Search results

1. D

Legit place to buy a WoW account?

I haven't played a MMORPG in a long while and I'm getting that itch to pick one back up again and play it for two weeks and quit again. EQ is too hardcore for me, so it's out of the question. I will not use Playerauctions. Anyone else recommend a good site that vets people well and has a good...
  2. D

I've been using Playerauctions for years, never had a problem with them.

I've got about 15 feedback from buying various characters since 2009 or so, 100 percent positive, and on an old account from the early days of EQ I had about 25 feedback, with zero problems. (That account got closed because I refused to pay fees on a sale that was bought by a scammer who did a...
  3. D

EQMAC working on PC with an old PoP-era executable.

I thought this was pretty interesting, and would probably be easy for someone here to reproduce. I know jack about programming myself, but considering this guy did it in a few days, someone else can probably do it. Being as EQMAC is "accurately" stuck in the PC-PoP era, this might be fun for...
  4. D

Time required to move a character from a new account?

I bought a ranger here last week. It had to be moved to a new account before I could take it. Now, I want to server move it, but it's telling me that "This character does not qualify, blah blah blah." I've already paid for the $25 token. The line that comes up when you type /servertransfer...
  5. D

There seems to be a bit of buzz about EQMAC lately.

A few weeks ago a friend was talking about EQMAC and how it's stuck at Planes of Power, and how a resurgence of people were getting started on it. I even tried to find a character for him to buy here, but with no luck. It seems to be as close to "Classic EQ" as anyone is ever going to get...
  6. D

God I hate PayPal. Question.

I bought a mage on FV from someone here via the classifieds. Not realizing it, I forgot to re-add my credit and debit card after they both expired. My fault. So I paid the money, and it sent him an E-Check, which said it won't clear until the 7th, instead of sending money instantly. So, now...
  7. D

Weapon rounding bug fixed this patch.

I've read a little about this on Monkly Business and elsewhere, but I'm still not entirely sure what the implications of it being fixed are. Here's what I gather: 1. It makes weapons scale better now, i.e. some weapons that look better by ratio will actually BE better now, instead of being...
  8. D

Question about transferring characters (EQ1)

I just bought Omiime's cleric earlier (very fun, by the way, cleric solo ability is nuts now with that VoV spell.) Anyway, I changed the billing information over to mine, and the registration to my e-mail address, etc. Is it safe to go ahead and sign up for the transfer with my credit card...