wtf is this ?? computer tech question

Doug

Lifetimer
Reaction score
So, my other computer all of a sudden start's shutting itself down and giving me some nt/system error crap. I'm trying to get it fixed and all and seem to have it pretty cleaned up now. BUT ... I have an entry into my hijackthis log that I can't find any information on at all....

04 - Startup: aaaiocrj.t

what the hell is it ? I know it can't be good, cause it was never there before the problems started. Information from hijackthis says it can possibly be connected to .dll's and such. Although I can't get hijack this to kill it. Says it is attached to a running program.

So putting two and two together, I find I have GUARD.EXE running. No idea where this came from either. I can't seem to get rid of it or shut it down. (access denied)

I have checked and it seems like it might be harmless, still don't want it though, cause wtf, it's my pc =).

Anyway, I have panda, avg, spyware doctor, ad-aware, spybot, hijackthis, cwshredder, registry tookit, maybe one or two other programs I run when problems come up. Also recently downloaded killbox and haxfix. Ran haxfix to get rid of a different problem. Killbox seems to kill stuff =) , I'm just not sure I need to use it yet.

Any help would be great, I know there are a lot of smart computer people here !!

thanks !

Try using Avast anti-virus on it, then when your download for avast completes update and disconnect from the net all the way. Run avast and let it clean your system. Its a trojan/spyware and it sends your personal info to another computer somewhere in China. Good Luck with it.

Thanks , I'm go'ing to try that now.

Doug said:
So, my other computer all of a sudden start's shutting itself down and giving me some nt/system error crap. I'm trying to get it fixed and all and seem to have it pretty cleaned up now. BUT ... I have an entry into my hijackthis log that I can't find any information on at all....

04 - Startup: aaaiocrj.t

what the hell is it ? I know it can't be good, cause it was never there before the problems started. Information from hijackthis says it can possibly be connected to .dll's and such. Although I can't get hijack this to kill it. Says it is attached to a running program.

So putting two and two together, I find I have GUARD.EXE running. No idea where this came from either. I can't seem to get rid of it or shut it down. (access denied)

I have checked and it seems like it might be harmless, still don't want it though, cause wtf, it's my pc =).

Anyway, I have panda, avg, spyware doctor, ad-aware, spybot, hijackthis, cwshredder, registry tookit, maybe one or two other programs I run when problems come up. Also recently downloaded killbox and haxfix. Ran haxfix to get rid of a different problem. Killbox seems to kill stuff =) , I'm just not sure I need to use it yet.

Any help would be great, I know there are a lot of smart computer people here !!

thanks !

The NT System error you're getting is probably the cause of it crashing lsass or some shit.. you can manually abort the mandatory shutdown by clicking start, run, and type "shutdown -a"

The process you're unable to kill _is_ killable (just like any process in xp), but it's not killable from task manager.. download either one of these:

Process Master v1.2
Desc: Works like 'ps' for linux. Real great tool to have.

http://www.hxdef.org/download/pm12.zip

Process explorer 10.2
Desc: A good alternative to task manager. You can replace windows task manager with this, and I'd really recommend it for anyone. You can see whatever dll's an app uses, what strings are in the .exe, application threads, tcp connections, etc. The strings tab is great because it'll also show you whatever registry settings it's importing/modifying.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

Both of these apps will kill any process you're unable to kill in taskmgr. If you need any other help, just post.

sweet, thanks for the help

ran avg anitvirus again , just cause it updated when I loaded the computer and it found something, hit fix, and splat hehe, computer just went into a rebooting cycle ... fun stuff !!

couldn't get it too start with a boot disk, in safe mode or anything...

glad it isn't my main pc (it's the one my wife uses)

I decided to kill the whole thing (format) and will let it install the os again after I get back from the movies with the kids.

taking them to see the new tim allen move =)

anyway, thanks tons, you guys are just one of the many reasons I love MMObugs =)

Shovels ahoy for an old thread...

Last time I had a virus that windows / any windows based program couldn't remove, I made a KNOPPIX Live-CD. You can kill the virus files manually due to the fact they don't affect Linux.

Just an FYI for anyone who has issues like this. (Elite Toolbar comes to mind)