ideas how to level fast

charm of lore macro take you to lvl 17 at least on any class. Takes less then 30 minutes to run 3 people through it.

Going to be leveling up some new toons I soon I think. This is a good thread. Thanks.

3 Boxing.

So if u 3 box, i would sugguest, Tank class( WAR / SK /Pally) I can give some point of views of each one and with the new level cap lift too

1 class to think about TANKS.

1. Warrior, Mostly useless grouping as there epic is 90% useless (Fellowship HP auras, Guild banner HP aura over rides it) only nice part of the Warrior epic is the Magic DD shielding u get from it(casted on warrior only). Over all not worth doing or provide much use to really work on it. Tho when it comes to AFK (MQ2 Melee taunt / kick assisting) makes holding agro easy without having to use a /mac command like with SK / Pally. Most or a large part of a warriors agro comes from the AAs / Weapon procs (Agro procs / stuns) Infused by Rage ect all help as they are proced by just auto attacks.
Just be warned if you dont gear this warrior and get him all the highest AC augs with HP on them (most prefed augs with STA / STR / AGI herocis too) they will do nothing for you...so u will find yourself regearing youre warrior left and right each 5 levels (at 70 75 80 85 ect)upgrading only after u nail 6K or higher AC unbuffed dose upgrades slow down so if u raid, raid as a warrior with zerker/shm alts ect But the main down side is Warriors in groups / group gear/weapons CANT match a Pally / Sk in terms of self healing as warriors dont have anything to help.

I would run with if u dont raid...as a SK and Pally, vs Warriors. Sk's can pull if u get another tank in group or tank themselfs, the SK has a nice epic click that heals them and all others in group making melee attacks. upto 70% of ur total damage u deal I think too. So nice to have...I remember having 3 SKs in 1 group in a raid with a druid healer and the druid was prasing as the SK epics in rotation were healing the meleers just fine. Pallys got a healing part aswell if its from procs, self heals or procs from defence procs they can assist the main healer in group to keeping there HPs up...which is always nice on the healer.

2. Part of HEALS!

Now a days, healers are all almost even (CLR / SHM / DRU) but by far with the number of fast heals or ways to keep HPs up using the smallest number of mana points would be the cleric with AAs/ epic clickys.
But if u would like to travel more and always have a way to get levi druid is quicker as they do port around which usually means less running around for each boxed toon, and druids after a while get a massive damage shield with nice healing, druids can also snare, and kite if u want solo EXP without loading all the toons or feel lazy and dont want to set up an EXP group tanking.
Shamans I find the most useful now as the Mercs are able to cast MOST important CLR buffs and the RK2 versions which in most cases is easier then dealing with the druid / clr buffs as I think the CLR / SHM buffs are more important in terms of granting better HP AC END and more DPS for the meleers in group. Shamans can slow, and beef up the melee DPS massively there epic is priceless with a HoT, along with there AAid HoT and casted HoTs they prodive a decent HOT they also heal nicely now aswell with twin procs and maxed Healing AAs they heal as good as druids and match clerics if they are out of group of there target (its been tested) Shaman is my pick as a second boxed toon as a caster if ur using SK / Pally healer (even warrior tank too)

3, Class to think about DPS

As ive seen Rogs are the best AFK Dps with RHelper very simple to set them on crew control to privode a good chuck of DPS tho rogs have started to fall to the back in terms of RAID dps as Nerocs / BST / Zerker has really picked up in that department...down side to ROG or any Melee dps is a weapon gotta collect the best weapons with the best damage augs to give a good range of DPS

Zerker in HoT expasion has become really over powered with there weapons damage augs going over 10 damage (there is a 11 and 13 now too) So not only dose the main weapon that could have a 13 damage aug, but your 2 other possible ones (blunts and Pricers or Slashing) can have a 11 and 10 damage aug which are nice. There are some macs on this site that can make them just as AFK DPS mosters too. But Zerkers to me dont depend on as much work as ROG would but at the end would pump out the same and at times more DPS (as Im told these zerkers are pimp masters setting the bar at 20 to 30K DPS easy with just a HoT weapon and UF raid gear)

And finally, with a shaman as a bot u would need to keep in mind that melee dps would do u the most use. If u want u can pick up a 3rd class as a caster...Mage is great as the pet is a tempory back up tank if main guy gose down, and can still be ramped up by the shaman DPS abilitys ontop of which. The mage can cast other mini pets for burns, and DPS with DD spells aswell...tho there is a mac bot for wizzards tho they do get agro if ur not careful they can be good for DPS but are done in terms of DPS if they run out of mana as is the down side to INT casters...atlease melee dps can still auto attack.

Places I would use to Level as a 3 box team (non PL)
1-25 Crecsent Ranch
25-40(MAX) Lower Guk / Great Divide (the tunnles with the Tizmax goats)
40 - 65(AA at 65 too) Nadox East side from 35ish to 55 ish then west side of lava river upto 65. Upto this point most bazaar gear Defiant gear will tide you over until 70 to 75 when u can work on 1.5 and 2.0 epic. As for lvl 70 to 80 I would try all over...Farm in DSH is nice until 75 i would say then try The hive in Dodh expasion upto lvl 80 or PoFire from 75 to 85 after that, just AAs until you get about 2K on each toon.

Gearing ideas to use (in small family guilds where you are mostly on youre without alot of plat.)

Level 1 - 70
Defiant gear I would sugguest be best as it drops as u go about leveling, and try hot zones for hot zone augs to help some aswell as u level
71 - 80
I would try to camp zones that just gift afew drops for you, a good place to try afew items for free or cheap is DSH in farm or other low level camps they have afew clickys here and there that do nice...once u got the AAs to hold out in 80ish zones Bloodmoon keep and other zones that drop (mech Guaridan is good keeps u clear of random haters who petition anyone who is in there "Camp" when they log in.) As some people might use /macs or warps /gate at times its best to know the zone is clear of anyone who is willing to /petition because they are a 13 year old who isnt getting there way to petition because they can cry to someone and sony will reply making them feel better about themselfs lol.

LEVEL 85
after that if u can manage the load road upto lvl 85
If you are using the warped steel or alloy stuff with Cores from SoF u should be able to hold out well enough and long enough to take out T3 mobs for ur T3 essense and T4 essences for all 3 toons once u get done with ur SoD progression u can finish up ur T5 essences as u AAs and get spells to use for lvl 85 as u might be there awhile getting group progression and catching up on AAs. Once u finish up SoD line move into UF getting the lower end to mid range of UF group gear / augs there is alot there to offer you

Convort group gear

After u find a way to get UF group flaged farm the T8 group gear its just below tower gear with nice clickys. Once u get youre 3 toons finished up with Convort gear / augs u should be ready to move into HoT flagging or zones as u can handle it now. Just keeping in mind most people right now dont have HoT so I made this guide to avoid the forced used of needing plat or needing HoT to really get geared. This whole guide leveling AAs gearing should take upto 6 months to get all 3 toons to the same place Group progression for SOD UF Level AA all about the same. If u take these steps and dont have HoT u will find it useful to keep you busy.

Just always keep in mind that gearing up the tank frist will make things easier for you for when ur not as lucky to help higher end guilds around (during there raid times) U can atlease tank the mobs / named so u can keep gear rolling in...I would even sugguest if u can level upto lvl 90 after having enough AAs to do so as higher levels gives you more AAs to buy / use and any gear rotting / for sell in general chat channles for the tank.

Last edited:
1. Warrior, Mostly useless grouping as there epic is 90% useless

Thats a bad reason to not want a warrior. There are two classes that even use their epic to have a huge effect and thats clerics and necromancers.

I would go with a warrior, they can sustain 7kdps in a group np all night long. 15-20k on burns. Plus they tank the best.

My 3 box combo would be Warrior, Shaman, Ranger. then 2 dps mercs and 1 cleric merc.

I dont know what weapons you use but from UF raid weapons (1h or 2h weapons) with damage augs a warrior will not pump out past 5K DPS without discs and even less with defence AAs going at times....if ur burning ya maybe for a moment on a group mob with raid weapons from HoT with damage augs u might see a 15K DPS prase but i dout it warriors arnt that great they have 3 DPS discs max and there 3rd and final one only makes it so the mob cant block parry repost ect for 30 seconds or so lol.

If U can provide a RAID mob from Convort / UF or HoT raids with warrior hitting over 5K DKP (passing known DPS classes aka Monk ROG Zerker druid? and others) then maybe u got a point. But coming from a stand point of using group gear with group augs and AAs warriors really is my last pick for groups if im only a group level player. If I was a raid level player who got to farm Fear itself raid gear for my warrior then sure, but not everyone gots the time for that or is in a guild that can get into that zone and farm it. Im a warrior myself in my former playing days and I know warriors from UF stand point are about 5K with using discs easy anything higher its because they are using all disc and DPS AAs and its a short DPS fight lol. 2 DPS discs arnt gonna get a warrior much higher on DPS. Read the Thread its about leveling fast and a grouping guide line mostly. But as I saw from the 1 month i played in HoT, group wise u are better off being a SK or Pally then a warrior as warrior provides no big advanage in a group setting without having a mass ton of raid gear and max AAs.(the raid gear being from HoT not UF or lower too)

I'm curious about SK vs Pally? I've played a level 85 SK, or was it 80? Whatever level SoD was. Had about 1200 AA, so nothing crazy, but man, the self healing was amazing. Plus nice poison nukes, but the lifetaps is what was so good.

I assume Pally's have things just as similar? I've not played a paladin in a long long time. How has that class come together? What's their cool mechanic? Self heal procs from AAs? Or nothing really that cool other than better heals so they can off heal in raids or something?

I'm curious about SK vs Pally? I've played a level 85 SK, or was it 80? Whatever level SoD was. Had about 1200 AA, so nothing crazy, but man, the self healing was amazing. Plus nice poison nukes, but the lifetaps is what was so good.

I assume Pally's have things just as similar? I've not played a paladin in a long long time. How has that class come together? What's their cool mechanic? Self heal procs from AAs? Or nothing really that cool other than better heals so they can off heal in raids or something?

Paladins got quite a dps bump in latest expansion- quite a few aa's for dps burns and a few new discs. They have aa's that proc heals both on stun casting and on tanking- helps quite a bit.

Ive leveled both SK and Pal to max level/AAs and enjoyed both. I prefer classes that can FD as a main. But if it is an alt, then you cant go wrong with either.

Paladins can chain an AA nuke that does 5k base damage, with maxed AAs it hits for nearly 15k. They get an innate group heal proc whenever they do stuns via AA that heals for over 4k on crits to entire group. almost always crits with maxed AAs and goes off a shit ton. They also get innate heals via swinging and a buff to innate heal on taking hits. Combo chain stunning that locks mob down and heals group with their now nearly equivalent dps of SK, they are quite potent. Just remember they are defensive based skills. They also get the bonus of group heals/single target heals. if you are running with single healer, this can be a big difference.

Sk will be better for offensive/pulling and the ability to FD. AE hate isnt even as big of a deal now that pal get an AA version on longer reuse.. but its good enough for 1 every other pull if you are pulling multiple mobs. SK 2.0 is wicked awesome though. In an "oh shit" situation, the SK is more likely to live for a longer time thanks to the number of tricks in their bag ability to burn bigger. Paladin has closed the gap though by a large amount. SK also get group mana/lifetaps so if you are caster heavy.. its a perk.

Bottom line: If i only had 1 healer and it was a merc.. id go pally. If I had no other puller, I would go sk. Otherwise it is a toss up.

Thanks for the informative post everquest45. I made me a shm/bard and zerker. i got me clr tank melle dps mercs. May not be the ideal setup but i am sure it will do for a long time. I am lvl 55 now and got 60aas on all the toons. I get about 7aas per night afk leaving the mercs up, not sure if thats cosher or not but thats what i do when i am off. I am not sure if its worth for me to continue to level up or to keep as many aas as i can in low levels. Not sure i can get the same amount of the aas on higher level. My tank merc can keep 4 mobs busy while the melle kills them. The only problem is that the respawn rate in most zones are quite slow. Cant recall what zone have a higher spawn rate and for what levels.

Last edited:
If U can provide a RAID mob from Convort / UF or HoT raids with warrior hitting over 5K DKP (passing known DPS classes aka Monk ROG Zerker druid?

Either you are not in a decent guild, or you havn't played EQ since HoT came out. Using Edge of oblivion easily gets that in groups and if you are tanking the raid mob. Using the T4 axe will push you a little higher.

Also, if your monks, rogues, zerkers, rangers, beastlords (yes, beastlords) aren't doing 4 or 5 or 6 times that 5k dps, then you need new players... rangers can easily do 20-30k on normal burns... wizards/necros can go higher.

as I said in past posts id like to see warriors out prasing those DPS classes (granting the DPS class dosent die) on normal bases...I havent raided since HoT came out so I dont see raid DPS anymore but Warriors hitting 5K DPS seems possible but not likely if he is a good warrior he wouldnt being DPS burning until after he si done tanking or not assigned to be tanking at all...I use to be a damn fine warrior and ya I prased alittle low but I knew its more important to see those 9K 10K and 20K DPSer alife by picking a mob up if the MT dies then to try and outprade a lowly app with group gear...if ur warriors are trying to out prase DPS, please get new DPS players 1 and 2 get new warriors who know what the role of a "Tank" class turely is.

who know what the role of a "Tank" class turely is
maintain aggro- check
stay alive- check
dont be a mana sponge- check

gravy:
being able to put out dps that makes others wonder if they are slacking-priceless

last raids i did were SoD and quite often warriors were in top 5 back then (the MT)
hint1:harder to put up big numbers if u dont have mobs undivided attn :)
hint2:dead tank doesnt parse well.....

monks, rogues, zerkers, rangers, beastlords (yes, beastlords) aren't doing 4 or 5 or 6 times that 5k dps

I struggle getting big numbers out of zerk and monk and as much as id like to see my bst do 20-30k never seen it, has alot to do w macros and holys i use im sure, by far the easiest massive dps is ranger even sustained, everyone else is like IF u have these buffs or songs, IF u have this disc ready, IF u time this w that, rangers go 11-15k avg and 30k+ bullseye w out alot of work.

Id love to get 20k+ consistently out of those other classes.

What tactic can druids use to PL a lower lvl...like a lvl 20?

/rs Brath in 205s Warrior Awesome897k @5502dps

Thats from couple weeks ago. Tanked brath 100% of the time third spire, hold the line and 0 dps disc or AA used. As you can see it wasn't a short fight either. I never said warriors will beat out real dps classes, you did. I simply said they do dps and tank better. If your warriors dont use DPS discs they are pretty retarded. One hotkey will pickup the mob in an instant and gives you time to get into defensive disc.
Line 1. Flash of anger
line 2, Ageless anmity
Line 3 Blast of anger
Line 4 Projection. or Rage of Zek.

warrior pushing out 5k-10k and alert > tank doing 2k thinking he knows what he is doing by waiting to press his taunt button! If your guild is tank heavy like mine is warriors pushing to do everything their best really shows. We could have 12k dps from 6 warriors, or we could have 60k dps.

btw I was boxing 3 warriors in a guild, but a bit ago I downgraded to two warriors.

What tactic can druids use to PL a lower lvl...like a lvl 20?

Please give me an idea of some inconsequential posts I can make in multiple threads so I look less like a scammer.

who know what the role of a "Tank" class turely is
maintain aggro- check
stay alive- check
dont be a mana sponge- check

gravy:
being able to put out dps that makes others wonder if they are slacking-priceless

last raids i did were SoD and quite often warriors were in top 5 back then (the MT)
hint1:harder to put up big numbers if u dont have mobs undivided attn :)
hint2:dead tank doesnt parse well.....

monks, rogues, zerkers, rangers, beastlords (yes, beastlords) aren't doing 4 or 5 or 6 times that 5k dps

I struggle getting big numbers out of zerk and monk and as much as id like to see my bst do 20-30k never seen it, has alot to do w macros and holys i use im sure, by far the easiest massive dps is ranger even sustained, everyone else is like IF u have these buffs or songs, IF u have this disc ready, IF u time this w that, rangers go 11-15k avg and 30k+ bullseye w out alot of work.

Id love to get 20k+ consistently out of those other classes.

If u havent raided since SOD you are really behind in the amount of boosts classes like ZERKER and ROG and MONK and BSTs have gotten lately the new AAs discs and level cap increase most dps classes are stand out now from what they use to be. THe group gear matchs that of lower end raid gear from the last expasions now if not beating it in most cases...so that helps DPS on an overall note aswell. Even in UF the mobs in UF use to hit like a truck and at most times required even decent to well geared warriors to use shielding AAs and a shield half the time when they tanked this isnt SoD where us stood there with both weapons and tanked all the events just fine...the mobs got nasty in UF so putting up higher numbers as a MAIN tank isnt as highly possible as it once use to be sir...I can tell this has fallen off topic form where it started too lol.

/rs Brath in 205s Warrior Awesome897k @5502dps

Thats from couple weeks ago. Tanked brath 100% of the time third spire, hold the line and 0 dps disc or AA used. As you can see it wasn't a short fight either. I never said warriors will beat out real dps classes, you did. I simply said they do dps and tank better. If your warriors dont use DPS discs they are pretty retarded. One hotkey will pickup the mob in an instant and gives you time to get into defensive disc.
Line 1. Flash of anger
line 2, Ageless anmity
Line 3 Blast of anger
Line 4 Projection. or Rage of Zek.

warrior pushing out 5k-10k and alert > tank doing 2k thinking he knows what he is doing by waiting to press his taunt button! If your guild is tank heavy like mine is warriors pushing to do everything their best really shows. We could have 12k dps from 6 warriors, or we could have 60k dps.

btw I was boxing 3 warriors in a guild, but a bit ago I downgraded to two warriors.

The guild I was in usually had 10 clerics and 8 warriors pre raid on most nights...so i would say ya tank class heavy...along with 8 warriors usually 2 SK and 2 Pallys too. Brath is a short fight, and now its more of a joke then ever...seeing how now there are new AAs for HP AC END 5 new levels it is more possible to put up better numbers on lower end mobs...please display not a UF T6 mob that are all cake walks, but a convort or HoT where the new AAs may or maynot help as much. And I didnt put up 2K DPS i probly put up 4K DPS waitting to hit my taunt button. notice the 3 and 1/2 min fight and with that, thats probly on the burn fight only not counting start to finish as each wave of adds takes 1 to 2 mins to spawn pre round so its impossible to have 3 and 1/2 fight for brath start to finish seeing how u need to do a turn in to unlock his HPs lol. The numbers arnt as accuate as u might think....and on a final note, the FASTER a mob of any kind group / raid dies the HIGHER or BETTER any class looks as discs are finished or just finishing up so those higher numbers of 50 60 70K might still be there as time didnt take its toll on the DPS My rog maxed out at 16K DPS last expasion but her over all DPS from start to finish was near 7K half of what it is during my back stab freinzy stages beause time tooks it toll and leveled out my dps

Ok I get it, I'm on punked or something right? There is no way this person is really posting this stuff.

1. Yes, the faster you kill a mob the higher your DPS is going to be.... Thats how dps works!!! crazy...

2. You obviously dont realize how people parse and judging from all your posts i doubt you've raided since POP.

No that parse does not include the time or damage done during the waves of adds on brath, that is not the brath fight. My guild waits until brath moves to his final spot and we blow him up, its just how we do best on it. I parsed it myself, I was the tank, its 100% accurate unless somehow my computer doesn't receive damage messages I do.

I would post more parses of Tick Tock, Ritual of Terror, and more HoT stuff, but you obviously would find fault in them somehow. You've been proven wrong over and over. Warrior does dps, they are one of the best classes to box and they always will be since their strength comes from being in a group.