steel series apex

grim

Reaction score
wife just bought me a steel series apex keyboard and so far I like it. but I have no idea what im doing when it comes to setting up the macro keys.

if im 4 boxing in windowed mode, can I be on one screen but set on of the macro keys to trigger a hotkey on a different toon? so I don't have to tab back to that screen to hit my hot key or keys?

I hope this is the right section to make this post in, if not I am sorry.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Ah, one of the great conundrums of programmable keyboards used in a Windows environment! Problem is you need to get focus in the second window for the keystroke to be sent to it. Alt-Tab can work if you're boxing 2 but when you get beyond 2 it gets messy and fast.

This is exactly what ISBoxer is designed to do and it's game-legal. I've tried various "simpler" software utilities available on the Internet and it seems Sony blocks some of the keyboard commands which would allow diverting focus to another window in order to send a keystroke.

I use multiple computers to run my box group, since I prefer hardware solutions to software solutions, wherever possible. But that's my personal prejudice. Hardware can fail but it's rare... software gets "updated" or becomes incompatible after a patch... bah, I go with the hardware. Alas I don't believe there's a hardware solution to sending a command to a window out-of-focus, altho if anyone knows of any, I'm all ears.

I am prob wrong but ibthink it can be done wit eqbc? I would have my g keys set up to send commands for my group to follow or make camp ect. I am on my phone so it's kinda hard to write out the commands. It's not the same way you want it done but it works. I hope someone else will explain it because I hate proofreading my post on my phone

I'd like to know too. EQBC sends commands to other computers via their internal network address. I don't see how this would extend to a background window on the PC issuing the command. It wouldn't have a different IP address!

Anyone know for sure?

If all toons are connected to the same EQBC server, all will receive the command.

IE:
/bca //say time
will cause all toons to say "time" no matter what PC, foreground, background as long as they are connected to that EQBC server.

If you need help getting something like this set up, I'll be glad to write a little tutorial.

so eqbc is something I could type /all toons cast hotbar key 1 and that would initiate all toons to do the command associated with that hot key button?

Yes it would be a /bca command but I forget the rest look at the eqbc wiki for all of the commands

/bcaa //keypress 2
for all to press it.

/bca //keypress 2
for all cept the toon you're on to press it.

a hotkey of:
/bct toon1'sname //keypress 3
/bct toon2'sname //keypress 4
/bct toon3'sname //keypress 8
for individual hotkeys on a burn

or
/bct toon4'sname //mac burn
to run a mac
or
/bcaa //end
to stop all macs.

/bca //tar leadertoonsname
/bca //stick
to all follow leader

eqbc is the coolest thing for doing simple stuff like that. It gets a lot more complicated, but I understand the simple things.

awesome ill look into this. with any luck this will help me a bit and save me from tabbing to a few different screens

thank you for the feedback

I am not sure how many macro keys you have but ny g510 has a lot. I assigned a key stroke to each wibrow and than assigned that keystroke to my g keys . Made switching Windows easy as pie