buying voa for a raf acct question

called cust service

32 bucks, got a new voa acct w 30 days on it

my main acct got 30 days added

so in the end i got voa for 2 bucks :) (woulda spent 15 bucks times 2 for the 2 accts)

and now main + main bot acct will get xp bonus (will keep 1 at 94 as long as i can :p)

all in all a good deal :)
Ok let me see if I understand this....

You moved an existing character from an existing account to an RAF account and are getting the exp bonus for both the referral and referred accts/characters?

I've never really looked closely at how the RAFs worked since I was never too into rebuilding toons from the ground up (it's not the 0-95 I care about, its all the back flagging and other stuff, like epics, progression from previous expansions and so on) but the idea of being able to use an exp bonus acct to benefit both a main as well as an existing toon might actually just make paying for another acct worth the effort.

So what? You created a trial acct under the RAF program, added VoA/HoT to it for the $32 from Amazon, while it was still a trial, and then moved a toon to the new acct? (after subscribing it i assume?) And everyone is benefiting from the process?

so you did have them activated and expansion bought, then let their paid subscription run out?

so you did have them activated and expansion bought, then let their paid subscription run out?

Correct. As far as I understand it, letting the subscription lapse will cancel the RAF bonus even if you resub.

91 to 92 in 3 hrs after transfer into raf acct, AA 3 per pull, 4 mobs a time 1 min to kill (a little under 6k aa atm)

FUCKING HAPPY AS HELL

oh and main toon aa are flying (aa under 9k)

I can't find anywhere online that confirms the exp bonus goes away of you let the sub lapse, and the re sub. Anyone able to confirm this?

I can't find anywhere online that confirms the exp bonus goes away of you let the sub lapse, and the re sub. Anyone able to confirm this?
I can't confirm it authoritatively, but it makes sense. Everything else stops when your sub lapses, (vet reward timer, etc) so why not the RAF benefits? The concept behind the program is to reward both parties for playing - ergo requiring some kind of valid subscription?

You can try calling and giving them some story to see if they'll reactivate it.

I have an RAF acct. I let it lapse. I reactivated and still got RAF XP.

Also, on the Amazon thing, did they email you a Key Code or did you have to DL through them?

Last edited:
I have an RAF acct. I let it lapse. I reactivated and still got RAF XP.

Also, on the Amazon thing, did they email you a Key Code or did you have to DL through them?

This is amazing news. I've got 4 accounts, with 4 more RAF'ed that I didn't really want to lose the bonus on. Thanks!

Anyone else having trouble setting up an RAF?

Been trying to send an invite (through the account manager page) for 2 days now and every time I try I get an error "Under scheduled maintenance. Try again later"

Any suggestions, thoughts? Is there any other way or getting to the invite page other than the acct manager?

Once your purchase is complete they post your activation key under the order info in your 'Games library' where it stays. Nice cause you can access it at any time you want, if you ever need to refer back to it for SoE verification

Anyone else having trouble setting up an RAF?

Been trying to send an invite (through the account manager page) for 2 days now and every time I try I get an error "Under scheduled maintenance. Try again later"

Any suggestions, thoughts? Is there any other way or getting to the invite page other than the acct manager?

Same here, SUCKS! :( Don't know how to get around it and I haven't seen any news about it either.

Same here, SUCKS! :( Don't know how to get around it and I haven't seen any news about it either.
Still showing the "Maintenance" message. Tried from several different machines, incl a friend's. Same thing.

There's also a link to the RaF from outside the Acct Mgmt screen, from the Everquest page. Tried that and got the same error.

Anyone wanna take a wager on this being SoE's way of making RaF go away? By not enabling new invites?

RaF is OVER accord to TSR D