Aura Code

Maskoi

Reaction score
Same as my clicky buff code some snippets to check and cast a toon's aura into a macro. I was lazy on this one doesn't check for mobs close by or combat. It just casts the aura if its down.

Code:
#include spell_routines.inc

Code:
/declare Aura 		string outer Champion's Aura
/declare DoAura 		int outer 1

Code:
/call CastAura

Code:
Sub CastAura
/if (!${Me.Song[${Aura} Effect].ID} && ${DoAura}) {
| This is melee aura 
	/disc "${Aura}"

| if caster aura rem out line above and use the line below
| /call cast "${Aura}" gem8 5s

/delay 4s ${Me.Song[${Aura} Effect].ID}
}
/return

Last edited:
Same as my clicky buff code some snippets to check and cast a toon's aura into a macro. I was lazy on this one doesn't check for mobs close by or combat. It just casts the aura if its down.

Code:
#include spell_routines.inc

Code:
/declare Aura 		string outer Champion's Aura

Code:
/call CastAura

Code:
Sub CastAura
| This is melee aura 
	/disc "${Aura}"

| if caster aura rem out line above and use the line below
| /call cast "${Aura}" gem8 5s

/delay 4s ${Me.Song[${Aura} Effect].ID}
}
/return

I'm looking at the code and I'm wonder, the aura being put into a macro, for what purpose? I mean I suppose I could see if you are running a macro for say...autopulling and killing etc, you would want to add lines to do your buffs so that you aren't running around interuppting your own junk, I've just been using holyshitz and downshitz inside of MQ2Melee. Bit lost on your declares though, I'm new to Variables and Declaring stuff.

Code:
]/declare Aura 		string outer Champion's Aura

First, does it matter how much space you put between your /declare Aura and String outer Champion's Aura?

Code:

What does this declare really? I mean I see that its saying that basically (if I'm reading it right) that "DoAura=1" is this in referce to an INI or am I missing the big picture?
Also,
Code:
/declare DoAura int outer
/varset DoAura 1

Is this the same thing as what you put in your code??

Code:
Sub CastAura
| This is melee aura 
	/disc "${Aura}"

Here I think I answer my own question, Where ${DoAura} will always equal 1 or basically making it a non-Null entry, does that mean it will always cast? Could this later be implimented into an INI file, and if so, how do you set up a macro to create the INI file and give you the values (such as DoAura=#) which you can later go to edit from the file itself.

And I believe, last but not least....can you use /declare's in MQ2Melee's INI file or would it have to be hard coded in somehow?

Last edited: