Underfoot Help

jestisp

Reaction score
Could this group handle UF progression at all?

85 Sk buffs to 36k 4800ac
81 Wizard 1400 aa mostly in doing dmg
80 Shaman 400aa in healing/dots
85 T5 Merc Cleric
81 T4 Merc Cleric
78 Enchanter 200aa

also any of the names that drop the lowest tier armor for this expansion?

Tank is weak for UF. And cleric mercs in UF Suck!

I know the mercs suck, best i got, shaman concentrating mostly on healling AAs now. Almost fully cultural once i get the augs for it, but that will only put me at about 31k unbuffed 4700ac........Not sure without raiding what else to do, have boomerang for non visible pieces.

I got into UF with cultural on my tank I think really only way in grouping. You will need lots of dps though! For your tank do the cultural and boomer gear to start off. I 3 box war, wizz and a chanter. My firend boxes a shammy, mage and puller monk/bard. At first out everything you can into the tank. After gearing the tank throw all the loot into your shammy. You can get away with using the mercs in group till the shammy gets geared up after that dump the tier 4 merc for the shammy. PG is a good place to gear the shammy with tier 6 gear. replace the cultural with tier 7 (it's better) as you can. can get very frustrating but very possible! I need 1 more task to get into tier 8.
merc's will have to go so the sooner you get a cleric going the better and you will need one in tier 8...
Oh! Level the chanter you will need him big time -:)

cultural is about equal to tier 7 i think, (ac augs will be vital)

block complete heal and promised renewal (see other thread on mercs)

chanter is pointless (wont be able to paci or mez anything) so hell be doing haste and crack? (lvl him and hell at least stun some trash mobs)

shaman (lvl him so he can get counterbias) and hell earn his keep enough

wizard will be useful but this aint SoD the big numbers arent there like they were prior

get people to get u the tasks or show u how to do them... if u have no idea

u may get thru alot of the missions but some u probably wont win depending how far u intend to go

brells temple will suck
husk will suck
lichen (last mob is sucking)
fungal forest will suck

alot will depend on how good u bot too or how much experience u have in handling diff types of mobs

hope that helps and gl

Well I play the Sk, and I macro the shaman, and the wizard. I cant really afford to go with a 4th account to have a cleric instead of mercs, but just hearing its semi possible is good. I have already set up with the "smarter" merc healing, and its working well, just not sure what else I could do to up my dps anymore. I can switch the Enchanter out for a Monk thats about it.

your tank's hp is about the same as mine.... im around 37k and 5500ac.. i do ok, thats with 2 merc healers a shamy a cleric and rogue and monk, have a chanty that im lvling now which is in his 80's , as soon as i learn hwo to play him im going for progression, right now ive just been camping in the foundation kiling the masters, all of my alts are close to 30k mana, and 35k hp, monk and rogue average around 2.5k dps or so

gearing up in a tier b4 you move on is a great idea (if u can handle tier 6 named move on to tier 7) when u can handle tier 7 named youll be fine doing tier 8

the chanter thing is kinda iffy, slows are covered, even if u could do cc it would be better to have single pulls, you may not live thru adds by time cc happens

use the chanter to buff and do a diff dps class in its place, ideally one that isnt going to take a ton of work b4 it starts putting out for your grp.

a mage comes to mind (air pet for mitigating) coth assistance for pulls, and the pets are great w their aas in place but dont suck out of the box (pet focus vs gearing a toon can be faster), also i think fire pet is modest dps out of the box (nuking)

Last edited:
Sorry dude no way , with that setup it will take u nearly 6 hours to do every mission and u will most likely wipe on every named, if not some trash. Get the tank his missions for t9. Get him some gear from T9 , maybe get outside dps and u will be g2g. GL

The enchanter is a buddy of mine, and he can be exchanged for his monk for dps instead.

Melee dps in group content sucks even in UF. No rogue, monk or any type of melee is going to come close to the dps of a wizz/mage/chanter combo using chanter auras and you get cc with a chanter plus the buffage.

I guess just a matter of playing style but so far has worked very well for my friend and I almost into tier 8.
We didn't use a bard/monk for any progession so far (need UQ) our main group was Warrior/wizz/mage/chanter/shammy and tier 5 merc with the exception of the end fight I used used my rogue and dumped the chanter on the end fight of Underbelly for added dps which we did need. We do have a Monk and we do have a Cleric but we are still gearing the cleric and yes we do use the monk to pull when farming at times and will also do the tasks again and get then to tier 8.

I would say if your going to dump the chanter don't waste your time on melee dps add another wizz or mage and that's comming from someone who raided with a rogue from GOD to the end of Tower melee dps in group UFcontent bites at least so far.

also any toon lvl 78 and low aa and gear would have a hard time carrying its weight regardless of class in underfoot

guess the monk aura will be some help and if hes good enough hell add good dps

im leaning for u to lvl a mage (its not that hard these days and w the aa bonus pre 700) aa xp is cake too

again make sure u get as many ac augs as u can for sk.

While I agree that caster DPS far surpasses melee DPS in the group game, I also think DPS can get overrated. I would also consider survivability and sustainability.

I define survivability as buffs and debuffs. I know mages bring the malo(xxx) line of debuffs to the fight as well as the best DS in the game. I think wizards bring little to nothing in this area. Shamans and chanters bring a lot of debuffs to help your tank live but I would not overlook the druid class either with their huge attack debuffs (see Blanched Frost and Hand of Ro). Also look at cleric's third spire and bards first spire AA line (not to mention their very significant AC songs).

I define sustainability as being able to maintain a high level of performance without expending endurance or mana that induces a need to rest. Most melee can burn discs to achieve high levels of DPS and can still achieve enough DPS in the group game to kill trash for exp. I would argue that in modest group level gear your casters will have to rest more often not when a melee toon can continue to produce respectable DPS with no rest.

As I have posted before, do a little research to know what classes will support your existing guys the most. Choose your poison and rock on. Once your toons are well developed in gear and AAs I don't think you will have any problems with grouping or progression. Not saying it won't be challenging but you will have the capability of getting it done.

Casters Vs Melee isn't cut in dry in Sustainability.

Mages and Wizards, except during burns, are the energizer bunnies of casters, and will put out more DPS sustained than say a Zerker and keep going while the zerker is on the sideline struggling for air like a fat man going up stairs.

It all depends on the player, the gear, the spells being used, burned or not burned.

For the most part I would say caster's outlast melee right now, due to lack of any major endurance regen(say fourth wind and i will laugh at you).

Last edited:
I tank the group tasks with my bstlord necro and cleric so if a bstlord tank these mobs dont know why you cann't lol

grp geared bst i assume..... cause you wouldnt be comparing any raid geared toon (and about the same aa and stats as he mentioned..... cause u wouldnt be comparing max out aa tons more ac etc

just curious about that

and im guessing your other 2 toons are comparable to his 2 (t4) merc.....

so one is in his 70s and 200ish aa

otherwise id say apples and oranges