Search results

1. Skook

Which Class do you think needs help

I personally would not like to see any existing classes become obsolete, (although if a bonfire was made using all Bard instruments it wouldn't hurt my feelings), but I think all classes have their uses without any improvements. When a brand new player starts playing EQ for the first time, he...
  2. Skook

Pre Paid Visa

All my UF expansions were bought with prepaid VISA's I just had to "add source" to the CC info on account and then use that source to buy the expansion. But I had to go back in after and change the "current source" which takes the monthly subscription fees to EQ, back to it's original CC. I even...
  3. Skook

Surge of Ironvines Rk. II limits ??

Thanx for pointing something out, that I obviously didn't notice when I looked at that Lucy info the first time. I promise I'll drink more coffee before I look the next time :)
  4. Skook

Surge of Ironvines Rk. II limits ??

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Druid DS spell Surge of Ironvines Rk. II is limited to so many melee strikes, etc. If I cast it on my war in a place like Valde, the buff timer goes it's full length (1:45 from my druid), but when I cast it on a monk tanking trash mobs in Foundation, the...
  5. Skook

Pet's and logging

Not sure if I missed any news on a past patch, having anything to do with pets (with their buffs), disappearing after you log, but just logged in one of my old pet class toons, for the first time in a long time. (lower level toon), and the pet was still there with weapons and buffs ? Or was this...
  6. Skook

Character server transfers and new accounts

I have no idea if it's new. My first time doing a transfer on a new account. I had 3 different GM's reply to my emails, each with their own theories to the problem, but the 3rd one passed it on to tech support. Someone from tech support emailed me today with the reason for the problem.
  7. Skook

Character server transfers and new accounts

This is for those who, like me, didn't know. I had a toon on one account that I wanted to put on a new account of his own, (for boxing reasons) and also transfer him to another server. I made the mistake of moving him to a new account before I did the server transfer. Tried to do a potion...
  8. Skook

computer cpu ?

Darkon is right. I have changed many parts with Win XP as an OS, and only once did I have to wipe the drive, when I put a new MB in. I even changed a cpu on a pvp800se board and booted up with standard message "Windows has found new hardware"
  9. Skook

Problem with merc tank

Well, I tried that, it didn't work at all.
  10. Skook

Problem with merc tank

Ok, I'll try this tonight, but just so you have a better idea of the group layout; Group One - His Monk(puller), my war, his rogue, shaman, cleric and merc cleric. Group Two - My druid w/merc tank, my monk w/merc cleric and his beserker. He pulls mob with monk, then my war, monk and his bezerker...
  11. Skook

Problem with merc tank

My druid's merc tank will function normal in a regular group. Puller brings mob to camp - merc attacks mob. Lately, two of us, have been running 2 groups (not raid), but boxing toons and mercs killing Underfoot named for gear and clays. My druid is in the opposite group of puller, but even...
  12. Skook

Looking for a good plat website link

Well, their plat supply on my server was out, but they had some on another server, so I transferred a toon over to get the plat and, your right, they give great service. I'll probably use them again, thank you :)
  13. Skook

Looking for a good plat website link

Does anyone know a good website link for buying plat ? Last couple I tried kept telling me for a week, they are out of stock, lol (others dead links) I CAN NOT buy through players here, because I don't/won't use paypal. (I use a credit card only). I was a steady customer at one site until they...
  14. Skook

Live Chat (IRC) Info

mIRC ? Just curious, if one can use an old IRC program like mIRC (like we used to use when joining networks like DALnet, etc) ? I used that one back in the mid 90's and still have a copy around here somewhere, lol
  15. Skook

MQ2Melee command question?

Kewl, thank you very much. That will come in handy.
  16. Skook

MQ2Melee command question?

Just curious, of all the MQ2melee commands, such as /melee agro=on for example, once you type a command, does that feature stay on permanent ? Or do you have to enable it each time you log on ?
  17. Skook

New harddrive ?

I've always been happy with Maxtor, opinions will vary though.
  18. Skook

lag

Thank you for the detailed info, it's a better understanding of the numbers. Mine totaled 297 ms on the last line. Two of my 3 puters run two instances of EQ, one of them has 3 gigs ram and runs both fine, except the zoning is slow. The other puter is an old dell 2.4ghz with 1.75 gigs ram, but...
  19. Skook

lag

I ran this same command from your advice, with my server name, it came up with 16 lines, each line with 3 columns of numbers (xx or xxx ms). What is the combination I am adding up here for a total ?
  20. Skook

runspeed

Thank you for that tip, I never knew how to set speed back to normal, I goofed up one time, had it set to 250 for a task, but forgot when I ran through the pok, got lucky, nobody said anything, lol