Character transfer question

ambivy

Never Trust a Rogue
Reaction score
Not the original owner of an account. Account has 2 toons on it and I want to split them into 2 accounts. Previously for auto transfer to go through I have created a new account with the same name as the old account and autotransferred that way. Is there another way to do it to an existing account without the same name? Do you have to do this by calling Customer Service or can it be done through auto transfer?

Thanks!

Not the original owner of an account. Account has 2 toons on it and I want to split them into 2 accounts. Previously for auto transfer to go through I have created a new account with the same name as the old account and autotransferred that way. Is there another way to do it to an existing account without the same name? Do you have to do this by calling Customer Service or can it be done through auto transfer?

Thanks!
There is a form you complete via the in game petition system

As long as you can verify the account(s) CC info, SQ answer etc, you can do transfers without the accounts being the same names

sort of true red dog.

Having done dozens of transfers in the last year. You know how many times I was asked for the information of the 2nd account ? 0. All they ask is the username. As long as you have the info for the account the toon is currently on the only thing they check on the 2nd account is that it has all the same expansions ( cant transfer a toon on an account without ROF to one with ROF. etc)

can transfer up not down, acct without RoF to acct with CotF works

As long as you can verify the account(s) CC info, SQ answer etc, you can do transfers without the accounts being the same names

It was a purchased account. Do you need the full CC or just the last four numbers?

It was a purchased account. Do you need the full CC or just the last four numbers?

no they will never ask for the full CC because they cant even see the full CC just the last 4 digits and billing address.

If i can't get the billing address (because the account was sold several times and the previous owner doesn't have it) then would I still be able to transfer to a new account with a duplicate name?

Contact red dog, she was the original owner I believe lol.

they only ever asked me for the cc for the last 3 months. last 4. name and addy

If it was an account I owned at one point (and if you bought it from Brano I probably did :p) PM me - I have whatever info is required for transfers on any account I've ever owned. And I'll be more than happy to help you in whatever way I can

oh god if people try to track down who has played an account it would be one horrifically tangeled mess :p I've transferred toons from accounts I've bought there from people who bought the toon from a friend on the forum who bought the toon.
Amusingly enough, I bought a toon that I recognized as a toon I had had played before on loan from another friend who had bought it from a friend of his a few years ago. And pretty sure that one toon that I bought here was one that I had sold decades ago (doubt two toons of the same race/class with the the same unique title and same ancient crap event loot). Transfers cause a lot of chaos which is good :p

If it was an account I owned at one point (and if you bought it from Brano I probably did :p) PM me - I have whatever info is required for transfers on any account I've ever owned. And I'll be more than happy to help you in whatever way I can

Yeah, I did! Thanks - will PM you... that was an unexpected resolution ;-)

oh god if people try to track down who has played an account it would be one horrifically tangeled mess :p I've transferred toons from accounts I've bought there from people who bought the toon from a friend on the forum who bought the toon.
Amusingly enough, I bought a toon that I recognized as a toon I had had played before on loan from another friend who had bought it from a friend of his a few years ago. And pretty sure that one toon that I bought here was one that I had sold decades ago (doubt two toons of the same race/class with the the same unique title and same ancient crap event loot). Transfers cause a lot of chaos which is good :p

Good read lol. +1

Last time I did a transfer which was in the last few months, I just verified CC, name and billing of card and Q&A. Both accounts weren't the same either (what was originally registered), I just verified both.

I just did one this week..

Step 1: call SOE

Step 2: answer there questions, last 4 of most used or last used cc, Secret answer.

Step 3: wait...

Step 4: pay them

Tada!

Sometimes takes more than 2 days mine was 1 day later.

Just did one through the support tickets, thought I was going to have to call them but didn't.

Just go in to the knowledge base, open a ticket, select character issues and there is a character account transfer option. Submit - they send you an auto response email asking for certain information. I updated it with just the most recent info, and it worked.