Upcoming enhancements to Spell[].Stacks, Target TLO, Me.Twincast, Me.GoM

PeteSampras

Your UI is fucking you. Stop using it.
Reaction score
FYI, whenever next compile is created, the following changes will go live. Should allow you to spice up your holyshits and macros some.

Me.Twincast - Updated to ignore healing twincast
Me.GoM - updated to ignore several misc "gift of" spells - returns as int of highest level free spell that you can cast

Spell[].Stacks updated to check songs too

Target. TLO updated to have the following members:
case Slowed: - target slowed?
case Rooted: - target rooted?
case Mezzed: - target mezzed?
case Crippled: - target crippled?
case Malod: - target malod?
case Tashed: - target tashed?
case Snared: - target Snared?
case Hasted: - target hasted?
case Aego: - target has aego/credence?
case Skin: - target has druid/rng skin?
case Focus: - target has sham/bst focus?
case Regen: - target has regen?
case Symbol: - target has symbol?
case Clarity: - target has clarity?
case Pred: - target has pred on?
case Strength: - target has ranger strength line on?
case Brells: - target has brells on?
case SV: - target has bst SV line on?
case SE: - target has bst SE line on?
case HybridHP: - target has bst/rng/pal hp buff on?
case Growth: - target has dru/shm or pal/sk growth line on?
case Shining: - target has clr Shining line on?

${Target.Slowed}

Returns as datatype TicksType with remaining amount of time on the buff/debuff. ${Target.Slowed.TotalSeconds}
Those Target TLOs are icon based, i tried to catch them all, but if something is giving false info, let me know and i will do some touch ups.

Target.Snared currently only checks for dru/ranger snare. i think i can add the nec/sk one but i need to test a couple things out first. There are a lot of spells with nec/sk icon but their snares all have "darkness" in the name as far as i know and i can check against that, but i need to know if any spells with darkness in name have that icon. doing my homework.

EDIT: there are a bunch of spells with darkness in them that are not snares that have the same icon as the darkness line for sk/nec. so either i can pretend they dont exist and give a false positive (not snared, says it is), or i can ignore them and give a false negative (is snared, says it isnt). Currently does false negative.

Last edited:
Admittingly I don't know shit as to what is possible or the difficulty to add these type of things, but I'm curious as to why it checks against the icon. Would it be possible to get the spell ID, then check against each SPA that spell has?

I really like the possibilities that will come from this, either way. Thanks a bunch!

compare against 1 icon against a single number vs compare against 500 SPA x the number of buffs. i imagine the spa compare would take longer.

Just to note for people that want to use these. Use caution on using them too quickly after targeting a mob.

It's nice to have this in a plugin, but the inherit lag with target buffs is still going to be present. When using methods of icon identification in macros like this before, I've observed that it can sometimes take upwards of 2 seconds for the full target buff list to get reported to your client from the server. If that full buff list is not updated on your client yet, and you check, these TLOs could possibly return erroneous values. It's ultimately why I stopped using icon identification in my macros for time critical functions like mezzing and such, the delay was simply to long at times.

They are still really nice additions though Pete! I'm assuming these changes are to the MMOBugs compile only?

Yes, there is a delay, takes about .1 second usually to update. I write into my macros for buff purpose to target a person for 1 second or until they have a buff count to ensure the target buff window has populated.

As far as getting it into vanilla compile: I posted them on the main site, had no takers wanting to test it, so i tested it myself and put it in ours. Something about leading a horse to water.

I am going to add more members for ranger (pred/str), bst(sv/se), paladin (brells) buffs as well as an option to see if any of those type2 HP buffs are on someone. I may also be able to add one for dru/rng/mag damage shields. or be more inclusive and do one for all damage shields.

The goal for the Target. stuff would be for buffing toons or for debuffing mobs that you already have on target. You would then know not to send pets if mezzed or maybe not to nuke if you arent a tank. etc. It obviously cant be used for adds due to requiring a target.

I will start those additional members now and probably get them completed tonight. im on lunch break at the moment and fat girls gotta eat.

Also, the Target. stuff is just a phase 1 of an idea i have to help macro writers. I will then add a corresponding Spell[].Member for each of the Target ones. Then you can do:
/if (!${Target.Malod} && ${Spell[blah].Malo}) /cast blah
/if (!${Target.Aego} && ${Spell[blah].Aego}) /cast blah

Should make things a little easier and then you can automate a solid chunk of spell detection without a bunch of complex coding. There are some other things I would like to knock out too that I have always done through macros but don't need to be done that way.

Last edited:
Added:
case Pred: - target has pred on?
case Strength: - target has ranger strength line on?
case Brells: - target has brells on?
case SV: - target has bst SV line on?
case SE: - target has bst SE line on?
case HybridHP: - target has bst/rng/pal hp buff on?
case Growth: - target has dru/shm or pal/sk growth line on?
case Shining: - target has clr Shining line on?

updated Target.Snared to return true for SK/nec snare. The other ones with darkness on them are NPC cast spells, so it shouldnt ever be an issue. Modified Target.Focus to check for int caster shield line and cleric armor of line since those dont stack either.

Wrote out the accompanying Spell TLO member but dont have time to test it until tomorrow night. Going to have it be slightly different than what i said.

Spell[blah].BuffType

That will return Aego, Skin, Malo, Tash, etc for the ones i put in. It will certainly give false positives (theres over 30k spells and only ~255 icons) in some cases so it will need to be sanity checked in whatever line of code you use.

I knocked out TLO members for all the common buffs/debuffs that I remember, if anyone remembers any others that are commonly used, let me know and i can create them.