Beta

Sooooooo anyone thats in Beta...What ya think? I realize its early on, but from wha I have seen so far this will be the biggest pos expansion to date...No new aas, redundant ui changes, overall nothing exciting....someone else see different?

Yep, so far complete garbage. No new AA's just slight extensions of the previous AA's. This thing is set to release on Nov 21st.. that's just sad. It's obvious they're short of developers right now, they put this thing out with the bare minimum in terms of new features.. I mean even the NPC's look the same as previous expansions.

The ONLY thing so far that I see from beta is that you get to grind 5 more levels, new level of all the same old spells and a couple more levels of some of the same old AA points... very disappointing.

If this expansion is not 100% free, it's going to be a massive ripoff.

Releases Nov 28th, not 21st. There are just as many new models in this expansion as the past 2-3, so I'm not sure what you mean there. New AA's to come later, and by the looks of things in the .exe file disassembly that I expected to see on Beta but haven't, I'd say there's more content to be released some time after launch as well.

Did you happen to see that Achievement when Beta first started, "Enter the Burned Woods"? It's been removed since, but I'd guess that's a hint of things to come.

So it seems if your account was gold when beta invited then lapsed you still can get into beta just not 100 blah blah blah.....so last night in pok people found out there were silver accounts in beta and you would think sony just told them silver accounts would get eq free for life.....i wish i would have logged the tells i was getting people were furious lol

So far, beta has been fun. New raids are fine, and new old content is just what I miss...I know I am looking forward for this one...

Just what I wanted to do. Level to 100 to go back and raid the new version of NTOV and Kael.

Same mobs. Same snoozer.

I'll likely see it through just cues its something to do but I really don't see myself getting all excited about it.

IMO NToV was one of the funnest zones i've been too. I'm looking forward to seeing that again before the rest of RoF lols.

So what's going on with NTOV? Revamp?

When they say "to be released at a later date" what they mean is "Open your wallets suckers, cause yer bitch asses will be paying 750sc per set of aa's we didnt give you when the expansion went live" .....thats what it always means...
...micro-purchase and reaming INC.

Actually they are releasing it supposedly with RoF. It is supposed to be T2 Voa Raid gear and Vulak with T4 Voa Raid gear. They will hit like a truck supposedly.

Actually they are releasing it supposedly with RoF. It is supposed to be T2 Voa Raid gear and Vulak with T4 Voa Raid gear. They will hit like a truck supposedly.

Is this supposed to be part of the main story line or a side "raid" zone? I would love to see them start adding in none progression raid zones. It would be fun if they made it sort of like the Obsidian Sanctum WoW raid (think sleepers tomb set up), or Unearthing Alra (in the sense of more towers left harder the boss).

Have a main boss and 3-4 warders, each warder that is killed powers up the main boss. Once you engage the main boss the warders despawn and that is the level of difficulty. 0 power ups = top tier from previous raid difficulty, 1= T1, 2 = T2, and 3 = T3, and 4 = special none visible T3+

It would be off the main progression story line and could be used as a secondary gearing raid for your current tier of progression. This would give guilds something other then the main story line to use to gear up, it could be limited so as to not award the raid currency and use the loot tables from the main story line so it is more of a bonus then a required target.

Another idea I would like to see is them to take an old expansion and use the "RoF" (shit falls from sky and powers up the mobs). Sort of like fabled but make it with full progression and have all mobs in the zone powered up, maybe even new models due to mutations caused by the power up. Have the raid bosses more like the VoA style with multiple emotes, lots of moving, multiple phases. I'd love to redo SSRA / VT / PoP without going to a progression server and leaving my current toons.

Just my 2cents

With a condensed team of Dev's , a total of 2 guys in India designing whats left of this game, your wishes are like ripples in a pond of sewage. Expect the pennies you toss in for each wish, to land in the pile of shit at the bottom.

was gonna put this in chat box, but i have a bit more room here.

getting to 100 is cool. and if my math is right and there are 4 tiers of raid and group, then a top geared raid t4 rof toon(augs, chest emblem and buffs)(figuring in slight aug and chest emblem upgrades) should be around 127-130k hp mana, and 1100 give or take ac.

so far all the aas are exactly the same, there isnt a single new aa , and the upgrades are fewer than before, aside from gom, general sturdy,delay death, a cpl added on to cs and ca(i literally mean like 5 to each) mental stamina, 3 more buff slots and a cpl more to the mana regens and end regen.

gear is all the same but upgraded.. mobs are all the same, but upgraded.
task are all the same but upgraded. and zones are nothing new to what im used to, and most are literally nothing new, just revamped

but thats what it is in a nutshell.

if this is gonna get me fried please mod me out, you would know better than i would.
otherwise there it is, enjoy this crappy expansion

and apparently aside from many other classics that didnt get an upgrade in the spells, shamans heal/slow apparently ends with voas version renewing conunterbias, and the other recourse group heal has no upgrade

Last edited:
I only saw 2 tiers of gear (group and raid) on the vendor shaunb, are you sure there are 4 tiers? I might have missed it when I last checked. Also, the hp/mana increase was by 150 from t4 VoA, so if voa t4 group was 1950 hp/mana , RoF tier 1 is 2100 hp/mana.

While that is exactly following previous expansions, and it isn't unprecedented, if there are only 2 tiers this doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me, it should increase by 250-300 hp if they are doing 2 tiers , especially since the difficulty and level of mobs is increasing regularly to level 100-105 cap.

Although , you could argue its nice that the gear isn't getting mudflated too.

With a condensed team of Dev's , a total of 2 guys in India designing whats left of this game, your wishes are like ripples in a pond of sewage. Expect the pennies you toss in for each wish, to land in the pile of shit at the bottom.

I cant believe it, you actually made me rofl! +1

I only saw 2 tiers of gear (group and raid) on the vendor shaunb, are you sure there are 4 tiers? I might have missed it when I last checked. Also, the hp/mana increase was by 150 from t4 VoA, so if voa t4 group was 1950 hp/mana , RoF tier 1 is 2100 hp/mana.

I guess i could be completley wrong. cuz i did just assume, they were only giving us a taste of what was to come with gear by showing us the first 2 tiers out of 4.
if it goes that way though top t4 rof raid would be 3200-3300 unauged
that times 21 add in augs plus buffs,new or old chest emblem, powersource and i came up with around 128-130k hp mana....and between 8k-1100 plus ac

Last edited:
guess those two tiers of group and raid gear wern't just a taste, according to others, they were it. As if i needed another reason not to buy it.

bullshit

hardly any aa upgrades, no class aas at all yet, the only aas that are getting upgraded thus far, 1 level of GOM..5 of cs and ca...5general sturdiness (i think) ... 10 more stat boosters.....3 more buff slots....a few mana and endurance regens..... 5 more mastery of the past...a cpl other pratically useless aas i probally overlooked..

5 levels...... same gear only 2 tiers and one is a partial overlap......max raid gear is 2800/2900/3000 tops

a few new zones, mostly revamped oldones

slightly stronger mobs that appear to increase to match gear upgrades..... same crappy quest styles......

a few good spell lines cut, no new spell lines added or brought back from older than voa,,, all spells are same suit of increase from before

did i miss anything???????

Last edited: