Updates MQ2focii

TheLoog

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Buddy of mine, dragonbutt, has updated mw2focii to show the newer mod2's like kick, frenzy, spell dmg, etc It's posted to the vip board if you guys wanna take a look and include in mmo. Cheers.

ps. he also did an abbreviated mq2netbots for those of us who run custom macs and have a lot of ppl in BC. Wont work with autobot or modbot I think but for us it's the bomb. Or anti-bomb as it were.

Buddy of mine, dragonbutt, has updated mw2focii to show the newer mod2's like kick, frenzy, spell dmg, etc It's posted to the vip board if you guys wanna take a look and include in mmo. Cheers.

ps. he also did an abbreviated mq2netbots for those of us who run custom macs and have a lot of ppl in BC. Wont work with autobot or modbot I think but for us it's the bomb. Or anti-bomb as it were.

Thank you for the information. We do not take work from authors unless they give us rights to use their work. While we have MQ2Focii in our compile, it was from Drunkdwarf(sp?) which was original author who left community recently. If your friend says he wants his updates included in our compile, that is a'ok.

Ask him if it's okay for us to use his updates and I'll get it updated. Also if he wants an account here let me know.

Fry, I kinda forgot about this in the hustle of getting my house ready to sell, selling it, buying a new one, moving, etc. I just let Dragonbutt know to PM you.

I have taken over MQ2Focii from DrunkDwarf since he is leaving the community.

I have given permission for use as well.

As far as the NetBots goes, if you do not use Netbots to run your healing, my "chopped" version of netbots will allow you to use 20+ toons in BC for hours without it borking up BC, where as the Regular NetBots crashes BC with 10+ toons almost instantaneously. This allows BCbuffing among toons, handy for having all the bot crew in 1 bc to ensure everyone is buffed properly.

I am wondering though If I shouldnt rename it so that folks can pick which one they load, so they could have MQ2Netbots and MQ2NetBotsC or netchop, or nutbots, or something. basically netbots without all the health, endurance, mana, and other large update items being encapsulated, i believe i took it for 45+ encapsulated items down to around 20, it was a reduction by a little more than half in packet flow.

NetBots does a DoS attack on BC when you get a lot of folks connected.
20 toons means each person sends out 19 updates everytime your mana, hp, end, or bufftimer updates (which is always!) so you get 20x19 updates to your BC server constantly, or 380 packets from 100 bytes to 250 bytes a piece, it quickly overruns the BC and kills it. Even DoS attacks are not as efficient as netbots is at killing things :p