SHD tanking

SHD 2.0 epic Lich curse is good also. It has saved me several times in Named fights. My shd has about 6500 AC 43000 hp buffed, I box a full group bard, bst, rog, dru, clr mostly crystallos gear or better. Good hunting

Old Bloodfields is crowded on your server?! wtf lol... we had like 45 in Husk, and I'm told LC had so many people it was freakin ridiculous.

Never even considered those old zones would pull in that kind of population.

These past three nights I've seen an average of 30 people in Old Bloodfields. It sucks because I am only familiar with so many camps and they were all taken. Was trying to take it easy initially until I got the feel down for the group and how well the bots worked.

I've moved back to WinEQ for the same being until I can figure out a way to remove the pixel gap that occurs in InnerSpace with ISBoxers window layout. That being said, I think I will go ahead and green light a CLR replacement for the merc.

SHD 2.0 epic Lich curse is good also. It has saved me several times in Named fights. My shd has about 6500 AC 43000 hp buffed, I box a full group bard, bst, rog, dru, clr mostly crystallos gear or better. Good hunting

Seems a lot of setups have a CLR and DRU or SHM. I'm concerned whether or not it is worthwhile to pick up that support healer. So far with the AC augs I've recently put in, OBF and even Discord has become pretty easy. I was hoping to get into some early UF content but dumb expansion downtime got in the way.

That HP and AC seems pretty beast. Buffed I had around 5300 AC and 35k HP.

With all RR gear, mm raid gear, and a couple of rot tower pieces under the right circumstances (bard, sk ac tap/agro over time, etc) I've managed to get my sk's ac up over 7450 for some fights. I can tank tier 9 uf with real cleric (which I box). I usually have a supplementary healer though to help on named, be it a merc or my buddy. I'm told he doesn't really have to patch often, but I know he does sometimes. I'm worried I'm getting a little close to max'ing out my tanking capability though... Not sure how he'll hold up in later parts of HoT (or he'll, even the early parts... I wasn't in beta).

Early HoT will be no troubles if you do Conv basically without a support healer.

You will find alot of groups do have that druid or shaman for support heals even with a cleric. But if you keep an eye on cleric, you should have no trouble. I only use my shaman to heal because i was too lazy to keep cleric epic or div arb available for the spikes. I would quiet easily heal with just the cleric given the patience. Cleric nevers get below 90% mana, which tells me i am not using it enough if my shaman is using his mana for heals.

As mentioned, shadowknight 2.0 if a must. You will click it every time it is up, just becomes habit. Should be a breeze for you to go into anguish and do jelvan for a orb. Did it a long time ago with less gear and tanked all 3 mobs, was alittle slow. But worth the time sink to have the epic click at hand. If you have shaman you will find you will click his epic all the time also, both of them running is awesome :).

On the bright side of HoT long patch, you will be able to log into old bloodfields and have it all to yourself while people explore.

With all RR gear, mm raid gear, and a couple of rot tower pieces under the right circumstances (bard, sk ac tap/agro over time, etc) I've managed to get my sk's ac up over 7450 for some fights. I can tank tier 9 uf with real cleric (which I box). I usually have a supplementary healer though to help on named, be it a merc or my buddy. I'm told he doesn't really have to patch often, but I know he does sometimes. I'm worried I'm getting a little close to max'ing out my tanking capability though... Not sure how he'll hold up in later parts of HoT (or he'll, even the early parts... I wasn't in beta).

You'll be able to tank through Tier 3, with your gear perhaps higher.

All pretty good suggestions... but a few reinterations

AC is king.

With Deaths Effigy and Hates Attraction the sk is the only puller you need and you should never get adds unless you want them.

If you got type 3 slot items getting focus's for spells (SOD) not a bad idea.

Buffs to keep up... FoD, Steely Stance, Drape, Malarian Skin, Shroud, Mindshear (make sure after Shroud), Lanys, other clickies...

Spells used on mobs... Charge for Power, Lanys (every other or every 3rd to maintain recourse), Dire Constriction, Plague, Blood. If have agro issues throw in a terror or two. My group tends to be caster heavy so I also tend to burn Bite and Chaos (aa) for little extra hp/mana recovery. Always have two taps memmed but only use in ohh shit situations or when I get a GoM proc.

Ohh ya and AC IS KING!!! (as you have noticed already)

I also hate mercs but dont have access to a real clr (same account as sk duh!) but they will do if your sk is capable. If you do pick up shm he can take place of enc as suggested. CC shouldnt be an issue for your groups with sk and they have multiple forms of AE hate to cover it if you do get trained or something. Deflect will give you time to lock it down so others dont die so quickly. Mage is very nice to have too specially if using Dev's magebot. I sometimes run 2 mages in my group and the extra dps is nice not to mention air pet stuns. Hell mage pets have finished off mobs that kill sk when mercs are sitting there with thumbs up their asses.

Proc fires are based on spell order. Having Shroud before Mindshear doesnt guarantee you'll get Shroud procs all the time but it will fire more often and it is the better proc.

This is why some dps classes block bard proc songs and lynx when burning using proc based stuff such as zerk BF and CR aa's. They dont want to waste procs on shit that adds minimal dmg vs their burn procs.

I was tanking t4-5 SoD with SHD with little troubles when the expansion was new. As many have suggested, 2.0 is a real blessing. I was running with a SHM and CLR, both on macros. Rest of my group was various DPS classes rotated in. I don't recall the buffed stats at the time, but most of the gear was TSS raid and cultural, AC augged as much as possible. Best of luck to you.

sk tank

sounds to me like ur biggest problem is ac. but also dire implacation is a huge lifetap u need to have up.

Slows!

I play an Sk with 6k AAs/5.4k ac 42000hp unbuffed, but with no slows, I'd never trust a bot cleric to keep me up. At least go farm a willsapper and always use a shield. Touch of the Cursed and Soul Abrasion are crucial AAs for SKs, so make sure both are maxed. Always use a shield, unless you are killing trivial mobs. (epic can still be clicked from inventory and I use mine every 3 mins.)

I would have to say your biggest issue is ac as previously mentioned. Keeping your self buffs up such as Remorseless demeanor, mindshear horror, blightborn, drape, malarian up is a huge help. My sk is 44k/6.5k ac unbuffed and I don't have a problem tanking anything. My cleric bot who was always macro'd almost never let me die, and when I did it was because I was tanking 3+ mobs in uf t8 or higher. Once you boost that ac you'll see a dramatic decrease in damage taken.

I play an Sk with 6k AAs/5.4k ac 42000hp unbuffed, but with no slows, I'd never trust a bot cleric to keep me up. At least go farm a willsapper and always use a shield. Touch of the Cursed and Soul Abrasion are crucial AAs for SKs, so make sure both are maxed. Always use a shield, unless you are killing trivial mobs. (epic can still be clicked from inventory and I use mine every 3 mins.)

I'm curious how your using epic every 3 mins with a 5 min recast, some trick I am missing? At least that's the recast for sk epic.

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it but get the UF bp and use that in conjuction with unholy aura disc; that will allow you to chain cast your life tap for about 60 secs and is a big lifesaver when your out of other discs.