plugin.

The post discusses it here: http://www.mmobugs.com/forums/everq...ugins-and-offsets/15804-mq2melee-issue-9.html

The only difference between Rally Cry and Splash of Rune dust is one is a spell and the other is a disc. The targeting for them is the same, use the spell/disc and a green circle appears and you have to left click near the mob to use it. It's a pretty sweet debuff when it removes 450 AC from the mob. It's random though and has 3 possible effects, either slows the mob, snares it, or removes the 450 ac.

I think the current suggestion of having the shaman use this spell as a main slow is a good one, however, I would like to see it optional.

Also, would it be possible to add support for another DoT or 2?

Just as a percaution, if Healing Counter Bias wears off, would the shaman reapply it? That goes for Malos and dots?

The way I am thinking of coding it now is this is the first slow then if it wears off shammy will cast next slow AA or spell.

The macro now recasts slow if it wears off, is resisted etc.

On spash of reunedust I don't have that yet but I do have wind of malos and it acts the same way. The coding for that was a little beyond my skill but with that thread I think I can implement it. I will certainly try.

I think the current suggestion of having the shaman use this spell as a main slow is a good one, however, I would like to see it optional.

Also, would it be possible to add support for another DoT or 2?

The 3.33 version I built 4.0 over originally had up to 4 dots. Most people needed their shaman to spot heal with mobs hitting so hard now. 4 dots was really mucky trying to keep a balance with heals, debuff, nukes panther and pets. In my testing before I removed them the mob was dead way before dots 3 and 4 got cast. Even with the shammy on pure dps was still dotting at like 20 or 10 % seemed like a total waste of mana.

After I release 4.0 and /cough get it debugged lmao. I will see how many people are asking for it.

I will definitely put it on the wish list though. Adding them back in wouldn't be too hard. I am trying to keep shambot modular in that respect of adding things.

A good compromise might be to add a misc DPS option. So you can either drop in a 3rd dot or a second nuke.

Last edited:
I use counterbias almost all the time now, if I run into something I think is going to last a while I might aa slow it, but its pretty rare.

I run in a pretty fast paced dps group though, so I usually only toss on slitheren dot at the beginning, since mobs don't live long enough for much more to last.

wow got this spell memmed it and never used it, i guess it is time to pay attention to new spells

After seeing counter in action, its the best thing thats happened to shamens in a while. Personally, my shamen only debuffs and slows. I do use him for back up healing with a merc, but i really dont even bother dotting with him since I 3 box with a wizard that drops 50k bombs.

One thing I would get rid of is the spam in channels. Yes, I know you can deactivate it, however I think it should just be gone.

primary slow is what it should be imo with a option to use one of the other slows would be great.

also another dot or two option would be awesome also. with merc or a boxed cleric wont need to heal as often and the extra dps would be nice

I cast Counterbias on inc for the slow and healing properties, then i malo, cripple, dotx3 then aa slow

Issue

Only weird issue I'm having is it doesn't target the MT for the heal, it just spam heals the Target. This is using

was there another version of Shambot out there?