CIF turn in is gonna be brutal!!!

Chase,

Out of curiosity, did you get the sunglasses and stuff through a CIF in the states, or did they get issued to you on deployment?

Trying to figure out what the odds are that records for all the stuff I was issued at Bagram as an individual augmentee will catch up with me - they refused to take any at Ft. Gordon when I got back, just the stuff that they issued.

Thanks,

Zinky

P.S. On the other hand, they have kept making prescription inserts for me for the sunglasses - so well worth $57.99 for those, vice the $300+ at a civilian place.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, so anyway... Back to my topic I started here. I went to CIF turned in all my shit. I got a Statement of Charges for $1,273.88!!! the 4 desert flight suits and 2 sets of black fleece cold weather gear hurt the most. Did yall army guys know that those ugly sunglasses they issue you before a deployment must be turned it? Yes I said it! they want them back, at like $57.99 or something like that.

On a good note though, the CIF dude told me that once I get back to my house in florida and get my stuff in storage sent to me. I can take all the gear I have back to any Army base CIF and they will reimburse me for the cost I paid.

When deployed to Bosnia we got issued some sun glasses that were 200+ stupid things we never used.

go to AKO or whatever your military branch website is. There will be a link that will show you your CIF record. Everything that has a Y you keep and everything that has a N you must give back.

go to AKO or whatever your military branch website is. There will be a link that will show you your CIF record. Everything that has a Y you keep and everything that has a N you must give back.

Interesting....just got a chance to do this and (after logging in, so it has my name, etc. right) I get

** NO DATA FOUND **

THERE ARE NO ITEMS ON THIS SOLDIER'S CLOTHING RECORD.

Aaaaand....the 'date of last issue' given is the day that I left Afghanistan on my first deployment - four months after we got the RFI stuff.

So looks like they may never have entered the stuff....?

Last edited:
well you might be just one of the lucky few that got away with murder. Enjoy the gear!

Oh yeah, so anyway... Back to my topic I started here. I went to CIF turned in all my shit. I got a Statement of Charges for $1,273.88!!! the 4 desert flight suits and 2 sets of black fleece cold weather gear hurt the most. Did yall army guys know that those ugly sunglasses they issue you before a deployment must be turned it? Yes I said it! they want them back, at like $57.99 or something like that.

On a good note though, the CIF dude told me that once I get back to my house in florida and get my stuff in storage sent to me. I can take all the gear I have back to any Army base CIF and they will reimburse me for the cost I paid.

Doh, wish i had read this earlier, I have some of that stuff just laying around. Used to work in an SSA, so I ended up with a lot of extra crap laying around. Don't know about the flight suits though, I got issued a set (yes, thats single set not plural) here in alaska, which I don't think i was supposed to get, but oh well, I'll leave it wrapped up lol.