Boy, XP sucks on Phinigel!

SiegeTank

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I had levelled a toon to 18 months ago on Phinigel and for a change of pace decided to go back and continue. At level 18, solo, with the 50% XP bonus, I'm earning 2-3% of the next level soloing yellow mobs in LOIO. That's pretty miserable! I know these new servers aren't intended to allow players to blow thru levels but this seems painfully slow. Is it that slow all the way to 60? Or is it just a lot better in groups? I do enjoy the old school gameplay and I was hoping to relive fun times I had back in the day when we were raiding Luclin and Vex Thal, but by the time I get to 60 at this pace the server will have undergone 3 more expansions!

Or am I missing something?!

your forgetting that exp was worse then that back in the day and only remembering the good parts /rosecoloredglasseson

your forgetting that exp was worse then that back in the day and only remembering the good parts /rosecoloredglasseson

The game was way different, and the audience/players were way different, too. I have a job, grad school (2nd Masters) and a girlfriend. I don't have time for ridiculous time sinks.

Solo exp is totally horrid, first of all. In a full group doing the same thing you'd probably still be getting 1-2% exp per kill.

Secondly a lot of it is really understanding you just want to kill as many mobs as possible, not really looking for high cons. Plus there's always people pling their alts and just want more damage shields or people to pull or just more dps as the exp isn't hindered that much in a group. Find someone with "OOG DRUID" or something.

I recently started on Phini and me and my gf playing with a little bit of help took us 3 weeks to 60. If we had no help it wouldn't of taken longer then 5 weeks. We did play fairly consistently for those 3 weeks though. Anyone playing any relative decent amount of time should be able to hit max level in 2 months.

It's really not that bad. It's meant to try and mimic back then, if you don't like that than don't play it. It's not for you. I'd say they're trying to make an inbetween p99 brutality and lockjaw easiness.

Grouping is they key though, for sure

The game was way different, and the audience/players were way different, too. I have a job, grad school (2nd Masters) and a girlfriend. I don't have time for ridiculous time sinks.

this and we didn't know man WE DIDN'T KNOW OH GOD

I levelled two toons to 50 on P99 starting soon after the server went live so I've got the patience. And sure it did remind of the pace when I played back in 1999-2000 but for some reason it didn't seem quite as bad as this. But, you're right, I did group more on P99 and played longer sessions. I don't want to come across as whiney as I am a nostalgic fan of "old school EQ" and I don't mind having to earn my XP. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something here, or maybe had my XP bar set to "stupid slow" or something. :eek:

They have to fix the XP rates because it will just force people to level one toon only and never start an alt or group outside with guildies.