85 necro pet?

Wizman61

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I've been doing the MMs for quite a while due to lack of playing time from getting behind on class work a bit. Last week I finally got some time to play and stoopid necro pet got keeled hehe. When I summoned another one it was a spectre??? I thought the 85 pet was the zombie? Well, I saw another necro in GL with zombie pet and asked him what level pet he was using to make sure I was summoning the right pet to get a zombie. I see a spectre no matter which account I look at pet with, have 3 active atm, even the acct I run on other PC sees spectre. Does anyone have any idea why? Have they changed the zombie to a spectre? Am I hallucinating? hehe :eek:

Wut? I havent gotten a spectre or a zombie pet from it. There are pet illusions though, maybe thats what your thinking of!

I would just double-check which pet you cast. The level 85 spell (Unliving Murderer) is your rogue pet and comes in the form of a zombie. The level 82 spell (Bloodreaper's Shade) is your warrior pet and comes in the form of a specter.

Also, I know that various pet focus items will change the illusion of your pet. With EM6, the above pet graphics are the same. I have seen iksar skeletons from some raid pet focus items.

That's what someone else told me, it was an illusion. But I had a zombie pet and I'm pretty sure when I hit 85 and memmed the spell Unliving Murderer was when I got him. Now this spell doesn't give me the zombie.

Quite odd. I summoned both this morning and got the zombie for lvl 85 and specter for lvl 82.

What pet focus item are you wearing (usually your ear or range item)?

Nm on the question about pet focus. I just removed mine and cast both pets and they came up as normal (85 - zombie, 82 - specter). So, having a pet focus from none up to Enhanced Minion 6 doesn't seem to make a graphical difference. I think that EM8 is where the changes I spoke about come from (Iksar skeleton pets).

Not sure what to tell you. I summoned the 85 necro pet in three different zones and they always appeared in zombie form. You aren't crazy, just bugged somehow.

My necro has the pet focus item from rallos returns, and I get the iksar skeleton from it. I actually had no idea the spell normally summons a zombie either.

Could it perhaps me a racial innate thing?

Like dark elves get zombies etc

I do not think caster race enters into the equation. Here is a quote from a DE necro on Necrotalk: Pet Focus Link

"I have never seen a pet with iksar skeleton illusion, my 85 rogue pet is a zombie though. Since TBS the end game focus has done this to high end rogue pets, but not the warrior pets. "

As a gnome, I likewise see my 85 rogue pet as a zombie.

And here it is brought up about higher level pet focuses changing the illusion of pets.

"I think the final pet focus for SoD gives the iksar skelly illusion for the rogue pet. I've seen a couple necros walking around with them so something does."

My necro has the pet focus item from rallos returns, and I get the iksar skeleton from it. I actually had no idea the spell normally summons a zombie either.

My guess is that you are wearing the Snakecharmed Earring, Vesryn (Enhanced Minion VIII). If you get bored sometime, would you mind bagging it and summoning a level 85 pet and let us know the graphical representation it takes? My guess is that it will be a zombie and that most likely Wizman61 is bugged.

figured it out finally. Somewhere along the line I upgraded something with a slot 3 and lost my enhanced minion 1 aug that I got from Zeb in the void. As soon as I bought another and put it into piece with open slot 3, I got my zombie back.