Bard AFK Macro Walthrough 1/18/08 (70-75 added)

cant use AE? so i use DD instead? if i believe the refresh time is like 30 seconds on a bards nuke

No you can not use AE songs on moving targets anymore. SoE nerfed that back when PoP came out because bards were too over powered in swarm kiting.

You need to use the single DoT type songs. Stack up 4 of them, take the mob down and your mac should switch to the next, rinse repeat.

I'm new, and trying to tweak this to do a few things.

First off, I have 2 melodies already set up for AFK kiting. The first (the long one) is a melody of DoTs and selos. The second is Selo's Consonant Chain (snare) and a couple DoTs for when the mobs begin to run.

Traditionally I find a target and start autocircling manually, then start the first melody. Then I can go AFK for awhile. I check back every 5 minutes and start the second melody when the mob is at about 20%. Mob dies, I repeat.

Now I want to figure out a way for MQ2 to do the mob finding for me. This code seems like a good start, and I can get it to target nearby mobs no problem, but there are some other issues:

Code:
|#turbo  

Sub Main  

:loopstart 

/doevents 
/call GM
/if (${Target.Level}>63) /tar npc next
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /target clear 
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220   
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=10) /potionbelt Activate 1
/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=20) {
   /melody 2 9 3 4
} else {
   /melody 2 3 8 4 5 6 7 2 3 1
}
/delay 10
/goto :loopstart  
/return   

Sub GM  
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/beep
/beep
/beep
/exit
}  
/return

The melody keeps restarting even when a valid target is in range. This is expected, but I'm new at this so I don't know if there's a way to call something like:

Code:
/if ${Me.AmISinging}==TRUE

If there is I think I'll be able to start a melody going only when one isn't already.

Try something like this (not tested, but it should work...I think):

Code:
|#turbo  

Sub Main  
/declare snaring bool outer false
/declare killing bool outer false  

/doevents 
/call GM
/if (${Target.Level}>63) /tar npc next
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /target clear 
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar NPC radius 220   
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=10) /potionbelt Activate 1
/if (${Target.PctHPs}<=20) {
   /if (!${snaring}) {
      /melody 2 9 3 4
      /varset snaring true
      /varset killing false
   }
} else {
   /if (!${killing}) {
      /melody 2 3 8 4 5 6 7 2 3 1
      /varset killing true
      /varset snaring false
   }
}
/delay 10
/return   

Sub GM  
/if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {
/beep
/beep
/beep
/exit
}  
/return

This is what i use:

I use this macro:

Code:
#turbo     

Sub Main  

/doevents  
/call GMcheck  
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=45) /potionbelt Activate 1
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<=60) /potionbelt Activate 2
/if (${Target.Level}>75) {
/squelch /twist stop
/target npc next
/delay 30
/squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5 6
}
/if (${Target.Distance}>220) /tar npc radius 220 
/if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /tar npc radius 220  
/delay 10  
/return  

Sub GMcheck  
 /if (${Spawn[gm].ID}) {  
 /echo Gm detected  
 /beep 
 /beep 
 /beep  
 /keypress 9 
 /endmac 
 /unload 
 /q  
 }  
 /return

Just find a place you want to afk level:

/plugin mq2moveutils
/plugin mq2twist
/circle on <what ever (35+)>

Sit back and watch you level =)

Last edited:
you shouldnt need snare if in a decent spot, if you have 2 or more mobs, they wont run. but you coming back every 5 minutes defeats the purpose of afk. and /twist works better than melody :)

Haha didnt even noticed it was there =)

On the target macro how can I add a line so it doesnt target any level 1 mobs, aka broken stoneworkers in Rcod.

put this in your main loop.

Code:
/if (${Target.Level}<2) {
/squelch /twist stop
/target npc next
/delay 30
/squelch /twist 1 2 3 4 5 6
}

Trying to find a simple bard afk macro that works for mobs that do run when they hit 20% regardless if there are 20 of them bunched up- None of the stuff here actually works. trying all the complies-

Can some one make an afk macro with the ability to swarm kite rather than slow dot afk?

/target npc
/gem slot 1=charm
/if mob is below 20% switch hotkeys from drum to another instrument to break the mez
/f8=closest mob
/twist dots=finish it off
/rinse repeat.

I thought they broke bard dots so that you or it had to be in the same spot from start to end of cast for it to land on a mob? Was I misinformed?

Where is a good place to afk kite mobs-from 70-75? done the murks in dranik for some time but now need new place.

Best spot I've found so far to kite 70+ is the lost gnomes instance in Drachnid Hive. Use MQ2Map along with some sort of HUD to identify the casters in the instance, aggro everything else you can safely aggro. Drag all the mobs back to the door. Hit your DA song and /circle 55. Start up the targeting macro from page one and you're gtg for a few hours.

Keep in mind that if you get casters in your kite, it's gonna hurt. They're wizzy's or necros and WILL snare you, and put the hurt on with some mean DD spells. Best to fade off the bunch and try to gather a good clump of non casters.

If you run out of mobs in all the rooms, you can /open all the cocoons while /stealth...whatever is in it won't aggro and you can come back through unstealthed and aggro all the mobs and leave the gnomes. Once all the mobs are dead you can /say "follow me" to each gnome to win mission and get whatever cursor/chest loot is awarded. If you /say "follow me" while stealthed, and the gnome aggroes a mob, the game recognizes the gnome as your pet. If/when the gnome dies, the mob will aggro your character at the point you /stealthed. Be warned.

Doesn't hurt to being a looter, I looted seven maleable loams in two clears last week.

I'm getting back into EverQuest again, I am going to let everyone know that I will be updating this again as I have another bard at level 43

Welcome Back

I have a 40 bard I'm going to start leveling with this in the next day or two.

Will post any interesting findings.

took a while to get used to it but i finally got the /circle and twist and mq2bardswap all set up, but im on progression and my char gets eaten up trying to do valor at 55, was wondering if there was a slow zone that was easier and more open since I dont really have that great of gear, found the spot in valor and it'd work great if i could live thru more than like 5 hits haha :) any help would own thanks in advance!