The Torches of Truth (Erudin)

Borneal

Reaction score
Any advice on dealing with the adds on the last phase?

We had planned to root and kite them, however, I found that they were very hard to get aggro on reliably. When they first started popping all our SKs were hitting them with aggro spells but often the mobs would ignore them until thier initial target (often a torch bearer) was attacked/dead.

Our raid parks them up above the steps when you come into the Tower area.

It isn't an easy raid at all - one of the two cockblocks in T2 and will take your guild some time to learn for sure.

Yeah, that raid is a massive pain.

I dont take part in the kiting, but the adds we kite them... seems it's just a massive rez and die rez and die, throw what ever you can event at that point.

we use FD torch bearers on the roof and park a mage right under the stairs to COH them back. then use rangers and chanters to punt the adds off the roof.

I dont take part in the kiting, but the adds we kite them... seems it's just a massive rez and die rez and die, throw what ever you can event at that point.

Now thats l33t strategy

Now thats l33t strategy

Hey, it's not great, it's the truth though.

It's a mess, kite how you can and use specific(drop aggro/FD) classes as the torch bearers. Rest is just throw what ever you can and keep going until it completely falls apart towards the end.

The secret is cc'ing the adds... everything else is gimp-ish and simply an exercise in persistence. Adds spawn at each of the locations that TT warps to, but once she's been there the first time adds don't spawn from that location again. Simply (easier said than done, but yea) have shaman/chanter drop debuff totems somewhere, and then have all your knights (every single one) pull adds to the location specified. Use rangers/druids to CC everything with vinelash, 14 min snare, and fb/bb to position them together. Once in a while it seems a big group will bust hold all at once, so you need a few rangers/druids dedicated to JUST cc'ing all of that shit.

Then just beat her down to 10% and the pop up to the top of the tower. Once she pops up top of the roof all the adds poof and new ones spawn on top. Beat her down for the win.

Yeah we went again and put 4 rangers on doing nothing but keeping adds locked and some still occasionally got loose for a sec. Had shaman with them to drop totem.

Thought we had a win and our mage who was cothing people back to the roof got confused and went to DPS and fail.

Anybody seen the bats actually do anything harmful? They seem to just be there as a distraction.

They do something with healing, iirc (like degrade it or whatever... i'm not entirely sure). Basically, moral of the story is keep your healers on the 1st floor inside the middle building, and have a ranger FB/BB all the bat adds (or any other adds for that matter) off the roof.

Got this win last night. Key to victory was how we handled the adds.

Put a mage in with the kiters. Have them drag the adds all the way back to the zone in and get a coth. The adds will occasionally pop onto the aggro list but they can't find their way back. That just leaves killing the even con adds although you might be able to kite them off as well. Trees are the hard ones as they tend to get stuck on the walls in the middle room and you have to work them to get them back to the zone in.

Talk about a pain in the ass strategy... taking a knight out of the raid for however long it takes to get him to the zone in with his add = fail at least 50% of the time, I'd wager. Just cc them over at the bottom of the stairs with some rangers and a shaman/chanter totem and you're good.

Although sploiting the assist range mechanic I guess is one strat... until a GM pops in on you.

Its not really a pain and we usually have alot of SKs on a raid. However 2 or 3 tops can easily kite them away. Plus it removes the chance of fail if one gets loose and takes out the rangers.

Its not an exploit in my book. If they were worried about people kiting the mobs off they could have had the wall come up behind the raid so you could not leave that area. Even if the mobs pathed back to the raid I would just have SKs keep running through and dragging them back to the zone in and getting coth. Keeps them well out of the way.

I'd love to see 2 sks drag the 6 - 8 or so adds that spawn everytime TT pops to a different location 600 range or greater before 1/3 of the raid gets raped.