SoD kurns and warrens

greenparrot

Reaction score
Warrens Raid

Kurns and warrens raids. Any info out there?

Been working on kaesora council and I've heard that kurns is fairly easy once you figure out the tricks.

I'm also interested in the warrens. Heard it's boring but fairly easy once you have it down.

I didn't want to make two threads asking for basic info but if someone wants to explain either in a fresh post that might make it easier for others to find.

EDIT: While there's some kurns info here, it's mostly about Warrens.

The first warrens raid is easy. Zone in, clear around the lake before you start the event, start the event run to the lake where the named crystal is... kill the train that's already there(you have to kill the spheres first, they make the adds super weak, so basically you can kill the sphere and few ae attacks will kill the whole train), wait for another train and kill it then go in his room and engage. It's important that no one enters or leaves the room while boss is on aggo. This means every one has to go in all at once. Tank the mob in the center of the room. A set of adds will spawn every so often...same deal kill sphere first then the rest and back on the named. If people leave the room is causes a metric shit ton of adds to spawn and will most likely be a wipe. There is also some lame AE's that aren't that bad but you can't cure them....or if you do it has to be single target. The person that does the cure will get a 15k DD, so steer away from any form of group cures, that meas insta DT. The AE's turn people in to mobs, so the MA should have a /target key and a /hidecorpse all for the spheres.

Here is a hint, its an outdoor zone .

Mounts= no need for cure

Kurns is fun if you have good CC, kiters

burn down named, hit lessons, finish off mezzed and kited adds

thats one way to do it.

Here is a hint, its an outdoor zone .

Mounts= no need for cure

You are no longer allowed to use Mounts it will let you but for each mount you have up you get an add re-pop after it dies. my guild has beat this a few times but last night we wiped because everyone was on mounts. we CC'd then tried again with no mounts and it was an easy win.

oh and the adds you get from the mounts aren't part of the event. meaning they weren't triggered by the timers.

Couple of questions about the warrens event.

We've been told (and we all know how much that's worth) that there are 7 waves of adds total. So we cleared 7 waves no problem and went into the room with the boss and started to engage him.

We had one numbskull that didn't get in the room with us and a ton of adds spawned with predictable results.

The questions just so I'm clear on the event.

Do adds continue to spawn throughout the event? i.e. Is the 7 waves of adds total bs?

Secondly the mass adds we got was because of the person we had that decided to stay outside the room correct?

every time you clear a wave of adds it adds 30 secs until the next wave spawns so if you cleared 7 waves then you have about 3 mins until the next spawns.

my guild clears 5 waves then we run in and burn the named sometimes we get 1 last wave at around 20% or so but usually kill the named before the adds spawn again

but to answer your question yes adds do spawn throughout the event

Hmmm ok.

You go in and there's a wave waiting already, clear those and you get +30 to the next wave, so if the spawn on the next one was say 30 seconds, you'd now have a minute. So when you clear 5 you get an extra 2.5 minutes added to the timer?

Correct. we wait outside across the bridge and wait for the waves to come to us after the 5th wave we run in and start on the named.

One more question and this is on the cures. Says above if you cure the curer gets nailed with a 15k dd. Just to be certain this will happen if a cleric uses epic as well since it has a cure component? We banned cleric epic and cleric non HoT heals because they all have cure components to them but just wanted to be sure on it.

Any idea what you're curing? (i.e. disease, poison, curse?) Would it even be worth it to drop wards?

Ok cool. I'm leaning towards clearing a bunch of waves our first time, then provided we kill with no adds, each time drop the number of waves by 1 till we find the sweet spot.

we are the same we don't cure anything. no shields or any heals with cure components.

We banned cleric epic and cleric non HoT heals because they all have cure components to them but just wanted to be sure on it.

what cleric non HoT spells have cure effects? Only group related heals have cure component don't they?

So basically you kill as many sets of adds (after killing the sphere in each set) as you will need time to burn down the named, then run in and kill him. Cures have to be done carefully or not at all because of the 15k DD on the curer, and no one can enter or leave the room once the named is engaged.

Are there any other mechanics to this event? Any other adds that spawn or required elements of the script? Does anyone know what these two emotes are about?

Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'If you wish to flee from me I will just end this with a pre-emptive strike. Come face me and prove your capabilities.'

Crystalline Tyranont yells, 'You have failed to protect your precious leaders. I will be back to wipe the rest of you from my home at another time.'

i know the 2nd Emote means that you didn't kill all the adds and they went and killed the Dwarfs. but yes you pretty much have the fight down. its really not that hard if you just kill the adds (if you get any)

what cleric non HoT spells have cure effects? Only group related heals have cure component don't they?

Yeah I meant the cleric group non HoTs. Pretty much every cleric group heal (non HoT) above level 60.

Yeah I meant the cleric group non HoTs. Pretty much every cleric group heal (non HoT) above level 60.
Not even pretty much. Every cleric group heal post 60 has a cure component. Elixir of Expiation is your friend on this fight. Also, while it's very week, Exquisite benediction is an AE HoT that stacks with regular hots...so may not be bad to have clerics pop this off one at a time.

BC

We'll learn this the first time we go but just for prior information, what is the base timer? Or is there one?

So we go in and kill a wave, now we have +30 seconds. If there is no base timer, then the 2nd wave comes in 30 seconds, if there is, say a minute, then we now have a minute and half till next.

Hopefully last question.

Up above it says no one can enter or leave the room or it triggers adds. Does a battlerez count as entering the room?