answer me this

pets have owners names under the pets name.

anyone who even takes a Screenshot with MQ loaded is stupid anyway. I find it funny though as I've seen that very necro use fast mem to rotate more dots on the boss, but hey a hypocrite will always be a hypocrite. You know who uses MQ when they can point out why a screenshot shows they're using MQ or when the person knows MQ commands.

So if a req player take a screenshot will it show the MMO user still useing mq2?

If you take a screenshot and don't diable all visible aspects of MQ2 before taking it, then yes people may be able to see you are using MQ2 from the screenshot.

A few years ago I posted a couple of multiline commands to use as alias's in the MacroQuest.ini that would completely disable all visual aspects of MQ2 and then reenable them.

Code:
/showmq=/multiline ;  /mapfilter all ; /timed 10 /keypress f11 ;  /timed 10 /plugin MQ2ChatWnd ; /timed 10 /caption mqcaptions on
/hidemq=/multiline ; /plugin MQ2ChatWnd unload ; /mapfilter all ; /caption mqcaptions off ; /keypress f11

Whether they still work completely or not, I have no clue. It's been a long while since I used them. At the time when I used them I was in a guild and did Fraps video recording for the guild and wanted a way to quickly hide MQ2 and then re-enable it.

There is also a member of the party that has LDR after their name. That and the pet thing is a huge give away. Some people should know better. LOL

Why are there multiple characters with the targeting colored text? Can you have more than one person targeted with MQ2?

There was an asshat on my server that for some reason would ooc bits of chatlogs with timestamps all over the place...

There was an asshat on my server that for some reason would ooc bits of chatlogs with timestamps all over the place...

You know that Gamparse shows timestamps right? I copy and paste chat logs from Gamparse all the time, and it shows timestamps.

So if a req player take a screenshot will it show the MMO user still useing mq2?

If you take a screenshot and don't diable all visible aspects of MQ2 before taking it, then yes people may be able to see you are using MQ2 from the screenshot.

A few years ago I posted a couple of multiline commands to use as alias's in the MacroQuest.ini that would completely disable all visual aspects of MQ2 and then reenable them.

Code:
/showmq=/multiline ;  /mapfilter all ; /timed 10 /keypress f11 ;  /timed 10 /plugin MQ2ChatWnd ; /timed 10 /caption mqcaptions on
/hidemq=/multiline ; /plugin MQ2ChatWnd unload ; /mapfilter all ; /caption mqcaptions off ; /keypress f11

Whether they still work completely or not, I have no clue. It's been a long while since I used them. At the time when I used them I was in a guild and did Fraps video recording for the guild and wanted a way to quickly hide MQ2 and then re-enable it.

Or use MQ2ScreenShot...

Code:

Or use MQ2ScreenShot...

MQ2ScreenShot by default only disables captions. You have to add commands to turn other stuff that you may have displayed off as well. Essentially the same exact thing I did in the alias commands above. With two exceptions.

With MQ2ScreenShot, it has post screen shot commands to re-enable the stuff if you wish. This is a little more convenient than having two separate alias commands and having to take the screenshot between manually (although it's easy to set up a hotkey to do).

The other exception is MQ2ScreenShot would not work for frapsing (which as stated in my post was my purpose for wanting to disable the MQ2 aspects in the UI).

Mainly just wanted to point out that you have to set it up to disable other stuff with MQ2ScreenShot though. I wouldn't want to see users just running around using /ss with default settings, thinking it's hiding everything MQ related automatically.