Cost of Living Thread because SCIENCE!

charlieonly

Lifetimer
Reaction score
It said he would never have to work. Just admit you cant live that way without living like a bum. Its ok to be wrong you know.

i said you would never have to work either living off those numbers above and I just said its far from living like a bum.

so how am I wrong I have showed you numbers that provide more than adequate living conditions no where bum level.no street sleeping no begging for money at intersections.Having stable roof, bed ,hygiene,food water, clothes, phone/internet. And money left over for clothes or spending on stuff and or saving up.

I only added you could dig holes for extra money as an after thought or if you got bored sitting around all day.

Its obvious your definition of a bum life is not anothers...not sure why you even asked for a break down if you already had your conclusion made.

maybe jj list will be more detailed or show something diff.

I would like to hear what others think of his plan to live off the 8k. Do you consider it way below poverty? I think a bum actually makes more than 8k a year panhandling yet still has to live on the streets.

pretty sure welfare pays more. he would definitely qualify for food stamps. My mortgage is 1300 a month so 8k wouldn't even pay my housing costs.

I have no idea what you all are even talking about lols

It would take planning, willpower, and living out in the middle of nowhere where land is very affordable, but yes I don't think living on 8k a year would be a problem.

Hey now, why did my name go in the title? I have no opinion on the cost of living argument! :)

htw

Living in the "middle of nowhere" is about the last place you wanna set up camp if you plan on not filling your gas tank often. Walking distance for many of your "needs" would be the most cost saving option. Small towns across the US do not share the property values of large metropolitan areas. You can say...live in a town that has a population of 25k, and be within a short drive of a city with 400k + persons. Though the small town can offer you 95% of whatever you need. While paying 1/4 the rent for the same low cost apt or small rent-house.

Living in the "middle of nowhere" is about the last place you wanna set up camp if you plan on not filling your gas tank often. Walking distance for many of your "needs" would be the most cost saving option. Small towns across the US do not share the property values of large metropolitan areas. You can say...live in a town that has a population of 25k, and be within a short drive of a city with 400k + persons. Though the small town can offer you 95% of whatever you need. While paying 1/4 the rent for the same low cost apt or small rent-house.

I don't see why you'd need to live near a city of 400k+. It's been several years since I've needed to go to a city anywhere near that size (note I have been to a city that size or greater recently, but it was for pleasure, not needed).

And 25k is not a small town. I live in a small town - our population is less than 400 people. The closest town to us is under 8k, and it's within biking distance and has everything I need available there.

I'm confident I could live on $8k a year comfortably.