Suggestions Please on Easy MMORPG

Alexandra

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend the easiest MMORPG for a 9 year old?

He played WoW, but got some authentication code applied without consent and Blizzards customer service is non existent.

Soo, WoW is getting perma cancelled, we would like something as user friendly and easy as WoW for him.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :p

Chances are, that authentication code is the blizzard authenticator. As to their customer service, they take bloody forever to get to a human but they can fix it. I wouldn't quite give up on it just yet. As to another easy mmo...WoW is one of the easiest. EA should be releasing their new Need For Speed World mmo in a couple weeks. Just done the beta testing on that and it's really simple and decently fun providing you like driving.

Chances are, that authentication code is the blizzard authenticator. As to their customer service, they take bloody forever to get to a human but they can fix it. I wouldn't quite give up on it just yet. As to another easy mmo...WoW is one of the easiest. EA should be releasing their new Need For Speed World mmo in a couple weeks. Just done the beta testing on that and it's really simple and decently fun providing you like driving.

Thanks Dulak. You are right its Blizzards authenticator, we've tried to help him via online forms, calling in, forums. They have been unreachable for 2 weeks now.

I should have mentioned he likes EQ type themes, knights, swords, monsters lol

Whats wrong with him on EQ? its not "hard" and with MMO its even easier!

look into league of legends my little bro likes wow and he likes it so maybe something close?

Runequest

If your wow thing is still messed up I have a wow account he could have.

Should get him into AION!

Might sounds like a crap suggestion, but have you tried "Freerealms" ? I never played it much past character creation. But its FREE! And its along the same graphic level as WoW. I cant comment on game content though im afraid.

Thanks all, I'm sure with these suggestions we can find something he likes.

Will PM you JJ about the WoW account although I'm frustrated with them, I thought Sony was bad..they make Sony look like Customer Service Experts :eek:

Free Realms may work too. I played it when it first came out, was fun. I don't know what changes they have made since, but the game is as close to easiness as I can think of (with WoW), plus, you may be able to reap some Station Cash bonuses off his account onto your account!

Was going to add that the game is very similar to FFXI in the sense of having one character with multiple jobs. You're able to switch jobs on the fly, wear different outfits for that particular job, wield different weapons and equip different skills. You also level up the skills from killing monsters and collecting stars. As stated above, there are a LOT of promotions in the game itself to win Station Cash including codes that you can redeem on other accounts (they are not exclusive to Free Realms).

Last edited:
Have 2 Free Realms starter cards if anyone interested. Card includes 30day membership 250 station cash and 1 magical potion. Free to the 1st 2 pm's. Will send codes in pm. I do not see any expiration dates, so I believe they still good.

Yes the game itself is free however those cards will grant you access to exclusive items and classes to unlock. At one point, Medic was worth the subscription alone - it was completely OP, especially with the old school star weapons (now removed from game). If you're subscription expires, you're still able to access the account and play otherwise but you'll be locked out of the exclusive content.

warhammer, if there is still a decent population would be good. it has basically the same look/interface as WoW. just pvp based.

Surprised no one has said anything but if your WoW account is compromised then you likely have a key logger on your computer.

Also their support doesn't suck, how many other companies will restore the account after it's been hacked? that's why it takes so long to get help because they are so busy restoring lots of accounts.

JJ giving you another account is only going to end up with another authenticator on it unless you get rid of the key logger.

WoW is a really good newbie friendly game so I'd honestly stick with that, especially if he likes it.

Surprised no one has said anything but if your WoW account is compromised then you likely have a key logger on your computer.

Also their support doesn't suck, how many other companies will restore the account after it's been hacked? that's why it takes so long to get help because they are so busy restoring lots of accounts.

JJ giving you another account is only going to end up with another authenticator on it unless you get rid of the key logger.

WoW is a really good newbie friendly game so I'd honestly stick with that, especially if he likes it.

Yeah, my fiance' cleaned up both of our computers already. Hopefully if there was any kind of key logger its gone now. We read about the key logger thing, but don't really understand why it impacts WoW only. Our EQ accounts are fine, etc...

As for WoW I can't get through its been 2 weeks of constant calling and multiple service forms, no response. I've spent at least 10+ hours on this. Thier customer service forum is riddled with complaints about no response and jam packed queues. I can't get help, period. :rolleyes:

If you want an AION account for them to try out I can do that also. Just activate it and play on it as he wants.

Have an EQ2 account around also, or guildwars. those are both rather easy

Yeah, my fiance' cleaned up both of our computers already. Hopefully if there was any kind of key logger its gone now. We read about the key logger thing, but don't really understand why it impacts WoW only. Our EQ accounts are fine, etc...

As for WoW I can't get through its been 2 weeks of constant calling and multiple service forms, no response. I've spent at least 10+ hours on this. Thier customer service forum is riddled with complaints about no response and jam packed queues. I can't get help, period. :rolleyes:

You don't need to get through, just email them and they will sort it out.