Bard AFK Macro Walthrough 1/18/08 (70-75 added)

hey sweetie, nice write up, i know you have been working hard on it while lvling your bard..

/hugs from the kitty (you know who ;)

thanks! (love how u blacked the names out haha, i didnt think about that)

also, at 55, how often u die in PoV kitin there? cuz a lot of times wanderers will get n stun me then ill be ut oh lol.

also, sometimes twisting picks random songs, at first it does good twisting selos run dot dot dot then i come back its twisting ssot for some reason? even one time i came back and it wasnt twisting at all...

I don't know, but I would tell you just to load up the songs you need. Like this;

1 - DoT
2 - DoT
3 - DoT
4 - DoT
5 - Selo's

Now I was having problems there with a twist I had there for a while and it would skip Selo's and I would die from loss of runspeed. So I would do this;

/twist 1 5 2 5 3 5 4 5

I agree it may seem rather unneeded, but it will cast Selo's 4 times when it about to wear and never skip it.

Make sure you are using my latest macro as it has heal potion ability. Just put them into your potion belt slot 1 & 2 and let er rip.

Good luck, let me know if you have further questions.

so far so good marbury, thanks. still having problems in PoV on getting setup, always get raped at lvl 55, so im just gonna kite a crapload of aas in pon (its not too bad xp for afk) then get a PL to 63 (for fade) and kite in Rcod

RCoD is worse than Valor. Explain to me what you're noticing in Valor.

Are you looking at the ground with the map open?
Are you starting your circle in the spot I was showing you?
Do you have healing potions in your belt?
Do you have Selo's on when you start?
Are you using Selo's Accelerating Chorus?
Are you using IVU potions before you get to the mobs?
Are you running in a straight line?
Are your songs in the right order?
Is Twist skipping songs?
Did you try /twist 1 5 2 5 3 5 4 5 ?

If you did all of these other things, then I don't know what to tell you. It works awesomely for me.

I'm curious, is Selo's necessary? Could it be substituted with a /speed setting? I am not sure if /speed is working atm, since I haven't been around for a few months.

So in a nutshell, does this macro target a mob, run in circles, and use DoTs on said mob until it's dead? All while AFK? Or did I misread something?

If this is the case, I just might have to come back to EQ... ;)

/speed does indeed work for this. Therefore all indoor zones would now be useful. At all levels

You might want to go into more detail on setting up /circle command lots of people used to have issues with that function.

I tryed it and kinda figured it out (/circle)... i got the /circle on 50 working but once you stop running around (hitting the arrow keys) i cant get it to start the circle again. Also when I did have it working for that breif time i knoticed that the mobs werent taking any damage from my spells. Any ideas why?

I tryed it and kinda figured it out (/circle)... i got the /circle on 50 working but once you stop running around (hitting the arrow keys) i cant get it to start the circle again. Also when I did have it working for that breif time i knoticed that the mobs werent taking any damage from my spells. Any ideas why?

I am currently having this exact same problem with the running part... when I first load up, it seems to go smoothly, but if I touch anything I cant get the circle to start and end up running in a straight line still. Tried your suggestions in the FAQ, Marbury, but cant seem to get it working properly.

Sequence:
/plugin mq2moveutils
/plugin mq2twist
/circle on 75
/twist 1 2 3 4

Find myself running in wrong area in circles, change position and wont start the circles again.

I believe you on want to use /circle pause then try /circle unpause and it should run to your original position when you started the circle and restart. If not, try /circle off, and then retype /circle on ##

Hey marbury mind gettin on the rg irc? easier to talk to yah about my PoV problem, thanks ;)

ok that worked for me... but can you explain why when I am kiteing my dots are not hitting the mobs. I was kiteing about 6 of them for a good 10 mins and all of them were still at 100% health.

Are they targeted? Are they resisting your spells? Is it giving you a message that you cannot see your target?

I need more information on the situation so I can help you. Just saying they are not losing hitpoints could even lead me to think you're not even twisting your songs.

Are they targeted? Are they resisting your spells? Is it giving you a message that you cannot see your target?

I need more information on the situation so I can help you. Just saying they are not losing hitpoints could even lead me to think you're not even twisting your songs.

i have the mobs targeted and i am casting dots... seems like the dots are not landing on the mobs. no they are not resisting either. it dosent say in chat window "XXX winces." or whatever it is when the dot lands.

That doesn't make any sense, I will look into it. Are you sure they are staying at a hundred percent and you just don't have the DoT damage filtered out?

Make sure you are not using ae dots. They do not damage moving mobs.

What about Damage Over Time songs? I have a list of them and levels on the first page