Best pet tank for EoK?

Reaction score
Anyone know what the best pet tank is? I have a necro friend whose pet is a beast when it comes to tanking, but I always thought they were supposed to be the weakest of the bunch. Thanks!

I hope your eq forums name isn't the same as your character name. Any old nobody could put two and two together.

Generally speaking with all things equal, mage earth pet is the best at tanking followed by the beastlord pet and the mage air pet. All three of those can out tank the necro warrior pet.

The drawback to the mate earth pet is aggro generation since they nerfed swing aggro. I'd be inclined to say that the magician air pet might still be the best all around pet tank of all the classes.

thanks

Thanks guys! You wouldn't believe how hard it was to come by a friggin answer. I never realized the EQ community had fallen to the maturity of the WoW community.

Information about about class strength is a tightly guarded secret on the eq forums. The devs don't play and don't understand what they do in all honesty and if they see information even if it is false it often results in nerfs.

The drawback to the mate earth pet is aggro generation since they nerfed swing aggro. I'd be inclined to say that the magician air pet might still be the best all around pet tank of all the classes.

No mage worth their salt uses Air pet anymore - Earth and Water are where it's at

No mage worth their salt uses Air pet anymore - Earth and Water are where it's at

sadly yes air pet stuns no longer are as good as they used to be.