Brad McQuaid is back

I think it could do good things for the game.

The only way to stop him from ruining eq next ? Put him back on the eq dev team. Interesting though they added 4 or 5 new devs. Either EQ is becoming more profitable or they have something in the works that needs more people to do.

I really hope they are re-creating 1999 to 2004 EverQuest again, not half arsed Fippy/Vulak progression server using latest code.

With how popular Project 1999 is, they would be crazy not to try and re-create something like that. If a fan project can get near 1000+ player base, SoE offical server would do really well. EQMac has certainly also shown them the demand.

Runescape recently did something like this and have got a ton of old players back.

I really hope they are re-creating 1999 to 2004 EverQuest again, not half arsed Fippy/Vulak progression server using latest code.

With how popular Project 1999 is, they would be crazy not to try and re-create something like that. If a fan project can get near 1000+ player base, SoE offical server would do really well. EQMac has certainly also shown them the demand.

Runescape recently did something like this and have got a ton of old players back.

Won't happen. They use current code so they don't have to maintain 2 different clients.

Didn't McQuaid and Smedley have a falling out at some point?

Won't happen. They use current code so they don't have to maintain 2 different clients.

That could also be why they have added in several new devs..

I am with fry, if they bring back 00-04 none cookie cutter bullshit, it might be worth playing for real again, not just macroing.

Totally agree, get rid of the cookie cutter BS, itemization is killing me. 20 earrings with different names with the same stats...Joy.

That could also be why they have added in several new devs..

I am with fry, if they bring back 00-04 none cookie cutter bullshit, it might be worth playing for real again, not just macroing.