ZippZipp?

memphis

Reaction score
I noticed a link to Zippzipp's software forums on the front page of this site.

I noticed a very similar forum program....

I'm just wondering...looks like only thing he has that we don't have here is GhostKill, and since its frowned upon greatly by the great minds here (I have a great deal of respect for most of the people that work here and surf here) I'm just curious how he got front page space here...

Also...curious how dependable he is.

And finally, grinned to myself even he said the GK stuff was unsafe...

Thanks,

Memphis

His site is on here because while GK is frowned upon, Zipp is gonna give it to you straight and tell you, YOU WILL BE BANNED!

However he also offers several other AMAZING plugins!

He is the most trustworthy and honest guy that sells the "naughty"!

Well, it's like this:

We don't offer GK here for many reasons, some obvious, some not so obvious. Now, we know that a lot of people in the community want GK-type plugins. We would rather refer you to someone that we trust than you go off to some other site that only cares about you for the money you will spend.

As you stated, ZippZipp said it is unsafe. What other site gives you that warning?

While GK is not allowed on these forums does not mean people wont use it. The people who are are going to use it anyways should at least use a resonable version. Before we refered people to MQ2Slayer now they get refered to Zipps site.

Thing is Zipp has plugins better then GK. Gk is just what people who want a fast fix for stuff use. His other plugins are good for those who actually still play the game.

Wow fast answers :)

Ok, as I don't want to GK, or no-delay kill...and too damn lazy to make a monk or ranger to do it with anyway...

What does he have there that we don't have here? (besides GK)

I six-box on 4 computers and basically depend on MQ now, I don't even login if there's not a working version up...so I'm always looking for anything to make it easier..

Zippzipp is an honest guy and a brilliant coder.

Let's just say without him you wouldn't have a lot of the cool features you've come to love about MQ.

I am Evershawn and I approve this message.

We have working version for the paid peoples.

And can look at the list here and there and match and such, but one thing that sticks out is the clicky pluging, any class can click any item.

(nod) I saw the click any class item...

Tho one wonders how a rogue'd get a cleric 1.0...

I know there's dozens of other examples....making it a nice plugin

I must agree with the fact of ZippZipp being one amazing programmer and person! He is honest, straight forward and will help you as much as he can!

Stoneface

i dont pay for ZippZipp probrams any longer mostly due to the fact that i no longer need them but when i did i used his payed version over the free one that was offerd hear, he is a great guy to work with and has done and helped me do some custom work for me,,

Isn't it a shame when there are better EQ hacker coders than there are working for Sony?

Not saying the coders here are not great but it is easier to find the leak (or make one) in a boat than to design and build it...

I troubleshoot PLC and basic code as a major part of my job. Because I am capable of finding flaws and making modifications in their code does not make me a better programmer than they are...

For that matter how many here would take someone else's mac fine tune it and proclaim themselves better that the original author. Not me thats for sure.

(nod) I saw the click any class item...

Tho one wonders how a rogue'd get a cleric 1.0...

Well, doing the epic shrouded would work, although I read somewhere once that the system flags your character at each step of the epic, so once you start it you could actually revert back to your normal character for the vast majority of the quest (that might actually have been referring to the 1.5 and not the 1.0 though).

Careful about 1.5's and 2.0's... epics are listed as "Lore: Epic Weaponry" ... which might mean in order to finish the quest you would have to corpse bank your original epic 1.5/2.0... should you decide to do it. Also, the item has to be must equip. Clickable from inventory doesn't work I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).