Where do you guys exp.

neeeewb

Reaction score
Besides doing tasks and missions where do you guys setup camp in RoF zones without much hassle. Named mobs and loot would be a plus but not a must. If it's instances that would be viable, something pretty solid to burn a lesson on would be ideal.

SL where cobalt pops is kind of nice and easy. Lots of mobs close by. But its pretty exposed as well.

There are couple spots in BG that are nice. Room full of mobs. But getting to the camps are a little harder with some see invis in spots.

Shadow has a great spot. Don't know the name of the camp but its a huge circular chamber. Mobs don't summon so folks who like to beam kite seem to use it. Again bit harder to get to because of see invis.

In zones that noone likes going too, Breeding Grounds is a great example. The last 2 sub zones of the expansion as well.

any heart of fear zone. namers are much easier than you'd expect. mez works well on yellow cons. If I need to make plat I go to SL and just murder namers. (t1 tradable gear, tainted feathers, planar energy shards, etc) I find it easier than BG myself.

Also in HOF zones those alaran things drop to power up your tear and the trash drops gear almost as good as the namers, sometimes better actually.

Last edited:
any suggestions on where to box still dont have new xpack, 6 boxing mnk/sk/bst/shm/clr/rng. need a VoA or before zone to kill in. everyone is 95 and sk is full VoA raid geared

any suggestions on where to box still dont have new xpack, 6 boxing mnk/sk/bst/shm/clr/rng. need a VoA or before zone to kill in. everyone is 95 and sk is full VoA raid geared

T3 and T4 HoThule zones are very underpopulated anymore. I'd bet that people hardly ever do progression now a days for the purpose to exp in those zones.

sensing sarcasm no one went to pillars for the most part

one of the shittiest zones in all of EQ

sensing sarcasm no one went to pillars for the most part

one of the shittiest zones in all of EQ

Doh, was hoping for a good VoA zone that no one goes to anymore. I like my privacy...

Beasts is real easy to pull, lots of mobs and usually empty. Valley is also super easy and is where I did most of my 80+ power leveling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Valley of Lunwhatever is hot zone too, which is a bonus. Not bad exp, but if you care about voa faction you have to watch what you kill. Full group of 6 we only get about 16AA per lesson burn because we can't reliably chain pull for the whole 30 min, gotta move a few times due to mobs being a bit sparse sometimes.

Windsong mission isnt too bad, Cacophy of Sound or whatever ... attune the lute pop mobs... do it multiple times, drop quest rinse repeat.

Shadow has a great spot. Don't know the name of the camp but its a huge circular chamber. Mobs don't summon so folks who like to beam kite seem to use it. Again bit harder to get to because of see invis.

Any more guidance on getting to this spot?

LOL I love to explore zones so I made an effort to reach it. IVU is necessary at higher levels since the mournful and wandering spirits are hostile and undead. I made my way to a fairly big area but it had partial walls and staircases so I don't think it's the room you mean.

Unfortunately, knowing your way around the original Vex Thal doesn't do much for finding your way thru Plane of Shadows. Are there click-portals to get to upper floors? I wandered every inch that I could access from the entrance but I know I've only seen a tiny portion of the zone. Anyone know of a guide to getting around this zone or anyone game to write one up?

:)

Any more guidance on getting to this spot?

LOL I love to explore zones so I made an effort to reach it. IVU is necessary at higher levels since the mournful and wandering spirits are hostile and undead. I made my way to a fairly big area but it had partial walls and staircases so I don't think it's the room you mean.

Unfortunately, knowing your way around the original Vex Thal doesn't do much for finding your way thru Plane of Shadows. Are there click-portals to get to upper floors? I wandered every inch that I could access from the entrance but I know I've only seen a tiny portion of the zone. Anyone know of a guide to getting around this zone or anyone game to write one up?

:)

The fun of the game is clearing those caves to find the right spot. At least it was for me.

I hear ya, Jim. You got a point. Clearing to a spot is a fun challenge. But right now I'm clueless on how to get there. I'm thinking there's a portal or two en route but I can't locate any.

/ponder

I hear ya, Jim. You got a point. Clearing to a spot is a fun challenge. But right now I'm clueless on how to get there. I'm thinking there's a portal or two en route but I can't locate any.

/ponder

Dungeon crawl the whole zone, learn it without a map. That is what I would do.

/ponder

Dungeon crawl the whole zone, learn it without a map. That is what I would do.

Kunark was one of my favorite times in all of EQ because of dungeon crawling without an ingame map. I was a puller, and so I had a stack of printed maps from EQatlas next to my computer, but that was about it. Memorizing all the nooks, crannies, corners, drop offs, etc. of dungeons was a blast (and frustrating as hell!).