20013-12-05: Stealth Patch - no patch notes

Chuckles

Random lurker
Reaction score
New .exe though, MQ is down.

information

Information

Piestro Community Relations

The only public facing changes I know of are flags, not sure if there are notes. There will be an announcement about it later today. I'll check around for anything else.

Piestro, Today at 7:56 AM

think it broke mq also say I don't have a version compatible with eq

Same as above.... it broke MQ for me as well.

new exe = mq2 downtime

any time sony hits us with a new exe, no matter how small or large the changes the base mq2 (provided by the mq2 community) must be updated to support that change. mq2 is made in such a way that it will not even attempt to attach to an unsupported exe. there are ways around that however, but unless you are a dev working on offsets i would strongly recommend not doing that.

Doesn't the site put the red bar at the top anymore when MQ is down? Was a great time saver.

I promise, promise, I'm not trying to be a dick but...

One extra click wastes how much time in terms of checking to see about the compile?

The RED BANNER of DOOM is nice, yeah, and I get the convenience of it, but look at how bad ass this site is, and the people who run this shit like no other mq2 community on the web and ask yourself: Is one extra click or 10 extra seconds really enough to gripe about?

Most of these fellas have other jobs (I'm pretty sure, I don't know them personally) and so they might not even be around to handle the banner, or the patch, or whatever.

I've been around in the mq2 community for quite some time, and I've been a mod on forums like these before, and it is a pretty thankless job, but being on that other side offers up the perspective and knowledge of when to bring up an "issue" and when to just suck it up and enjoy the ride---bumpy as it may get.

Who needs a banner anyway...you'll know when MQ2 is back up because the servers will all suddenly become repopulated.

That's just my 50 cent piece, and a roundabout way of saying thanks to all the Red, Green, Yellow and Blue names who keep this place being the best place to cheat smarter, not harder.

Haters can suck an aids dick and die slow.

Why

I knew I shouldn't have asked...

I really hate asking for or about anything on this site.. to the point where I have other people ask the question for me.

I was just asking one question... my one question every blue moon ...

oh and btw isn't my name yellow or gold?

to answer your question Mako, I think the last couple times they hit us with a ninja patch the guys here didn't put up the red banner until later that day or the next. most likely they are just bus with RL stuff.

There was nothing wrong with Mako's question. He was not being a hater, he just simply had a question. No one should fear asking a question around here, especially when something that usually happens doesn't happen and you are curious as to why. I asked nearly the same question in a different post because yeah, I'm used to a red banner and I was wondering if I did something wrong or if it was truly down.

Asking a sincere question in a nice way should not be responded to with...

Haters can suck an aids dick and die slow.

This community is nicer and better than that.

TY Booch an Thump.

For as long as I have been a member usually the red banner is there after a patch. So I wasn't sure if it just was no longer being done for whatever reason. And since I cant check the forums everyday to see what's posted, I miss a lot of infos.

Most times I don't even know there was a patch and they have the new compile out and its a non issue. But sometimes I haven't played in awhile and I want to log in so I'm chomping at the bit.. so I pop on my browser and open Buggs up looking for the ever present red banner.

So .. Yes I can live without it...I wasn't having a stroke. I was just curious.

As for McNuk's comment, /shrug... I'm used to it. It is, sadly, what I have come to expect when posting on this site.

Not to say there are times when Im on a rant and don't need a good lambasting. :rolleyes:

The people who could put up the banner were:

Traveling/At work/Was at work and unable to remote home to do it at that moment, not necessarily in that order.

Up now.

The people who could put up the banner were:

Traveling/At work/Was at work and unable to remote home to do it at that moment, not necessarily in that order.

Up now.

Thanks!

Now I'm just hoping I don't have any corrupted character files on the server this time around...

Compile is down cause the developer(s) x-mas stocking is empty. Go donate if you haven't donated to the devs this year!!

First,

Go donate if you haven't donated to the devs this year!!

Werd, not only do these badass mother fuckers have a sick skill set, but they have to apply it to the build every patch. If mmobugs were owned by a multinational corporation, these ninjas would likely be pulling down some were between 70 and 100k a year, year end production bonus, and a parking spot with their name on it.

next
About MakoStreak's question...
I was under the assumption before today that there was an automated script in place which put the red banner of doom up when version mismatches were found.

I was under the assumption before today that there was an automated script in place which put the red banner of doom up when version mismatches were found.

No, it's a module on the backend that we have to turn on. The problem was I was at work at the time and when I remote home the forums are about text font size 4 which makes it impossible for me to see well enough to do it. Fry is unavailable for a bit and htw is... doing the things that an htw does. Was just bad timing. Far from automated.

No, it's a module on the backend that we have to turn on. The problem was I was at work at the time and when I remote home the forums are about text font size 4 which makes it impossible for me to see well enough to do it. Fry is unavailable for a bit and htw is... doing the things that an htw does. Was just bad timing. Far from automated.
Does that mean I'm a spider dev?

...spider dev, spider dev, does whatever a spider dev does...

Sorry guys, I'm USA at moment with family for holiday period. I'm going to be a little slower at responding to issues for a few weeks. Hopefully this is last update until new year, but guessing there might be at least one more. Spider dev has us covered though.

There will be a patch next week, if they are back to following the monthly update schedule , 2nd week of each month.