the KillerNic?

Appleseed

One of the quiet ones..
Reaction score
I was wondering if any members have the KillerNic or KillerNic K1 (www.killernic.com)? I'm getting ready to order a new gaming system when the next cycle of CPUs come out (looking for the price break on the current CPUs) and I was thinking of trying one of these NICs. Only thing is I can find as many bad reviews as I can good reviews.

So I'm looking for someone that plays EQ or LOTR that has tried one of these cards. For $178-240 they had better show clear benefits. If not I can use that cash to SLI my video or something. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if any members have the KillerNic or KillerNic K1 (www.killernic.com)? I'm getting ready to order a new gaming system when the next cycle of CPUs come out (looking for the price break on the current CPUs) and I was thinking of trying one of these NICs. Only thing is I can find as many bad reviews as I can good reviews.

So I'm looking for someone that plays EQ or LOTR that has tried one of these cards. For $178-240 they had better show clear benefits. If not I can use that cash to SLI my video or something. :)

crap some routers do this for way less

Yeah If you want to be cool just hot glue a knife from the flea market to your current nic. Then use the nifty routers....all the same effect.

Killer nic review

As you can read in the review, they did have better pings in WoW. No improvement of note in other games. The improvement in WoW would make me spend $20-50 more. Not hundreds.

Yup, that is what I thought too. But not being a network guy I figured I would ask here and get some opinions. I don't believe in side windows on PCs so I could give a *!@ what it looks like. I just had never heard of a NIC giving priority to UDP, and with Vista having a new network stack I'm looking for ways to reduce ping as possible. Granted I could just go back to XP. /shrug