SoD kurns and warrens

Hopefully last question.

Up above it says no one can enter or leave the room or it triggers adds. Does a battlerez count as entering the room?

Adds are timed. We battle rez all the time inside there with no additional adds. Of course with the illusion it looks like there are a ton of adds but those are people.

Looks like the time between waves bonus may reset after x waves. My guess is 10 but I didn't have my log on to verify it.

We had done right about that many waves moved right outside the boss room fully expecting a lull of some minutes before the next wave spawned and got one much earlier (we were still outside the boss room).

We killed that one and moved inside the room. Engaged the boss. Boom another wave of adds... dealth with that one... about 30 secs later... boom another wave of adds... minute later... boom another wave of adds.

These were accompanied by the

Arise my minions emote so they were the normal adds I think.

we were doing mostly ok until someone stepped out of the room in the chaos (we weren't counting on dealing with waves that quickly) and triggered the left the room preemptive strike logic. Wipe quickly followed that.

So I think there is a definite limit on how much time you can bank up between waves.

Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - Initial Wave
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 35 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 50 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 1 minute 35 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 1 minute 36 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 1 minute 34 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 2 minutes 5 seconds

Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - Initial Wave
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 35 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 50 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 1 minute 35 seconds

We didn't live for wave 7, It appears to me that waves are based on spawn, not kill. That is, whether you kite or kill or mez, the waves are on a set timer? Or are those just the base times for spawns? I think we killed a wave or two here and there but overall in the chaos it was hard to tell.

Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 35 Seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 49 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 2 Minutes 5 Seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 2 Minutes 45 seconds
Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'My minions, arise and remove the dwarves from our realm.' - 3 minutes 30 seconds

So killing them does nothing except clearing them out. The waves are completely timed.

One thing noticed was that if we had more then one puffball, and kill one, it did the same to other puffs as it does to the trash, reduced their hp to almost nothing, provided the mobs were in close prox. If they were spread out, nothing happened.

You are no longer allowed to use Mounts it will let you but for each mount you have up you get an add re-pop after it dies. my guild has beat this a few times but last night we wiped because everyone was on mounts. we CC'd then tried again with no mounts and it was an easy win.

oh and the adds you get from the mounts aren't part of the event. meaning they weren't triggered by the timers.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ok this seems pretty straight forward but I have some fine tuning questions:

greenparrot : you said that if all the adds including the sphere's were close together it would power all of them down next to nothing? Therefore you wouldn't have to worry about the other sphere's because you can just AE them down with the adds?

Last night when we were attempting this fight we fought the waves right at the entrance to the Crystalline. My question is does everyone AE Mez when they are clumped up together crossing the bridge and then just pull a sphere out? Or are you letting them seperate out and splitting the raid on two sides when they go in opposite directions? We were letting them split a little and I think that was our problem, made it much harder to CC them.

My thought is this have a few SK's at the bridge AE aggro them when they are clumped up and have the Chanters behind them ready to mez, and if a chanter gets knocked out, have a ranger behind them ready to AE root.

Now when you do 5 or so waves and you are ready to charge in and fight the named is there automatically a wave inside that needs to be burned down while you tank the Crystalline?

I appreciate your responses in advance....

fight the waves at the end of the bridge and they will be semi clumped when they get off, kill the nexionts and a few AEs will drop everything else. We don't AE mez, the stuff, wizzies start AEing as soon as mobs get to us and melee just kills the nexionts.

And I think only once we have had some mobs still wondering around in the Tyranonts room when we charge him, and we just had the chanters mez em.

Edit: about letting them get off the bridge - if you fight them too far away from the bridge they spread out and make AEing them next to impossible

Can anyone confirm whether mounts are still viable on this raid? I.e., do they really spawn more adds, as some have suggested? Thanks!